Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quick refresher on last season: Hannibal killed Katz and Gideon, attempted to manipulate Will into being his murder buddy but eventually escaped the country with Du Maurier instead, leaving Will, Alana, Jack, and Abigail to bleed out. Also Chilton got shot in the face, a social worker was shoved inside a horse, and Mason Verger fed his own face to a dog. In short, everything's hosed.

'Season 3 is upon us, and early word is it's the best yet. NBC's been going crazy with promo videos here, though be warned, they'll spoil who survived the end of the last season, if you've somehow managed to avoid that information up until now.

And for the record, it's Italian cuisine this time.

Hannibal returns 10/9c on Thursday, June 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Oh jesus it's time already. gently caress yes! I missed this show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still remember when this show was first announced, and thinking that it was probably going to be terrible despite the showrunner and the good casting. I've never been so happy to be wrong, and I can't wait to see what fresh horrors await in this season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
Damnit, I was thinking this was on tonight for my whole shift at work. What a bummer.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, I think I'm more excited about this than I was with Game of Thrones' return.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The last day of waiting is giving me facial tics.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
OH GOD IT'S HERE!!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Low effort OP indeed. :colbert:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Jerusalem posted:

I still remember when this show was first announced, and thinking that it was probably going to be terrible despite the showrunner and the good casting. I've never been so happy to be wrong, and I can't wait to see what fresh horrors await in this season.

I remember watching the episode with the angel wings and thinking "This show is way too good to get renewed." Then it got renewed twice! And that wasn't even a great episode by the show's own standards!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so happy for the return tonight, can't wait to experience the season live!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The thread title really should be " Is your social worker in that horse"?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh my god, yesssssss.

Sorry love, everything is on hold tonight for Hannibal.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
to get back to the Hannibal (the movie) chat
people actually like the Book ending?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hope justice finally catches up with Hannibal this season. He is a bad man!

:)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Aaaaaa holy poo poo I totally lost track of this, I had no idea it was coming back TONIGHT. Today will be a very long day at work.

Sucks if Alana is dead, I enjoyed her character. She's the only question mark left as far as I can tell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DeafNote posted:

God no

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I always thought the Italy portion of Hannibal was fantastic, Pazzi was a great character. It falls apart after that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Basebf555 posted:

I always thought the Italy portion of Hannibal was fantastic, Pazzi was a great character. It falls apart after that.

Yeah it was cool to learn about some Italian history while reading the serial killer fiction, and then you got pigs and brainwashed Clarice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DeafNote posted:

Yes and no. My main issue with the ending stems from losing so much of the mystery of who and what exactly Hannibal is. Going into his head (while fascinating in some ways and as excited as I am to see Fuller do the mind palace) was the biggest mistake that novel made, to me. It's a weird double edged sword, that book. The ending itself with the brainwashing isn't so much my issue as the way the novel gets there, I guess. Like it could have worked just fine, but ended up coming off awkwardly. And the book had already been doing a bit of a disservice to Clarice's character before any of that even came around.

Besides, without that plot point this I honestly think the show would be entirely different. I doubt Hannibal's mindfuckery of Will would be half as intense. Then there is Bedelia, who I am imagining may one of his attempts at 'bringing Mischa back'.

Probably worth mentioning I'm also one of the crazies who thinks Hannibal Rising (while awful) has a little bit of merit. We'd already ruined the mystery of the doctor in Hannibal, and the prequel had a few things I'll look forward to seeing lifted for the show and several things I'll be happy to see left behind.

Excuse the quality of this post and my explanation, apparently I always get the urge to respond when I am stuck with nothing but my phone to do the typing.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DeafNote posted:

Loved it

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://mondotees.com/products/hannibal-original-television-soundtrack-2xlp

Just ordered the cheaper release from Mondo. The last release from the UK was just too much money.

Wish it had come out in time for tonight's premiere!

Dr Dozzy
Nov 5, 2007
I told the other crow this; 'Get off my lawn'

alg posted:

http://mondotees.com/products/hannibal-original-television-soundtrack-2xlp

Just ordered the cheaper release from Mondo. The last release from the UK was just too much money.

Wish it had come out in time for tonight's premiere!

Welp, they sold out almost immediately. The Invada copies are still up for sale, and have some sweet as fold art, and the option of the coloured vinyl is still available iirc.

Its expensive, but the complete set is 8 LPs!

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
^If I still collected vinyl I'd be all over that 2xLP soundtrack, the art looks beautiful and I do think that Hannibal has one of the best scores for a television show, network or otherwise.

I don't think I've been this excited for a series premiere since The Wire was still on HBO, seriously, I've liked it since season one and I think it has gradually gotten better as it's gone from a really unique, hyperviolent crime show with a lot of insane cases of the week to what it morphed into over time, especially the latter half of season two, during which the codependency between Will and Hannibal become the focal point of the show. It's that relationship that has made it one of the most captivating TV shows I've ever seen, and it has been something that I was actually concerned about with season three since it starts with Hannibal and Will on separate continents. However, my concerns have been assauged after reading a review of the first several episodes where despite Hannibal's escape to Europe, he still has Will at the forefront of his mind.

It sounds nothing but promising and I am thrilled that NBC is giving it a chance to develop into something truly unique in television. Especially network television.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Where is this season Korean promo for the Will-Hannibal romantic comedy series ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbrUf6vjCr8 is getting there but lacking in sparkles.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Aaaaaa holy poo poo I totally lost track of this, I had no idea it was coming back TONIGHT. Today will be a very long day at work.

Sucks if Alana is dead, I enjoyed her character. She's the only question mark left as far as I can tell.

Fuller talked about Alana a while back. Basically because of some problems with the source material she's alive and is going to fall for Margot as part of Fuller's attempt to smooth out some homophobic stuff from the novel.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:getin:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Aquarius into Hannibal is one hell of a double feature. Noice.

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
Yea, I recently binge-watched Aquarius on nbc.com, as they put the entire season on their website at once for some reason, and for those that are planning on watching Hannibal live this year, I'd consider checking out Aquarius, it's a good lead in. It's not as good as Hannibal and I'll be really surprised if it gets renewed but it's entertaining enough and pretty bleak...tonally I think it's in the same ballpark as Hannibal. Kinda funny that both the stars of the X-Files are in back to back shows on NBC this year.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, I'm scared for Season 4.
:ohdear:

Sounds like Fuller fought with network a lot to get this season done the way he wants and even ended up going OVER budget.
And after all this, they STILL don't have the rights to Silence of the Lambs, god drat.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 4, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Me thinking about this show.

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
This show is a work of unparalleled visual beauty. I'm counting the minutes. :circlefap:

I am going to HATE watching it with commercials, god drat.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
More people need to watch this show. I really, really enjoyed the first two seasons. I am quite excited.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
My OTA is set up. I'm so excited to watch something live for the first time since I was... 17.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Mizumono time. Haven't watched it since it premiered, but iirc nothing really happens right?

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.

Brock Samson posted:

Mizumono time. Haven't watched it since it premiered, but iirc nothing really happens right?

lol this avatar/post combo, thanks for that.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Brock Samson posted:

Doing the same thing right now. So loving excited for the best show on TV to be back

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Will I be able to watch this online somewhere? I don't have cable anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Hannibal is sooooo sad when he smells Freddy on Will :smith:

• Locked thread