Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boo, boo I say to you Defiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Defiance: I AM THE BUTCHER OF TULSA!" plz

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Linda Hamilton is an amazing addition to this show.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kegslayer posted:

Linda Hamilton is an amazing addition to this show.

I somehow stopped watching this show after 02x02.

Now I have to catch up because Linda Hamilton is the poo poo.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Now not only can Irisa obsess over the deaths she caused last season by her actions, she can also obsess over the deaths she's allowed through her inaction. This show thinks the only good Irisa is a sad Irisa.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Jesus gently caress Irisa shooting herself in the neck and having to watch her body knit itself back together as creepy gently caress head-Irisa sings....

Why did I stop watching this show. :stare:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Not really here for weak rear end Arisa. You just burned/blew up a couple hundred thousand ppl, you can slit one more piece of shits throat. Nolan isn't really good either but I'm gonna side with him. Wolves are at the door, some sheep are already dead and you're gonna be the weakest you've ever been? How convenient.

As far as E-REP goes wasn't NY they're main base of operations/leadership hq? Wouldn't be far fetched to imagine even low level politics dudes going at each others throats for power grab while restructuring is going on. If it's one thing with this show, it's that all sentient life is garbage =)

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 20, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'll never get tired of Linda Hamilton with that line

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm glad to see this show hasn't lost its knack for picking really weird cover songs as episode enders. Never thought I'd hear a breathy version of "Hey Joe" playing over a touching-but-vaguely-sinister alien family reunion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ShakeZula posted:

I'm glad to see this show hasn't lost its knack for picking really weird cover songs as episode enders. Never thought I'd hear a breathy version of "Hey Joe" playing over a touching-but-vaguely-sinister alien family reunion.

Next week: Ska band cover of "Karma Police" set to scenes of Rahm Tak's soldiers gunning people down in slow motion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

:rip: Pilar? Nah I bet she survives somehow because reasons.

The baby exchange in the cabin was pretty good though. He's a baby :v:

Stahma what is your end game? Don't gently caress with the Omek.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Nolan's new "shoot everyone, everywhere at all times" strategy sure is something else.

And yeah, I doubt Pilar is dead. I saw a squib when she was shot, but it was probably a shot that went clean through and didn't hit any vital organs or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
For a super close range rifle shot, ballistically it's possible.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I think we're all pretty sure Linda Hamilton will be back :v:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

I'm glad they keep on doing the whole cheesy but awesome montage with music bit at the end.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

I think we're all pretty sure Linda Hamilton will be back :v:

:golfclap:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I hope she's dead, seeing as she ruined just about everyone's lives with her antics.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
Every time I try to catch up on this I get nostalgic for Farscape and wish it had been a CRPG setting.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
"Come with me if you want to live." Oh god, I'm dying.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kesper North posted:

"Come with me if you want to live." Oh god, I'm dying.

Every time there is something going on vaguely connected to Terminator I know to expect an "I'll be back" or "come with me if you want to live." And yet it happens and this is me irl

Every. Time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just wonder who, of Hamilton and the producers, had to convince the other to do it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stahma was hilarious for how she reacted when she caught the servant getting off in the tub.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

"Defiance: I AM THE BUTCHER OF TULSA!" plz

I loved that part. "I AM THE BUTCHER OF... Where are we again?"

"Tulsa."

"TULSA!"

Meanwhile, Nolan reading aloud from Amazing Goddess of the Badlands while using superior height to keep it from Irisa will never not be funny and adorable.

"Daddy's reading."

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

etalian posted:

Stahma was hilarious for how she reacted when she caught the servant getting off in the tub.

She was bathing alone! Who does that?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Also, I think they were implying that Adina has a crush on Alak. :allears: She's a great addition to the show.

So she's also completely dead -- being a third tier member of this cast leads to inevitable murder.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I was shocked when Graham Greene was killed off but Hamilton and Lee Tergesen have been great additions to the cast.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

She was bathing alone! Who does that?

Everyone. :fap:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Pilar? Nah I bet she survives somehow because reasons.

The baby exchange in the cabin was pretty good though. He's a baby :v:

Stahma what is your end game? Don't gently caress with the Omek.

I have no idea her end game but her opening move is always to be obsequious to the person in position of power.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Binary Logic posted:

I was shocked when Graham Greene was killed off but Hamilton and Lee Tergesen have been great additions to the cast.

Everyone. :fap:

I have no idea her end game but her opening move is always to be obsequious to the person in position of power.

The person in power in her local area is Rahm Tak. Oh, hell, I am now deeply frightened for Alak.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

johntfs posted:

The person in power in her local area is Rahm Tak. Oh, hell, I am now deeply frightened for Alak.

She could be trying to manufacture a conflict between Rahm Tak and T'evgin while being friendly with both.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Binary Logic posted:

She could be trying to manufacture a conflict between Rahm Tak and T'evgin while being friendly with both.

I misread the quote to which I was replying. I was talking about Pilar being near Rahm Tak, which meant she was near Alak.

I don't there'll be a need to "manufacture" a conflict between Rahm Tak and T'evgin. A conflict already exists. Rahm Tak is coming to Defiance to burn it down and slaughter everyone there. T'evgin and his daughter are there. Tak is likely to flay them alive and turn their purple skins into a royal purple outfit. It's possible that Rahm Tak will cause T'evgin to bring in extra Omec while the ship is mostly depowered.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Open Source Idiom posted:

Also, I think they were implying that Adina has a crush on Alak. :allears: She's a great addition to the show.

More than implying. I'm looking forward to the show focusing on more than Angry Gingers from Spaaaaaaaace. And Orgasm Bath Salts are an under-exploited commodity in the show; they should make a reference to some billionaire who cornered the market on that stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did they massively cut the show's budget? That arch explosion was super cheap.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Did they massively cut the show's budget? That arch explosion was super cheap.

Yeah it feels like this show took a budget cut this year. From cutting characters to the special effects.Has the game part died?

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 27, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Kegslayer posted:

Yeah it feels like this show took a budget cut this year. Has the game part died?

It's still going along, it seems.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
drat, that explosion was some Sliders-level poo poo. Yeah the visuals and sets and stuff this season have become hilarious. Even with that, though, it's still a good show.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Good episode but yeah that was some god awful CGI all around

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

What a waste of a perfectly good doomsday bunker and seed vault.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Soon as Stahma mentioned Alec purple vampire dude was all "ah, you came for the D!"

*blackula laugh*

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Purp-Dad got game!

Agree on the effects, but the own zone is still in full effect

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Pottinger. You died as you lived, crazy as gently caress.

Blacula owns. Oh you tried to kill me? Are you going to try again?

General Beecher continues to own. Omek warship? gently caress everything, kill the omek. Can't risk those dirty humans getting their hands on it. A lesser villain would have tried to capture it for himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is Arrowhead a real thing because they used exactly the same name for pretty much the same thing on 12 Monkeys.

• Locked thread