Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Can't wait to learn these techs! It's a really nice effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

IronSaber posted:

Gun talk: The 417 is based on the rifle of the same designation- the Heckler and Koch 417, which is a battle rifle. That, as you said, is functionally a combination of a sniper rifle and assault rifle.

Once I saw it in The Line; I've been in love with it and want to get it IRL.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

There's so much about this game I really wanna talk about, but have to wait until the set pieces come up. :( Keep posting all the videos CJacobs! I really want to go into some poo poo here!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS GAME! This part of the game was so gripping and it's only the tip of the iceberg! They've SHOWN you what white phosphorus does, and to be honest it's not even half as horrible in this game as it is in real life. I wouldn't recommend looking up what it does normally under any conditions but if people are curious enough.... Just don't do it on a full stomach. But back to the topic at hand. They really give you a no win situation here and not only that but they take the illusion of choice away from you. They let you know this has to be done. In war it's either kill or be killed. So you do it- even if you know what that means. At no point do you have the full details of your actions until much later when you have to walk through everything you've done. It is a bit inaccurate cause even if you've survived WP that poo poo would burn your lungs and it last a while. But still it was just a beautiful set piece in a very morbid way. You've unwittingly killed enemies and innocents alike. Now you have to wade through the mess of what you've done. You swim through the corpses and know full well you've hosed up something big.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

So another reason why I like this game is at this point where the video starts... I WAS SOOOOO pissed off that this mother fucker destroyed all the water. Just the lead up to it all - the heartache and struggle was already piling up. By the time the tankers got destroyed I was so pissed off at this guy that I stood there for a good ten minutes debating if I wanted to end his suffering by putting a bullet in his head or to just let him die like that. I NEVER ONCE THOUGHT I'd be making such a choice in my whole life. I was saying things like "This mother fucker deserves to burn." let alone just contemplate the idea of mercy killings. But yeah I had to walk away from the game at that point. I couldn't believe I was actually thinking "Should I just shoot him in the head or allow him to suffer?"

Zain fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Always crazy good on the updates, just gotta parrot I feel like you're trying to sell some of this a little too hard CJacobs.

• Locked thread