Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I'm always trying to find new malware scanners to clutter up my poo poo. I just saw a thing that linked to Microsoft Safety Scanner, which I've never used before.

I followed the link, and the page looked so phony I had to do a double take. So I went and found another link to the same page from Microsoft. And it's still the same weird, old fashioned looking page, but whatever. I downloaded the exe, and now when I try to run it I get windows 10 Smart Scan telling me it doesn't recognize the publisher. What's going on here, and am I missing anything by not installing Safety Scanner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
This is all crazy person talk, right?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I had Windows 10 BSOD which I don't think I ever had with 7.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Non Serviam posted:

Dude, he was asking a question. There's absolutely no need to act like an rear end on your responses.

Your thread is really interesting, and I love what I've learned from it, but if you hate people asking questions perhaps this isn't the right format for you.

It's easier to get past the hostility if you picture him saying it in a nasal computer nerd voice I found.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
What's better security for a gmail account, 2 step verification where you need a password and a code, or using my phone to sign in where it asks for my fingerprint?

Is the phone sign in easy to spoof? Are they both easy to spoof?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Oysters Autobio posted:

It seems like more and more it isn't exactly being tinfoil when most countries border crossings routinely mass download personal data off of smartphones

What countries do this?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

The US for one.

Can you give me an example of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Cool thanks. Is this what that guy is worried about?