Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fish Noise posted:

Hey come on leave the Neruzing to Neruz.

JossiRossi posted:

If you haven't blocked Neruz you are reading the subforum wrong.

You are always welcome in my threads, Neruz. They are a safe space. A Safe Space 3.

Speedball posted:

Adams and Lugo says that there's someone watching you, probably, before you reach the signal. While you can see the three guys beneath the sand bus playing dead, do you ever see anyone in the distance or out of the corner of your eyes or anything in the lead-up to that?

It's CJacobs. Adams and Lugo unwittingly broke the 4th wall!!! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yes. it just picks up your PSN account name or gamertag depending on your console.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TomViolence posted:

To be fair, when a game that's a deliberate homage to Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness has a major character called "Konrad" I dunno if subtlety's the word.

i always saw Spec Ops The Line as a re-imagining rather than a homage, but it doesn't really matter.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you're having trouble finding a place to stick all the loading screens, send them to me and I'll add them to the Chrono Trigger LP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yo, all, Spec Ops The Line is 80% off in the Steam Summer Sale right now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You should be nicer to yourself, CJacobs. What would Captain Walker say if he heard you being such a Debby Downer?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
btw, could someone please photoshop Nolan North's Captain Walker onto this Captain Walker:

Also, make it so all the little people on his arms are the people he's killed in Dubai.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Speedball posted:

Ohhhhh, you're doing this AND the RE: Revelations 2 thread at the same time. No wonder.

He's also guesting on Prince of Persia 08 and Killzone 2, atm.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, the misunderstanding is a totally human response to a hosed up situation. I found it believable.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Neruz posted:

To be fair; for reasons that I obviously cannot go into the story doesn't work without this moment or something like it.

:haw:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fish Noise posted:

It's fun comparing this squad leader with that of a certain other concurrent LP.

Scene: Alpha Squad has just finished eliminating a heavily fortified Helghast position, using their own weaponry against them. The weapon in question: Blue Phosphorus, a derivative of White Phosphorus that utilizes Petrusite as a key component, adding electrical burns to the chemical burns. They are walking through the "killzone" and discover that they've also killed a number of Helghast civilians.

Sevchenko: This is your fault, goddamnit!

Natko: Sev, hold up, man!

Sevchenko: But it is! He wouldn't listen!

Natko: We didn't have a choice.

Sevchenko: He turned us into loving killers!

Natko: You gotta stop, man.

Sevcheko: No! NO!!

Natko: Get a hold of yourself!

Velasquez: Shut the gently caress up! We need to keep moving.

Sevchenko: What?!

Velasquez: Hig reinforcements will be here any second. We need to keep moving.

Natko: But Rico--you're not, you're not even--

Velasquez: Bastards here deserved to die. Shouldn't've been born a Hig. Come on, let's get back up to that mortar. By the time reinforcements arrive, we'll be able to rain down Blue Phosphorus on them all over again. Be doin' them a loving service puttin'em out of their misery. Now are you with me or not?

Sevchenko: :stare:

Natko: :stare:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, for a shooty-man, this game is less about tactical realism and more about story-telling.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Wiggy Marie posted:

Fair enough. Doesn't make it any less gross, though.

No, man, not fair enough. You're fine calling it a weapon.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Evil Tim posted:

Weapon sure (though WP itself is just a chemical and is used in the manufacture of such lethal concoctions as toothpaste), but it's not a chemical weapon unless you use it in a very specific way that isn't the way it's normally used.

Ooooh, okay, I hear what you're sayin'.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Fly, Captain Walker, fly!"
"Come on, Captain Walker, we got the wind up our rear end! Take us to Tomorrow-Morrow Land!"

"Waaaaaaalkerrrrrrrr. Waaaaaaalkerrrrrrrr. Waaaaaaalkerrrrrrrr. "

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > B̧̦̱̎̌͗̄́͐́e̛̺ͨ͑̒͋͝͠ͅc̷̲̱͙̬̬͕̺ͤ̽̎̾̎ͬͯ͢ơ͔̖͚̠̈ͦ̒ͬͭ͛mͭͩ͊ͬ̊̍̇͏̡͙̻͝e̵͖̳͂̉͒͜ ̶̢͙̄̅ͦ͠a̵̰̜͎ͤ͂͑ͣ̎̇̋̓ͣ ̶̭̠̤̝̯̘͍̥̳ͮͧ͗ͥ̊ͧ̿͋̀͢Ṁ͔̪̼́ͣ̑͝o͚ͮ̏ͩͫ̚͢͡͞n̴̡͚̖̊̍̒͟ͅs̹̺̹͆̑̓̐͗͊́͢t̠̺̱̱̙͉͂̾ͥ͘͘é̛̱̥̹ͦͩ̇͆ͯͅr̞̙̜͉̥̝̜͎͐̋ͦ̔͟ ̶̵̯̯̗̦̮̖͛ͨ͛̉ͅW̵̡͎̫͉̞̓͊͊͐͐̇ͪ̊̿͘iͬ͛̂̃ͤ̍̌̋̚͏̙̣͎͎͓̮͙̣͞ͅţ̬̮̲̾ͥͤ̉ͪ̊́͡ḩ̫̺̜ͣͯ͐ͫ͒ͪͬ͡͡ ̡̹̊̔̈́͋̊̎̚͜Ḿ̡͕̟͕̜̥̳͈̱ͣe̛̛͕̝͓̓͒̎͑ͮ́͑.̯̣̹̹̼̹̿ͪ̅̿͝͝ Let's Play Spec Ops: The Line!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dead Reckoning posted:

Not really. He's way loving over selling it. (No offense, CJ.) It's hard to really get into the game's psychological space when the voiceover is piping in with, "Ohhh, I'm so not examining the reasons for any of this! Until right now, and suddenly I'm super upset!"

Some people like the LP gimmick, some people don't like the LP gimmick.

Either is cool.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
your notes sounds like the ramblings of a mad man

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
A white bird is a white bird is a white bird is a white bird is a white bird.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Wiggy Marie posted:

The birds don't like you, leave them alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4TU_R7J3c

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

tlarn posted:

My only beef with the screaming is it sounded like he blew his mic out at the end there; definitely go for it but just be careful or edit the levels in post for the sake of us who listen to everything with headphones. :shobon:

but blowing out headphones is a tradition in many LPs that CJacobs is involved in.

CJacobs posted:

"Aw, man, my commentary for this is going to be a solid line of read 'cause I'm just so, so excited."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
just wanna say, video editing was top notch with this lp. bravo, cjacobs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
In Spec Ops: The Line 2, Walker finds himself in a small town called Silent Hill.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

Well, now that it's over and the jig is up, I can post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzoeQoHwN8

I'm not even sorry.

u motherfuckre

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that's not a bad thing

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Goodness. Is that from a fan fiction? Did CJacobs read Spec Ops fan fiction this time?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:hawaaaafap:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Skyfinder posted:

You know, this is the LP/thread that just keeps on giving. First, a solid LP of Spec Ops: The Line, then a whole bunch of thread arguing that was actually pretty sophisticated and intelligent and to add even more some good streams.

It's a shame that the LP archive doesn't archive thread replies.

I got around that by quoting a tonne of informative quotes in the Killzone LP. It's up to CJacobs to decide if he wants to gather together a thread-chat-quote-post for archival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
*your

• Locked thread