Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Do not and i repeat do not buy avocados from those discount grocery stores such as Food4less. You end up saving about 10% on the price, which is all well and good, but you end up getting an avocado that is about 60% of the size of what you would find at a normal grocery store.

You should also factor in the fact that the size of the big rear end seed doesnt vary much between the different sizes of avocados. so really you're getting way less of the good stuff out of the vegetable for a very slight decrease in cost. not worth it imo.

share your grocery shopping tips and/or trip reports ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
pick up some lime and cilantro to give whatever youre eatting a "latin" kick!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
honestly? thinking about cilantro lime rice w/ chicken for dinner tomorrow night. that sounds really good

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Small avocados taste better imho. I base this theory on the fact that the big smooth-skinned light green avocados taste like poo poo, but the little dark green bumpy skinned avocados are delicious.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

City of Tampa posted:

Small avocados taste better imho. I base this theory on the fact that the big smooth-skinned light green avocados taste like poo poo, but the little dark green bumpy skinned avocados are delicious.

no offense but gently caress TAMPA, fuggin blackhawks v. lightening? this cup is going to be boring af

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You should buy Whoppers you can get the 99 cent ones of the big boxes and Whoppers taste great. Get 2 or 3 boxes and a big jug of milk and a good movie and have a good time.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

no offense but gently caress TAMPA, fuggin blackhawks v. lightening? this cup is going to be boring af

boring for you maybe, I get some sports to watch when normally there are no sports.

GO BOLTS

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
go to costco, buy a bunch of poo poo like bag of rice that will last 2 years, bag of beans, bread, meat, produce and freeze 75% of it. unthaw as needed.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

Hass avocados are objectively the best avocado. I am willing to entertain contenders but my experience has shown that you'll doubtless be wrong about your weak-rear end, watery bullshit thin-skin avocado knockoffs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also yeaa a lot of discount avocados are prolly poo poo that was damaged in freight and fell off the truck or bounced around, and all brown inside and not as appealing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

avoid the discount sushi

just trust me on this one

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
the thing about grocery store sushi is that it's like nearly as expensive as real sushi but it tastes like total poo poo. its weight it also like 90% rice, god forbid you add a little more imitation crab

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

also yeaa a lot of discount avocados are prolly poo poo that was damaged in freight and fell off the truck or bounced around, and all brown inside and not as appealing.

They're supposed to rattle when you shake 'em, right?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
tbh I select avocoados for softness bcause I want to eat the avocado today or tomorrow, not in like a week when it finally gets ripe.

tl:dr: am looking for small soft avocados when I go to the grocery store.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ROFLburger posted:

the thing about grocery store sushi is that it's like nearly as expensive as real sushi but it tastes like total poo poo. its weight it also like 90% rice, god forbid you add a little more imitation crab
terrible sushi is kinda hilarious IMO

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when you're in walmart go to their cleaning section

then take everything flammable and dump it out and light that bitch up gently caress walmart

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
Avoid getting behind Indians in the checkout line, especially in self-checkout - they've usually got a ton of vegetables and so it takes five times longer for them to check out because they can't just scan them.

Become friends with the butcher. He's not going to give you a discount or anything, but he's probably got some good Xbox games.

Don't buy four boxes of lovely wine from the same store, because the cashier will correctly deduce that you're an alcoholic and you want to earn the cashier's respect. Instead, go to four different stores to buy your four boxes of wine.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

make a huge scene that the bananas arnt yellow

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hit the employees

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

when you're in walmart go to their cleaning section

then take everything flammable and dump it out and light that bitch up gently caress walmart

jeeze did the yellow smiley face guy steal your girlfriend or something

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Say "You look like you make poor decisions" then strike thsm

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Maybe YOU will make the change in their lives

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

Say "You look like you make poor decisions" then strike thsm

grocery workers do seem to be a fan of striking

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

City of Tampa posted:

tbh I select avocoados for softness bcause I want to eat the avocado today or tomorrow, not in like a week when it finally gets ripe.

tl:dr: am looking for small soft avocados when I go to the grocery store.

eh if everything works out, you can find soft medium sized ones. but yeah i'll buy whatever i can eat that day or the next. i've generally stopped buying non-ripe avocados because by the time they're ripe, i've forgotten about them or no longer need them for something, and they've turned brown.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

terrible sushi is kinda hilarious IMO

is that supposed to be terrible? it looks like a little kid made it but everything else seems okay

e: i mean as opposed to this kinda bullshit, that looks alright:

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 1, 2015

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i dunno sure

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

rib tips if u can get em

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:stonk:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ah yes, chicken sashimi is a delicacy

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

i am a deli manager at a grocery store (just put my notice in gently caress this place) and i will tell you i often rub my taint against our sushi to give it some extra pizazz

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

sometimes a piece of imitation crab finds its way up my butt ;)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Leather Daddy posted:

i am a deli manager at a grocery store (just put my notice in gently caress this place) and i will tell you i often rub my taint against our sushi to give it some extra pizazz

You shouldn't do that ):

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my dick is literally wrapped in rice and seaweed right now and im dipping it around in soy sauce and wasabi

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

my dick is literally wrapped in rice and seaweed right now and im dipping it around in soy sauce and wasabi

maybe that could find its way up my butt too?

call me

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

You shouldn't do that ):

give me one good loving reason why

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Clap your hands at the check out with a big grin on your face yelling out Ay bay bay! Ay bay bay! a couple times.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you do it while jumping back and forth like that weird green guy from the Skittles commercial then it's better 2.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Leather Daddy posted:

maybe that could find its way up my butt too?

call me
no butt stuff

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
Produce and dry goods are cheaper at the discount store but meat is cheaper at the normal whitey grocery store. Both owned by ingles. The discount store owns because it has two aisles of Mexican foods and it's all dirt cheap. White people suck and don't know the value of a dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
Regular grocery store has a lot of nice butts in yoga pants though... me gusta

• Locked thread