Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a very cute and excellent game. I highly recommend it, if you are a liker of good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlgzM3AcUu0

The video editor and Director Mode in GTA5 are a lot of fun.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This is so weird. I don't see a thread about Fallout 4 at the top of the first page.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a very cute and excellent game. I highly recommend it, if you are a liker of good games.

Still haven't completed it. One of the secret missions or whatever involves doing a gordo face match game and it's loving BULLSHIT

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steam took pity on my terrible decision to spend money on Infinite Crisis and gave me a refund. Time to buy a real game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Colonel posted:

100% truth

Mak0rz posted:

Still haven't completed it. One of the secret missions or whatever involves doing a gordo face match game and it's loving BULLSHIT

oh come on it's not even the hardest minigame

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Steam is apparently giving out refunds for any reason. Congrats to all who make terrible purchasing decisions. Also people who get sale sniped.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Steam is apparently giving out refunds for any reason. Congrats to all who make terrible purchasing decisions. Also people who get sale sniped.

It's about time, Origin, despite being inferior to Steam in almost every way, has had some top notch customer service. Like, really good customer service... plus they game me a 10% off coupon for my next purchase every time I contacted them. Hopefully this is Steam stepping their game up, because their support system has been piss poor forever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Been watching some Diablo 2 videos. Diabo 2 holds up better visually than Diablo 3.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Been watching some Diablo 2 videos. Diabo 2 holds up better visually than Diablo 3.

Diablo 2 looked like poo poo even when it first came out.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Diablo 2 looked like poo poo even when it first came out.

The expansion was mandatory, because it gave you 800x600 resolution.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

theultimo posted:

I don't think i've ever played the expansion.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

This is a worrying trend for Steam, soon they may have to actually start giving customer service on other issues as well

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

theultimo posted:

This still makes me laugh when I think back because I knew nothing of resolutions back then and was conflicted about how small it made my potions bar :qq:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You have no idea who is and isn't a paid shill on a pseudonymous forum anyway; for example I think it's plausible that Sony hired VBC to make Nintendo look bad

Totally plausible.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Shh, my deal with Nvidia might be known!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Who pays The Taint Reaper and for what purpose? Maybe the cable companies to get us to stop playing video games and watch more TV?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You have no idea who is and isn't a paid shill on a pseudonymous forum anyway; for example I think it's plausible that Sony hired VBC to make Nintendo look bad

there is a bunch of proof out there that "zombies" are paid to flood discussion sites such as 4chan and other media with false information

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
You can only have the true experience of Call of Duty(™) on PS4 (™) with Mountain Dew (™) Game Fuel (™)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Who pays The Taint Reaper and for what purpose? Maybe the cable companies to get us to stop playing video games and watch more TV?

The Reaper is not paid, for he has no need for the modern concept of currency. He is but an ancient trickster demon, sent to confuse and sew dismay amongst discussion. If Nintendo wants to pay me to say that I have enjoyed their fun games though, please not that I am willing to accept payment.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If I weren't already such a successful entrepreneur and model I would happily take cash money in exchange for hyping any lovely game. For the price of a good steakhouse dinner I'd tell the world that Destiny is the game of the century, an extraordinary experience that only gets better as you play it more and never feels like grindy poo poo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Fallout 4.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

We've already seen that trailer. The second trailer was just released, get with the loving times

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It looks good, but there will be posts and posts about Bethe$da and how Gamebryo is Satanic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's going to be fail.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I'm going to tell everyone it will be poo poo but I'll buy it day one and probably enjoy it a lot

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm going to tell everyone it will be poo poo but I'll buy it day one and probably enjoy it a lot

That's the Fallout way.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

game is supposed to be 3 times bigger than skyrim holy poo poo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

game is supposed to be 3 times bigger than skyrim holy poo poo

like mapwise or on a harddrive?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

Yes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

map size

they want you to be finding stuff years after release, or something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

That's cool. I started a Skyrim game and found a bunch of things I had never seen before the other day.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
im 'that guy', i quit fo3 and skyrim early on but played NV through. found them boring and generic. but i totally did it for internet cred, not because i was bored

e: will still give fo4 a fair shot tho

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 3, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

It looks good, but there will be posts and posts about Bethe$da and how Gamebryo is Satanic.

The immediate flood of fanfiction about how terrible the game is going to be just continues to prove that Fallout fans are the goddam worst.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i've tried playing skyrim twice and never got into it

i might get into fallout 4 since retro-future-postapocalyptic > generic gay elves and poo poo but i've got better things to blow money on

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I wish I could find that one NMA politoon where they redrew Kultur Terror as Vault Boy being ridden by Todd Howard because that thing is almost a decade old and it's still the exact same poo poo people are saying about Betheda and Fallout 4.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

StashAugustine posted:

i've tried playing skyrim twice and never got into it
The main problem with Skyrim (2011) is that the combat is straight out of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996). Never understood why so many people like the game.

By the time I got to the temple on top of the mountain I was already trying combat overhaul mods and then just gave up. Thank god someone eventually released Wild Hunt, I knew it could be done well. The combat in that's no Devil May Cry, but still. It's something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adam Bowen posted:

We've already seen that trailer. The second trailer was just released, get with the loving times

i listen to this every time someone posts it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Remember that time Fallout 3 made you kill yourself even though there was absolutely no necessary reason for your sacrifice in many playthroughs, and then when fans complained had NPCs berate you for wussing out of your destiny by making them (harmlessly) do it instead? Well I'm glad those creative visionaries are back on board to deliver the latest chapter in the epic, heart tugging family saga that is Fallout 4 (Those feels already, that dog ... :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This forum's utter hatred for Bethesda's thoroughly enjoyable games will always baffle me.

• Locked thread