Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Rufus Ping posted:

Yeah use 1Password instead. It has proper browser extensions that don't rely on magic involving window titles, don't blindly auto-type, and don't require you to construct some Rube Goldberg contraption out of third-party software in an attempt to work around it being poo poo

Can you use a yubikey with 1password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

As someone who looks at hella PDF's, what should I be using instead of adobe reader?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

hooah posted:

How would I use either the keyfile or the Yubikey on my phone?

NFC yubikey?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

So i've bought myself a new laptop and just want to double check i'm not missing anything obvious.
- It's a lenovo x250 so i deleted all the partitions that it came with and reformatted with a clean image of windows 10 pro.
- I've turned on bitlocker
- Set up to use OpenDNS rather than ISP one
- Chrome with ublock origin, https everywhere and privacy badger
- I use private internet access as a VPN for when i'm using random wifi and at work (work at a hospital and we have to use the open guest wifi)
- I was about to move from lastpass to keypass but wondering if i should spring for 1password or just stay with last pass given keypass dont want to use https

anything else obvious i'm missing?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Doronin posted:

So for the past decade, I've been using McAfee subscription antivirus since I haven't had to pay for it. However, I just can't loving deal with it anymore obliterating all my available memory and generally causing my laptop to perform like poo poo. I know McAfee generally sucks, according to things I've read, but my patience has just run out.

I don't mind spending a few dollars per year (I think McAfee is like $50/year), but I'm open to suggestions on a viable replacement that won't cause the entire system to slow down to a crawl while it takes literally all godamn day to "search for updates" and/or randomly scan for hours at a time.

Just use windows defender if you want AV.