Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Except it isn't really fine and I long for the day my doctor prescribes me antabuse so I can be free of the curse that afflicts me

quote:

If you tell your doctor you'd like to stop drinking, odds are he's not going to give you a pill. That's too bad, a study says, because there are medications that can help people with drinking problems get off the sauce.

And they're not going to make you sick like Antabuse, a medication used for decades to treat alcoholics that makes them wretchedly ill if they drink.

Instead, these are drugs that address the brain chemistry that gets messed up by alcohol. In an analysis of 122 randomized controlled trials, both acamprosate and naltrexone helped people either quit drinking or cut back substantially.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/05/13/312152578/meds-can-help-problem-drinkers-but-many-doctors-dont-know-that

Try this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

I've tried all the pills besides antabuse.

They just make me want to commit mass murder.

edit: More like think about it a lot, I don;t really want to do it and never would, because harming others for any reason other than self-defense is inherently wrong, which should be innate knowledge to anybody that's not a lunatic.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 6, 2015

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I've tried all the pills besides antabuse.

They just make me want to commit mass murder.

edit: More like think about it a lot, I don;t really want to do it and never would, because harming others for any reason other than self-defense is inherently wrong, which should be innate knowledge to anybody that's not a lunatic.

Really? They don't work? Shame, that.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Too many carbs- you should switch to vodka, op.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I bought a six pack today and I'm going to try to have that be enough without buying more.

lol i'll be at Sheetz by 11 probably picking up a suitcase of PBR

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RaceBannon posted:

I bought a six pack today and I'm going to try to have that be enough without buying more.

lol i'll be at Sheetz by 11 probably picking up a suitcase of PBR

How the gently caress did you find this thread?

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
no because gbs drives you to drink just check out our illustrious wonderment of moderators..

a cop posted:

megan slaw

MELT THE CHEEZ DOBIE!

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

a cop posted:

User...Control Panel?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

RaceBannon posted:

User...Control Panel?

Oh yeah they already posted here. Still one help of a bump..

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Only 4? Drinking beer is never a problem unless you're fat.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Bunch of teetotalers up in this thread. Fif' a night or stay home

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'd go out for shots if anyone was hot

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

exspurt analcyst posted:

I'd go out for shots if anyone was hot

i'd gently caress you but then again we're both dudes and i'd ask you to wash yourself first so

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

bobthedinosaur posted:

Bunch of teetotalers up in this thread. Fif' a night or stay home
A good example of true alcoholism.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
usually a 6 pack of generic beer, and two handles after is my nightly drinks. I never drink though if I have to work or anything, im the definition of a functioning alcoholic and its sad. Plus side is I know this and plan to stop soon. gently caress rehab and whatnot, I've a friend who will watch me and use iv drips to get my hosed body chemistry back into shape. My minds not ready yet, one day though.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

SpeedGem posted:

usually a 6 pack of generic beer, and two handles after is my nightly drinks. I never drink though if I have to work or anything, im the definition of a functioning alcoholic and its sad. Plus side is I know this and plan to stop soon. gently caress rehab and whatnot, I've a friend who will watch me and use iv drips to get my hosed body chemistry back into shape. My minds not ready yet, one day though.

haha uh, mods?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

SpeedGem posted:

and two handles

Are you serious?? I feel sorry for your liver.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
buttsmex

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Killing a 12 pack of busch light like the piece of poo poo white trash I am.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

a dog from hell posted:

Are you serious?? I feel sorry for your liver.

sometimes its more, and yeah my liver probably looks like a screaming cancerous worm prolly.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
brb fnding alcomohol for tha OP (in tha dumpster)

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

SpeedGem posted:

i had to look up what a handle is. so 2 x 1.75L (over 3 litres) of spirits a night + a 6 pack? ..how?

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Lascivious Sloth posted:

i had to look up what a handle is. so 2 x 1.75L (over 3 litres) of spirits a night + a 6 pack? ..how?

seagrams lime gin, shits watered down enough

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

SpeedGem posted:

usually a 6 pack of generic beer, and two handles after is my nightly drinks.

oh whoa, wow

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

The funniest thing about this is, I know I have a problem, but no one else does, and if they do know, ive heard not a peep. Im burning bridges like general sherman, you should go into the tc room sometime. My body is dying i get that, but my mind at 3 pm is like, you should start drinking again.

Worst part about it though, is when im sober im the greatest guy in the world, others are like, youre switch is flicked im not talking to you anymore.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Nice

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

SpeedGem posted:

The funniest thing about this is, I know I have a problem, but no one else does, and if they do know, ive heard not a peep. Im burning bridges like general sherman, you should go into the tc room sometime. My body is dying i get that, but my mind at 3 pm is like, you should start drinking again.

Worst part about it though, is when im sober im the greatest guy in the world, others are like, youre switch is flicked im not talking to you anymore.

have you considered that either, you're 1) in a dead end job that gives you no fulfillment, 2) a dead end relationship, 3) both, and maybe you should find some thing/one that gives you purpose in life instead of waiting until 5pm to start downing drinks until you're passed out?

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Lascivious Sloth posted:

have you considered that either, you're 1) in a dead end job that gives you no fulfillment, 2) a dead end relationship, 3) both, and maybe you should find some thing/one that gives you purpose in life instead of waiting until 5pm to start downing drinks until you're passed out?

Your gonna turn this into an e/n thread but I'll answer you questions. I'm happy at work, I like working it takes the time away from me drinking into making money. I don't do relationships. I would not be a good partner. I want to be alone.

Life is fun because you can shape it to be anything you want. I'm not at the you can shape it anyway you want phase yet.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Also, iv'ebeen arrested for drunk driving twice. I put my keys in a safe these days because you can never trust a drunk, not even yourself. the comnination to the safe comes as a time delayed email.

I want to stop but my mind doesnt.

thats the trick

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Drunk Nerds posted:

Uhhh, I unironically drink 8-12 beers a day plus a couple of shots. The problem isn't how drunk I get, the problem is that I actually don't get drunk at all.
Go back to bitchmadeland, OP.
Ya, this. It's expensive.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
well i managed to just stick with my six pack tonight. this is a victory so far. whether i can manage to sleep or not is another story altogether

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

SpeedGem posted:

Also, iv'ebeen arrested for drunk driving twice. I put my keys in a safe these days because you can never trust a drunk, not even yourself. the comnination to the safe comes as a time delayed email.

I want to stop but my mind doesnt.

thats the trick

you need to get some protips from the drug addicts in the TCC mock thread

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
id honestly like to drink every day but i dont want to get fat as hell

how has your daily drinking affected your weight op ? serious q

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
tea-totally resaonable!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Skilleddk posted:

id honestly like to drink every day but i dont want to get fat as hell

switch to weed, problem solved

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Nigmaetcetera posted:

buttchug everclear erryday
Is this like where the mayans would drink alcohol by having a friend insert a wood tube up their anus and pouring a frothy mixture of alcohol into their intestines?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sanctum posted:

Is this like where the mayans would drink alcohol by having a friend insert a wood tube up their anus and pouring a frothy mixture of alcohol into their intestines?

obviously yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
i can't even get my friends to help me move a couch

• Locked thread