Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If the conference call wasn't 'everyone in TNA has had their Twitter deactivated' this will end in the most hilarious way possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LanceBurrito posted:

I can't believe I forgot the one year anniversary of A.J. Styles winning the prestigious TNAsylum Award.

I hope TNA lives long enough for Billy Corgan to get one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

duyarvish posted:

Is the asylum award real?

Sure is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

B-Corg is gonna be on Vinny Ru's website for an interview sometime today.

"I sweah ta gad, bro, cool kids never have the time"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

James Storm's "The Sweetest Neg"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Billy Corgan is redefining tact.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Vince Russo is probably really mad that he never got to kill anyone while booking TNA

Why do you think he was trying to angle his way into a Lucha Underground job? The whole roster would be dead by now if that had gone through.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was Angle ever entertaining in TNA on the mic? I know he had some excellent matches, but it seems like all his best work out of the ring was in WWF/E.

Not unless things like the unintentional high comedy of Karen/Jeff/Kurt's custody matches is entertaining.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does anyone have a gif of Brodus *ahem* Tyrus going over the rope from that shot from Angle? Holy lord that was one of the worst spots I've seen in a long while.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nystral posted:

Even better it's the Hogwarts express between the two Harry Potter areas of the park. Not even a real train

Hold on, are you serious? This is incredible. James Storm, what a Slytherin-rear end motherfucker.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Was it the one with Tank Abbott in it

The One Where Monica Takes A Bunch Of Unprotected Chairshots

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think my favourite part is that pushing a woman onto train tracks and being caught doing so on camera only makes James Storm a "borderline" criminal

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Were people seriously doubting that? I saw the ticket purchase page myself when it was still supposedly going to happen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rockstar Spud on his huge Smashing Pumpkins fandom:

Big fan, correctly identified one song out of three.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Those are all Smashing Pumpkins songs, though? And everybody calls that song Rat in a Cage even if that's not really the title.

Nobody calls it that and you should tell your friends that paint thinner doesn't smell that good if they do.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

DESTINATION AMERICA RECORDS BEST MAY EVER IN PRIME

(Silver Spring, MD) -Destination America earned its highest-rated May ever in both Prime and Total Day among all key demos including HH, P2+, P/M/W25-54, P18-49 and M/W18-49 for Prime and among HH, P2+, P/W25-54 and P/M/W18-49 for Total Day. With brand new premieres of Impact Wrestling, Ghost Asylum and BBQ Pitmasters, Destination America also captured its Best May Ever in Total Day among P/W25-54, P/W18-49 and P2+ average delivery. The network has seen year-over year gains, earning 7% increase in year-over-year Prime P25-54 ratings and is up 8% in Total Day P25-54 rating.

Destination America garnered its best Monday ever among P18-49 in ratings on Memorial Day (5/25/15) driven by popular series BBQ Pitmasters and its best Tuesday ever (5/5/15) in ratings and delivery among W25-54.

Source: Nielsen. NPower. NHI Calendar. Live+3 Day. 05/28/12-05/31/15. Rating Analysis Time Period Report. Rating Analysis Program Report.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Destination America only existed as such since 2012? So it's their best May ever out of the four Mays they've had?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Or Wyclef's 'The Gambler'

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Apparently IMPACT aired without commentary last night in Canada.

Just came in to ask about this - I caught some of the feed on /wooo (the Fight Network stream) and there was no commentary, just crowd noise. Seemed they sent FN the wrong tape, hahaha

Great White Hope posted:

I've always wondered what a show like Impact would be like without commentary.

Unsettling to begin with, but actually not bad at all. I kind of wish more wrestling was available with crowd noise but without commentary.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Why isn't this working?! loving IWC!" screamed Bob Ryder, frantically trying to thread a piece of string through a coffee mug

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm not going to Slammiversary if they're giving Angle/EC3 away on TV.

Oh you'll go alright. You'll go and hold up a 'MELTZER WAS RIGHT' sign if you know what's good for you

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

super macho dude posted:

What pains me about most of the TNA loyalist workers is that with their talent, they would all be pretty successful imo somewhere else AND getting paid fairly well at least I think they would.

I think a large amount of their talent is guys that were either rejected by WWE (Bram, Anderson, EC3, Tyrus, Drew, Micah, Eli Drake, Angle), unwelcome in ROH and/or other indies (Davey, Kenny King, maybe Aries, Low-Ki), or who probably wouldn't get a look from either (Spud, Crazzzzzzy Steve, Mandrews, Sam Shaw, Gunner, Chris Melendez) so I don't know how well they'd do in the indies. You do have your lifers like Roode, Storm, Abyss, Young, Magnus who might be able to score a tryout in WWE or do some indy shots. I dunno if that'd translate to being paid well though, since you have to assume that at least Roode, Storm, and maybe Young have better deals than most in TNA and they're not exactly AJ-types that are going to be in demand from nearly every indy out there. I think Manik would be the closest thing to that model, since I see him pop up on indy cards a fair bit.

e: why the heck is King Mo still on their roster page? They've obviously updated it relatively recently to add new talent and eliminate other guys that left.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

to be fair Kenny King wasn't toxic until he walked out on his ROH dates from what I remember.

Well that's what I meant -- I'm not sure if ROH will be too quick to sign him after that when they don't really *need* a Kenny King right now. The wounds may have healed in Aries case though -- I could see him being in demand from ROH and WWE when his contract comes up next week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Onmi posted:

Unless TNA try to launch another pointless lawsuit at the WWE which locks their talent in and prevents them from going. It's something TNA would do. From hells heart and all that.

