Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
just saw a thread with a title about short sleeved shirts get gassed, Is it true that goons have a problem with short sleeved shirts? A classic goon niggle or pet peeve? Why do short sleeved shirts grind everybody's gears so much on the forums idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
its a fedora for ur body

only wear tailored suits and pretend to be a hardboiled alpha human being straight out of madmen

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Xaris posted:

its a fedora for ur body

isn't that what a fedora is?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
goons hate all articles of clothing

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

Xaris posted:

goons hate all articles of clothing

also wearing no articles of clothing whatsoever is lame as fucjk

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I find your new av really jarring! The other one was so soothing…

I usually cover my limbs when I'm in public. I don't mind if other people show theirs.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

t-shirts are cool. short sleeved dress shirts almost always look terrible

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

I.C. posted:

I find your new av really jarring! The other one was so soothing…

I usually cover my limbs when I'm in public. I don't mind if other people show theirs.

would u prefer it if it was wearing a short sleeved shirt?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

les fleurs du mall posted:

would u prefer it if it was wearing a short sleeved shirt?

Naw, that'd be weird.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

les fleurs du mall posted:

just saw a thread with a title about short sleeved shirts get gassed, Is it true that goons have a problem with short sleeved shirts? A classic goon niggle or pet peeve? Why do short sleeved shirts grind everybody's gears so much on the forums idgi

it got gassed because it was a zero-effort crap OP trash thread

your thread seems ok because you're at least asking an honest question

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

your thread seems ok because you're at least asking an honest question

Do you have to wear a shirt to work here?

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Hessian sack. Only approved clothing unless youre a try-hard or a hipster loser.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Beige posted:

Do you have to wear a shirt to work here?

nope

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i always wear short sleeves because of a medical condition. i even wear them for formal occasions. if anyone says anything i mumble curses under my breath and curl into a foetal position in a hidden corner. it is a real medical condition fyi. and i am v good at finding hidden corners

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Its hot here, short sleeves are best.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

this also describes 95% of the threads that don't get gassed, though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i wear no sleeve shirts and fedoras for shoes

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
haha jk there trilbies

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i actually dont like wearing long sleeved shirts and only really wear them if i'm wearing a suit, op

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

this also describes 95% of the threads that don't get gassed, though

sorry I can't be awake and watching the forums 24/7 you loving rear end in a top hat

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gnarlyhotep posted:

sorry I can't be awake and watching the forums 24/7 you loving rear end in a top hat

that's a little much, isnt it?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Business Gorillas posted:

that's a little much, isnt it?

yeah people expecting us to be big brother is comical

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
why do you even mod at all the only thing left for this place is low effort crap

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Unlucky posted:

why do you even mod at all the only thing left for this place is low effort crap

lol you are one of those mad at the world types, nothing is ever good enough

rarrrhhjgh

aahhaa

did your mom not treat you right

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
no its more like if 95% of the posts here are crap the ones that are modded seem entirely arbitrary or just whatever personally offends you which is lame. just embrace the crap otherwise whats the point of still hanging around here?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Unlucky posted:

no its more like if 95% of the posts here are crap the ones that are modded seem entirely arbitrary or just whatever personally offends you which is lame. just embrace the crap otherwise whats the point of still hanging around here?

Well your percentage is off but I'll ignore that. So you're positing that there is no reason for anyone to "hang around here". For the sake of argument, let's say that's true. Why then are you still here?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
well i said the reason to hang around here is to enjoy the last poo poo posting stage of this forums life, modding seems to go entirely against that mentality

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Unlucky posted:

well i said the reason to hang around here is to enjoy the last poo poo posting stage of this forums life, modding seems to go entirely against that mentality

What's funny about this is that there have been people posting "the forums are dying" since at least 2000. So yeah I'm not worried by screeching harpies like you that THIS IS THE END

in fact it just makes it more fun because you fuckers just keep coming back again and again

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

What's funny about this is that there have been people posting "the forums are dying" since at least 2000. So yeah I'm not worried by screeching harpies like you that THIS IS THE END

in fact it just makes it more fun because you fuckers just keep coming back again and again

I look forward to having this same convo again in 10 years

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
right well there used to be 3k people regularly browsing and now its like 500 plus there used to be tons of awesome mega threads and whatever now its just meme-y burger stuff. theres still a kind of charm to it though, this is just a new stage of the forums life its like in the golden years and you cant be as aggressive with the modding. like i said it just seems arbitrary or whatever personally annoys you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Unlucky posted:

right well there used to be 3k people regularly browsing and now its like 500 plus there used to be tons of awesome mega threads and whatever now its just meme-y burger stuff. theres still a kind of charm to it though, this is just a new stage of the forums life its like in the golden years and you cant be as aggressive with the modding. like i said it just seems arbitrary or whatever personally annoys you

*the sound of air going out of a balloon*

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
yeah okay you want to keep the same tight rear end mod style as when the forum actually required effort because you cant accept it is pretty much dead this time, i got it. whens the new big influx coming in? maybe in another 10 years when everyone has a teenager they can introduce this internet nostalgia to? lol

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

more like mr dicksucky

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
nice one maybe he'll make you deputy cocksucker

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

gnarlyhotep posted:

yeah people expecting us to be big brother is comical

LOL

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

a teenager in 10 years? but i virgen

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
its ok man youll get there we believe in you :)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

nice one maybe he'll make you deputy cocksucker

i wasnt siding with the mod before but i might now because deputy cocksucker sounds p cool

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

goons care about shirt sleeves and the forums and i cannot tell which is most gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Unlucky posted:

yeah okay you want to keep the same tight rear end mod style as when the forum actually required effort because you cant accept it is pretty much dead this time, i got it. whens the new big influx coming in? maybe in another 10 years when everyone has a teenager they can introduce this internet nostalgia to? lol

If I wanted to be Abe or Senior Woodchuck I could easily do that. But I don't. It's not the mods that are the problem, it's morons like you who think you know everything.

But whatever, do what you like. You'll keep being an angry internet sadsack, and I'll keep being a mod. That works for me.

• Locked thread