Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dang nigga you are right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

please don't give that kind of information to goons, it will lead to bad things

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

error1 posted:

blumpkinhead
Nov 10, 2014

aint got no time for bird sex
where I come from, if someone is trying to give you something for free, its probably poison.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

so whatcha think op? you gonna go for it?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

error1 posted:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
the r2 os is always the good one guys

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I got this message to. Ive reserved my free copy

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i only have vista do i get one too??????

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all I care about is whether or not you can upgrade and become a legit windows 10 owner if you only have a pirated copy of windows 7

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

all I care about is whether or not you can upgrade and become a legit windows 10 owner if you only have a pirated copy of windows 7

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

they called windows 9 windows 10.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

microsoft corporation msft keeps windows 9 secret and bill and steve take turns kissing it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
Win10 is the Hacker Operating System of the Millennial Generation.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

As a Millennial I posted:

so whatcha think op? you gonna go for it?

Cant decide not enough information

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Skylark posted:

Cant decide not enough information

cmon guys. lets help skylark out with some more posts about windows 10.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

its bad

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

it's been 3 days and i still havent gotten the notification!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it cause :canada:?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
^^ I live in :canada: too

i had some optional updates on my windows 7 pc, that after installing, the notification appeared. i reserved my copy of windows 10 for free using my pirated windows 7. thank you microsoft.

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
You should upgrade to the latest and greatest operating system from Microsoft. It's so amazing in fact that Microsoft are giving it away for free because they just can't bare to see it go to waste.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
there are kids in africa without windows 10, so you better loving get it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
eat your 8-12 servings of windows, citizen

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

windows 10 is going to be the first operating system that can't be pirated so it's a good idea to reserve a copy while you still can

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
haha, ya, let me pirate my freakin OS ... the most important part of my compy aside from STeam. lmfao. gently caress off

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Windows 10 will be offered as a free upgrade to most Windows 7 and 8 users for one year after its July 29 launch. This has led, inevitably, to a number of questions about what happens to those who want or need to reinstall their operating system.

Microsoft's Gabe Aul has provided some much-needed clarification on this issue. On Twitter he confirmed that once upgraded, Windows 10 users will be able to perform clean installs of the operating system at any time, even after the one-year free period has ended. Users won't be required to install Windows 7 or 8 and then re-upgrade, and they won't need the Windows 7 or 8 product key, with Aul confirming that clean installs from an ISO will be possible.

I wonder what's stopping people from firing up a hundred windows 7/8 VMs and getting a buttload of free windows 10 keys

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

haha, ya, let me pirate my freakin OS ... the most important part of my compy aside from STeam. lmfao. gently caress off

Microsoft can't afford to make piracy too hard or pirated windows too gimped though coz they know most of their revenue comes from people who don't pay for their products

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i bought windows 7 home at best buy, and i fuckin love it. im going to upgrade to win 10 for free - and when they start billing me? im gong to smile. thank you based billg

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
counterpoint: with the thousands of exciting free versions of the linux operating system, do we even need a new version of windows?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

puhleaze we all know it's xhamsterdance dot com don't front

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.

Smythe posted:

I dont pirate my operating system because i'm not a thiefing piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

If Apple said I could have a free computer, I would absolutely take that deal.

• Locked thread