Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

davecrazy posted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...3f5c_story.html

lol

What is the biggest stadium? Standing Room Only Jerry World I guess? How about actual asses in actual seats?
Maybe Jacksonville when the Bulldogs play the Gators?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Tony Kornheiser said that Tom Brady was suspended because he was white and Wilbon agreed with him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CannonFodder posted:

Maybe Jacksonville when the Bulldogs play the Gators?

Some Big 10 stadium probably

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Ross Angeles posted:

Some Big 10 stadium probably

I know Penn State and Michigan are both huge. OSU is probably up there too.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Top Ten largest college football stadiums by capacity:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

I know Penn State and Michigan are both huge. OSU is probably up there too.

Beaver Stadium, Neyland in Tennessee, and Ann Arbor are massive. Like, 110k massive

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Well I was keeping it to NFL stadiums because B1G stadiums are in an arms race.

And the eventual champ will be Bristol Speedway for VT vs Tennessee :getin:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ross Angeles posted:

Beaver Stadium, Neyland in Tennessee, and Ann Arbor are massive. Like, 110k massive

Of the top 5 largest stadiums by capacity in the world, four are American Football (#1 is North Korea's stadium but they don't really count). Of those remaining 4, 3 of them are Big 10 teams (Michigan #2, Penn State #3, Ohio State #5 ) and the last one is Cowboys Stadium (at #4).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

computer parts posted:

Of the top 5 largest stadiums by capacity in the world, four are American Football (#1 is North Korea's stadium but they don't really count). Of those remaining 4, 3 of them are Big 10 teams (Michigan #2, Penn State #3, Ohio State #5 ) and the last one is Cowboys Stadium (at #4).

Wanna see Mass Games in Pyongyang Stadium

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Great contract for Cam. Lotsa smart extensions this offseason for quarterbacks no wonder wilson doesn't wanna sign yet

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Silverdome was the loving best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc9Eii21hyE

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cam's contract may be the best in years for a QB from a team perspective. Look forward to exactly zero pieces about how Cam left money on the table to help build a contender.

Gonz posted:

Beaten to it but the Pyonnyangoplex seats 150,000. The fact that they're all terrified they will get disappeared for clapping at the wrong time is just a bonus. I'd like to see that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Silverdome was the loving best

The math doesn't check out

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

They never enforce that rule anymore. Thank god.

Here's the only other time I've seen the refs do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED3-s3bNmI

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cam rules.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Colts signed ex-Chief Sean McGrath.

Fear the beard.

Wait didn't he retire? I didn't think he got cut or anything and they could have used him last year after Harris went down at the least.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Bad Moon posted:

The math doesn't check out

The Silverdome made the 12th man look like a bunch of little bitches

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Gonz posted:

You can take your college stadiums with bench seating and stick 'em up your rear end.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014

I hope he can make it through the season without being involved in an airplane crash or other random accident.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

commy gun posted:

Please don't bitch about crossfit. We get enough lovely derails already.

2 pages of lol religious people late.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Silverdome made the 12th man look like a bunch of little bitches

It's fitting to be called Silverdome because it comes in second compared the Kingdome :smugbird:

davecrazy posted:

You can take your college stadiums with bench seating and stick 'em up your rear end.

Penn State gotcha covered

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 3, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Wait didn't he retire? I didn't think he got cut or anything and they could have used him last year after Harris went down at the least.

Unretired before OTAs. Apparently the Chiefs weren't interested so they cut him.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

It's fitting to be called Silverdome because it comes in second compared the Kingdome :smugbird:

Penn State gotcha covered

I thought it was named after colloidal silver in that it was ineffective and embraced by crazy shitheads

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Cam's contract may be the best in years for a QB from a team perspective. Look forward to exactly zero pieces about how Cam left money on the table to help build a contender.

even better:

NFL Nation TV wonders: Cam Newton more 'Scam' Newton with new deal?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
In honor of Cam's new awesome contract.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACedNZ5H1Qc

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Brad first took to the stage with Charlotte Children's Theater. He immediately fell in love with performing and went on to study theater in New York, Shanghai, London and Atlanta. He has appeared on stage, television, and film. He spent most of 2014 working enslaved in India. He currently (2015) resides in Atlanta.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just got reminded of this. Let's all laugh at Dee Ford again.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

In honor of Cam's new awesome contract.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACedNZ5H1Qc

lol is rvd in that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Metapod posted:

lol is rvd in that?

Dude, he is a weird guy.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude, he is a weird guy.

:frogon:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

In between takes he'd take his shirt off, close his eyes and meditate.

His stories are incredible.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Glad Cam got locked down.

Even happier that Gettleman has front loaded the poo poo out of it so at worst he only averages 17mill per year after the first season.

The dumbest thing I've seen come out after this is pundits asking is Cam worth more money than Dalton, Kaepernick and Tannehill.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Ross Angeles posted:

Gonz posted:

Holy poo poo, guessed the top 3. drat I'm good.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 3, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

BlindSite posted:

The dumbest thing I've seen come out after this is pundits asking is Cam worth more money than Dalton, Kaepernick and Tannehill.

lol

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
More linemen getting thin.

Excerpt:

quote:

Big 10 football requires a certain body type, so Hardwick would eat a gigantic Jimmy John’s sub for breakfast and another for lunch. At dinner he slathered two pounds of ground beef on multiple tortillas. He consumed a 600- to 700-calorie protein shake before bed—and always set his alarm so he could down another at 3 a.m.

“I’m not naturally a big person,” he says. “So it took a lot of effort for me to sustain that weight.”

In the NFL those efforts were only amplified. During his 4:45 a.m. drive to the Chargers’ facility, he consumed a 600-calorie protein shake and a bar that packed 20 grams of protein. After working out he grabbed a 300-calorie Gatorade protein shake. After showering he hit up the cafeteria to get a large smoothie “with everything imaginable in it”—plus five eggs, sausage, and 32 ounces of whole milk. He would snack on a bag of mixed nuts while watching film. Two or three hours into meetings, he’d down a 700-calorie protein shake. After practice, another protein shake. Lunch in the cafeteria meant a big salad, with as much protein as possible piled on top.

“A lot of bread on the side, too,” Hardwick says.

After even more meetings, Hardwick would go home and eat with his wife, Jayme. Dinner was always a normal meal—meat, potatoes, and vegetables—with normal portion sizes. “I didn’t to drag my wife down with me,” he says. But 90 minutes later the heavy eating resumed. Hardwick would eat cereal poured over a 32-ounce tub of Greek yogurt, the size most people buy to last an entire week.

The nightcap: a pint of Ben of Jerry’s, savored while lying in bed. Karamel Sutra was his favorite, with 1,040 calories, 104 grams of sugar, and plenty of other unsightly numbers that led to even more unsightly numbers on the scale.

Looking at old photos makes him cringe. “I was disgusting,” he says.

quote:

“You want the secret? It’s ultimately this,” Hardwick says, his relaxed demeanor sharpening into the focus of a fitness coach. “Reduce your calories to less than what you burn. Are you disciplined enough to go through this day in and day out?”

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The year is 2015 and fat people are still confused by calories in, calories out

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Would.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The year is 2015 and fat people are still confused by calories in, calories out

But it's glandular! :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Reading that Hardwick eating piece was like "ha, nice, must be nice to eat that way."

"wait..."

"MORE"

"poo poo"

"god no :stonk:"

Grittybeard posted:

I just got reminded of this. Let's all laugh at Dee Ford again.

Something from 49ers 2014 where you don't laugh at the Niners. Finally.

• Locked thread