TNA's already being sued by Bischoff and Bischoff so unless their legal team is paid in boxes of old, unsold Bully Ray merch, I can't see them juggling two lawsuits and maybe a bankruptcy hearing in the fall.

e: have we talked about the terrible new X-Division belt yet?

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 16, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PWInsider is reporting that the new Slammiversary main event won't be for the world title, haha

quote:

TNA changed the planned Slammiversary PPV main event of Kurt Angle vs. EC3 from that night to the 7/1 episode of Impact Wrestling (which is titled "Bell to Bell") as there was no way for the company to conceivably tape episodes that would air after the PPV without spoiling their plans. The company is working on plans for a new main event, but it won't have the TNA title on the line.

http://pwinsider.com/article/94446/why-tna-changed-slammiversary-main-event-and-more-tna-news-and-notes.html?p=1

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's exactly what happened last time. They were late on pay, but made sure to issue checks on Taping Day so production and the wrestlers wouldn't walk off. This actually may be their business model at this point -- leave the paycheque money in the bank earning interest unless you absolutely have to pay the employees.

edit: rovert, you can have this one for free

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 16, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DEAR RICHARD posted:

It'd be better if they fought on a literal mountain

Too late, Trips already has his filthy claws in him

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hadn't heard this Ryder story before:

quote:

Source: http://talktnapodcast.com/tna-news/total-nonstop-mismanagement-the-story-of-a-wrestling-company-in-turmoil/[1]

Dixie does have her fans in the office and one of them seems to Bob Ryder who, while well liked by upper management (mainly just Dixie), is seen as more of a joke by many within the company. According to one source the office cringes when he tweets and asks what “executive” argues with fans or wrestling journalists. Apparently Ryder is somewhat of a ‘heat’ lover around the company and genuinely enjoys the controversy, but apparently not when it is directed at him.

As put to TALK TNA – “Last year when there were reports on wrestling news sites that Bob being in talent relations is like someone who’s played fantasy football running an NFL team….he was livid and had the IT guys go through thousands and thousands of emails to find out who did it.” This reeks of insecurity from a man who is apparently not much more than a cross between John Gaburick’s P.A. and a glorified travel agent. Of course I can understand why Ryder would want to know who sent it, but to pursue it like he was Jason Bourne is just pointless and a complete waste of time and resources. Imagine if Ryder stopped these kinds of things, stayed off Twitter (and Omegle) and instead dedicated his time into helping make TNA the best possible product it could be?

We have have first hand experience of how petty Bob Ryder can be and the reality is no executive at any normal run company would be allowed to behave in the way he does on a social media platform. They remain aloof because generally they don’t care what “the people” think as they are secure in their own thoughts and position.

Unfortunately the most damning thing we have been told about Ryder has nothing to do with Twitter, but pertains to a young girl from the make a wish foundation who wanted to meet Jeff Hardy. Apparently Ryder was telling people that he thought the young girl was faking it!! Imagine that, a company executive calling out a sick young child because he now believes he is a medical expert. One person who was there said “I wanted to throw up. At the end of the day, this is a human being and I always treated all fans as that. Bob Ryder does not.”

When one takes into account the health problems Ryder has himself endured over the years, you’d think he’d be a little more sensitive and well meaning than this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So are Chris Harris and Abyss on Omegle too?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

brb, signing up for omegle

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

What's an omegle? Sounds like you have to break eggs to make it.

It's a chat website where it randomly connects you with another person. Sort of like chatroulette, but I don't think there's video.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spermgod posted:

where are the gd ratings

It's much too soon to count the +3's, +4's, and +"oh poo poo I forgot Impact was on last week"s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not exactly a great source (and he himself doesn't source this info), but the TalkTNA dude is reporting that TNA has retained UTA again to find a new TV deal for them.

quote:

United Talent Agency (UTA) who were signed on to represent TNA back in April 2014 are currently in the process of trying to secure TNA a new American televison deal.

Here’s what TNA president, Dixie Carter said about UTA when their partnership was formed:

“UTA’s diverse range of capabilities make them an ideal partner to help TNA add tremendous visibility and value to the global IMPACT Wrestling brand,” said Dixie Carter. “We are confident that by working with the UTA team, we will not only expand our wrestling business in exciting ways, but we will also build new entertainment ventures and properties.”
UTA were largely involved in securing TNA’s deal with Destination America when the company was dropped by Spike TV. No networks are being mentioned at the moment in terms of a new home for TNA, but this would seem to confirm what Dixie refuses to – Destination America still plan on cancelling TNA programming in the Fall, and UTA are trying to find them a new TV deal.

More news as we get it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

On the other hand UTA negotiated a deal that didn't guarantee exclusivity from other wrestling shows on the network, and an option to break after 6 months.

Well the latter is pretty standard, but the former is more of a 'beggars can't be choosers' scenario IMO (and they likely couldn't imagine that ROH would try, much less succeed, at getting on DA). They took what they could get.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol please let Gunner's money be earmarked for making a big offer to Grado. Or at least to pay for the rights to Like A Prayer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I want to believe they're taping fewer shows per night, but nah, they're probably getting years of footage in the can for TNA 2.0, exclusively on Dailymotion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Sunday is the TNA PPV and
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/613169338091237376

If true there's just no words.

I adore this company.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I guarantee if Konnan had been stupid enough to agree to that they would have forgotten to get someone in for that.

Or it would've been Rob Terry in an undersized labcoat or something.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DM Punk posted:

Real question is:

Will Bram have to sign ANOTHER contract once the merger is completed?

Yeah but this one will be a five year locked-in contract that expires in December of this year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Somehow Kong/Brooke vs the Dollhouse, a 2-on-3 match, is for a singles title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

uh isn't Benoit the Benoit of our generation

• Locked thread