Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The games that are like an anti-tower defense where you play as the creeps instead of the person placing the towers sort of qualifies! Those games are pretty rare though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Alien: Isolation kinda fits that, I guess, in that the alien is a single unstoppable monster that adapts to how you choose to deal with it vs. an entire space station's worth of humans. Then you find out there are multiple aliens (many, many multiples of them) and that element goes away somewhat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dead Space 3 is kinda getting there. The wasters transform based on what parts of them you blast off, and there's like five different permutations they can change into depending on where you shoot them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
EVIL TIM YOU ARE A REAL BUMMER, MAN. JESUS CHRIST DUDE.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I will probably be doing a stream of FUBAR DIFFICULTY this weekend. It'll give me and you and any guests I bring along a chance to talk about the game and what works and what doesn't, as I'm dying horribly in 2 shots! Yes, I will be finishing the game. No I probably won't do it in one sitting.

Wiggy Marie posted:

Vaguely on topic: Yager and Deep Silver have parted ways in regards to Dead Island 2. I know this crushes you all.

That is sad news. Reminder that one of the games Deep Silver has actually been the developer behind is Ride to Hell: Retribution (before they passed it off to Eutechnyx). So let's hope they find a new developer.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 18, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm streaming FUBAR mode! God help my poor soul. Come join me so we can have fun chatting about Spec Ops while I die over and over!

Thank you all for joining me! See you tomorrow when we finish the game and then kill ourselves!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 19, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, by the way, in case it wasn't clear I will be posting the FUBAR mode stream in chunks for the many, many people who couldn't be there to see it live (you'll get another chance tonight probably!). It'll have its own place in the table of contents and everything!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think the reason the Radioman put on the schmooze when Walker and co. made it into the room with him is not because Walker was imagining him being a dick, but probably because there were suddenly 3 very angry military men pointing guns at his face. It makes me wonder what he was going to do after letting Walker get his message out; if you look over the intel in the intel vids, the Radioman's initial goal after Dubai was cut off from the world was genuinely to help get the word out, so who knows, if Lugo hadn't killed the crap out of him they might have turned him back to the side of "right", if "right" really means anything by that point in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Someone let me know that the final episode had all of its audio muted completely today and yep it turns out the final video has had its audio muted in all countries. I loving hate Youtube. Give me a bit while I figure out how to get around this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Niggurath posted:

OatmealRaisin's video seems to have the same issue, so it might just be a valid copyright complaint? I can't even remember what music track might be causing the issue.

It wasn't like that earlier when I checked it for reference, but then, neither was my video. It seems they recently stepped it up to the "next level" of anti-claim, which is "mute the whole video", the step before instating an actual legit strike. The complaint itself is by SME for the Jimi Hendrix song that plays over the credits.

And it absolutely is not a valid copyright complaint. First of all there is no way to remove the audio from the credits; the credits are a video file and the music is part of it. I'm pretty sure muting the game doesn't actually mute the credits. I would have to go in in editing and remove the song myself, but even then I don't have to do that because second, the video isn't even for-profit on my part. There is no reason for there to be a copyright claim on the video because nobody is making any money from it, neither me nor them. Also, the song was already licensed by the game so obviously it appearing in footage of the game is authorized, otherwise any footage of Spec Ops anywhere would be breaking the copyright, let's plays, reviews or otherwise.

Either way, the audio is temporarily back while the claim is being disputed. If they reinstate it again, I'll remove the song on the video, download the mp4 with flashget or whatever after the audio is restored, and then rerecord the credits and reupload it. The second time I'll make sure to do some audio trickery to get around their bullshit.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 3, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh, gently caress you.

edit: So, because the video is now blocked worldwide, the audio is back on it because Youtube's systems are loving poo poo, so I'm going to grab it while I can and then remove the claim and the video, then test out a bunch of different ways to gently caress with it and reload it. Does anyone know if removing the claim will remove the strike from my account now that it's actually a real one and not just a claim? Although maybe it isn't a real strike, it says my account is still in good standing on my channel page.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 4, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The final video will be going up on Dailymotion, I'm rendering it out in a way where the audio won't desync for no real reason as I type this.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 4, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The final video is now on Dailymotion. Nothing I've tried was able to get around Youtube's copyright detection, not even the stuff that worked for my other LPs, so it seems this is where it's going to stay. Ah, well.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 5, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am going to be streaming the rest of FUBAR mode in just a few minutes! It will be very hard and I will die many times. Join me and a bunch of other jerks (poorlywrittennovel, faerie fortune, et all) here!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That was a trainwreck, expect videos soon probably

gently caress

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Did CJacobs read Spec Ops fan fiction this time?

no

yes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Then in later chapters it turns into a slice of life romance between Walker and Lugo featuring such things as Lugo doing laundry and Walker making fun of his hairy bush in the shower.

we have fun on these streams

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRnGjnzZiIY

If you want to know more about the spec ops erotica watch my good friend Faerie Fortune's stream of cities skylines that she did, it was fun and chill and we talk more at length about spec ops erotica in it. So yknow, spoilers for the spec ops stream, I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is time for posting the stream. If you didn't watch it when it was live, now is your chance! :buddy:

I am joined by a whole bunch of assholes who come in and out as they please so I won't even account for them screw it.

(wonderful sprites of delta made by my dear friend faerie fortune!)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shei-kun posted:

Jesus Christ that firefight.

How many hours does it take you to get through it?

I get through it at the start of the next video don't worry :sweatdrop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7HRcBc3BA

quote:

Subject exhibits general anxiety or anticipation, but sudden bursts of excitement present when confronted with items of attraction. Subject is inquisitive in regards to the future, questioning the process and what order the steps will fall into place; upon the subject's asking, answers were not given. In time the subject will come to understand that the future is fluid and though things may seem uncertain, such anxieties as the aforementioned are normal.

Subject enjoys cleanliness, "neat" surroundings. Items are organized and categorized and then categorized once more until a state of equilibrium is achieved. Brain activity then ceases almost completely for several hours. These periods of activity come in short bursts; subject is never conscious by normal cognitive standards and never retains much information for an hour or so before and after the low brain wave pattern (see the patient's chart for more details on the matter).

/////&##55 73 69 6e 67 20 65 76 65 72 79 20 6c 61 73 74 20 62 72 65 61 74 68 ###*&&#$#$#//###%%#///n the morning of 08/25, subject awoke screaming - unusual behavior by and large as the subject is relatively calm otherwise. Complained of pain in all extremities, a tightness of the chest, and a pounding headache. Appropriate sedatives were given to lull the subject into a state where they could be closer examined as their mental state brought seemingly uncontrollable physical lashing out.

Upon examination, the subject presented spotty, pus-filled boils along the body, reminiscent of the black death of ancient Europe. Adrenal glands were swollen. Subject's hypothalamus showed no unusual activity and pituitary gland function was normal. Subject was put into emergency sanitary chamber but condition did not improve. After 5 hours of sanitation cycles to remove excess pus from vital organs, subject's organ function ceased. Brain activity continued for several more hours seemingly uninterrupted by the death of its systems (see chart again for order of organ shutdown and notes).

Time of death 08/26, 1:27 a.m.
Subject name %%####///52 75 76 69 6b 20 4c 69 76 65 73 /##&#.
Subject number 51

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

let's kill all of the americans forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ahhhh screw it, here's the rest of it. I am feeling "generous" today.

Thank you all very much for watching. :)

• Locked thread