Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SenatorIvy
Mar 1, 2003

Bush lied, Kentucky Fried.

Applewhite posted:

Deaf people tend to have a pretty strong cultural identity to the point where some deaf couples are glad to have their children turn out deaf as well.
This seems monstrous to me, but I don't have the power to stop them.
Yet.

I'll never forget the little graphic slideshow where the deaf guy with the 80's hair had his kid flown to some rear end-backwards country to have him deafened. Pretending your lack of one of the senses everyone else has isn't a handicap somehow is ludicrous; deafening your hearing kid is loving monstrous.

A deaf woman I know just recently had a baby and when everyone asked the inevitable question about its hearing she informed us that they were "hoping it would be deaf." That's like saying you can't slam dunk, so you hope your kid never can either. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Was dunking the first analogy that came to mind when searching for a good comparison to being deaf?

Just wondering.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

SenatorIvy posted:

I'll never forget the little graphic slideshow where the deaf guy with the 80's hair had his kid flown to some rear end-backwards country to have him deafened. Pretending your lack of one of the senses everyone else has isn't a handicap somehow is ludicrous; deafening your hearing kid is loving monstrous.

A deaf woman I know just recently had a baby and when everyone asked the inevitable question about its hearing she informed us that they were "hoping it would be deaf." That's like saying you can't slam dunk, so you hope your kid never can either. Jesus Christ.

JakeP posted:

I have never met a deaf person who wasn't an rear end in a top hat

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jonny 290 posted:

My motorhome's got a TH475. Up-specced TH400. Straight cut gears in first and second. Sounds glorious. WHEEEEEEEEEEE

I have been biased and bigoted my friend. Truly all the of the Turbo-Hydromatics are the one true trans

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

xov posted:

It's actually a neurological disorder. Whether or not all people who claim to have BIID actually have this series of misfiring synapses is not clear, but many definitely do.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/body-integrity-identity-disorder/

The brain is a weird motherfucker sometimes.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Like that woman who lost her properception and can't feel where her arms and legs are unless she's looking at them so they wander around. She feels alien in her own body.

GG infection in the spine.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

Oh good, not the only one

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
It's like every time I think up a snarky but legitimate reason not to indulge whatever circus freak or retard's demand that I respect them, call them by a made-up royal title and agree to pretend that they're not bug-rear end crazy, some 100% perfect living breathing case in point appears and embarrasses itself on the internet and/or is psyopmonkey

Never fails, every goddamn time, batting 1.000.

:spooky:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Ever since I saw Charlize Theron in the new Mad Max movie, I've become fixated on cutting off my wife's arm.

What's a good disorder that will keep me out of jail for that?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Frankenstyle posted:

Ever since I saw Charlize Theron in the new Mad Max movie, I've become fixated on cutting off my wife's arm.

What's a good disorder that will keep me out of jail for that?

Let her peg you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SenatorIvy posted:

I'll never forget the little graphic slideshow where the deaf guy with the 80's hair

narrow it down a bit?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

spud posted:

Isn't this what Psyopmonkey did to his penis then he quit the forums due to something?

woah psyop quit? i'm out of the loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm not really weirdly angry about what other people decide to do with their bodies but
lol

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Faking disability is pretty atrocious- it was the kind of tasteless thing the Gang did in It's Always Sunny's first season (Mac pretending to have polio to get chicks.) Actually injuring yourself would be noble if you could give your ability to someone who is actually disabled. Just throwing it away, though? That's pretty pathetic

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

General Tofu posted:

Faking disability is pretty atrocious- it was the kind of tasteless thing the Gang did in It's Always Sunny's first season (Mac pretending to have polio to get chicks.) Actually injuring yourself would be noble if you could give your ability to someone who is actually disabled. Just throwing it away, though? That's pretty pathetic

why do you care tho

the window-peeping sanctimonious dicks looking for poo poo to condemn people over affect Society or Justice For The Crippled or whatever a lot more negatively than some nutjob taking a bandsaw to his hands cause it gives him a boner

you aren't being deprived of your sacred right to other peoples' limbs or dicks or what have you, you never had one

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why do you care tho

the window-peeping sanctimonious dicks looking for poo poo to condemn people over affect Society or Justice For The Crippled or whatever a lot more negatively than some nutjob taking a bandsaw to his hands cause it gives him a boner

you aren't being deprived of your sacred right to other peoples' limbs or dicks or what have you, you never had one

Having some guy who wears a dress and chops off his dick and balls be called a woman with a straight face irrevocably changes the definition of woman for everybody, just as a woman who puts on a backwards hat one day and walks around looking like justin bieber is suddenly supposed to be called a man with a straight face. Not sure how it does, but it does. Not that i care, society can crumble around me, ill find a place to wait it out.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
It doesn't affect me personally, but I knew the trans- movement would eventually reach a point where everyone recognizes that enough is enough. This is that point.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

Having some guy who wears a dress and chops off his dick and balls be called a woman with a straight face irrevocably changes the definition of woman for everybody, just as a woman who puts on a backwards hat one day and walks around looking like justin bieber is suddenly supposed to be called a man with a straight face. Not sure how it does, but it does. Not that i care, society can crumble around me, ill find a place to wait it out.

m-my pronouns :qq:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

that dudes great

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Serious Frolicking posted:

im transneurotypical. i self-identify as a non-crazy person.

i lol'd

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Guess who's leapfrogging a little bit and delcaring themself transabled banker & president of the earth. While you're reading this you wish you thought of it but its my loving identity and you have to respect that because in my brain I know that I am the money president and you probably have less than 50% of your brain ravaged by mental illness if you ever loving look at this post again I'll kill you

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
hashtag harassment

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
you guys are acting like "well if the gays get married next thing you know they'll be marrying CHILDREN or DOGS"

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

JakeP posted:

I have never met a deaf person that could slam dunk

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

you guys are acting like "well if the gays get married next thing you know they'll be marrying CHILDREN or DOGS"

Those things actually are next though

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Tautologicus posted:

Honestly, yeah.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Polygamy is next tho.

Legal torture is another one of those things that is changing the way our society thinks.

Miltank fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 4, 2015

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

JakeP posted:

I knew exactly one deaf guy who wasn't a huge rear end in a top hat, but he was almost completely blind, too, so maybe that is what gave him the transempathy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tautologicus posted:

Those things actually are next though

nah, next is legal marriages to fictional characters.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Why does everything always return to loving furries these days?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Flo Cytometer posted:

Why does everything always return to loving furries these days?

dude, there are non-furry fictional characters out there. you were the only person who even mentioned furries.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Transabled is pretty much the equivalent of marrying dogs, yes

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

That one French chick married the Berlin Wall

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

can you guys actually feel yourselves becoming your hick parents or do you just stay in denial straight through the bitching about that music the kids these days listen to phase

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

can you guys actually feel yourselves becoming your hick parents or do you just stay in denial straight through the threatening kids for taking a shortcut across your lawn phase

crushing depression and encroaching obesity? yeah, i just get more similar to my parents as i age.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

can you guys actually feel yourselves becoming your hick parents or do you just stay in denial straight through the bitching about that music the kids these days listen to phase

idgaf

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

what I'm curious about, the question I have, so to speak, is why you thought this edit was better than the lawn thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MyronGognitti posted:

I have never met a deaf person that could slam dunk

There aren't a lot of impressive deaf people.

• Locked thread