Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What a mouthwatering prospect this could be if the countries and sexes of the players were changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Fox Sports are the loving worst

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

julian assflange posted:

Is this on TV in the UK?

Opener is on BBC 3

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nice of the BBC to spend all week banging on about womens sports and how they need to be marketed better and get far better coverage on tv to then turn around and put all the matches on bbc 3.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

And on fox it's the reanimated corpse of JP Dellacamera

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
*turns to camera*
*folds arms*

Oh, how I've missed you, FIFA player introductions.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I want Gazprom to sponsor me, any ideas?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

LionYeti posted:

And on fox it's the reanimated corpse of JP Dellacamera

Calling Union matches is demoralizing for sure but I don't think it's killed him yet

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I thought there were a bunch of screeching birds in my backyard till I realized it's the players coming through the audio feed.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So did Sepp make it to this World Cup or did he decide the President of FIFA doesn't need to attend the biggest tournament?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't know much about the teams outside of the US but I feel comfortable saying China are poo poo

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
I like that Canadian defender's red hair.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Just heard a Vuvuzela in the stream I am watching, having bad flashbacks to 2010.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
First game in and I am already looking forward to a month of slow motion replays with a line of tar balls being kicked up by a dragging toe.

Good call Sepp and Jerome :thumbsup:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

dogboy posted:

Just heard a Vuvuzela in the stream I am watching, having bad flashbacks to 2010.
The Germans had the right idea; during the last WWC they actually confiscated vuvuzelas at the gate (and, being Germans, gave everyone a receipt so they could collect them again when leaving the stadium).

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Did that just ring off 3 posts? :stare:

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012
Wow was that Chinese Pirlo"??

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

fisting by many posted:

Did that just ring off 3 posts? :stare:

Almost, just dipped below the crossbar.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
They're doing the wave in the crowd.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Come on you smelly worthless Canadians

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I didn't get a screen grab, but it looks like the World Cup ball is a knock off Brazuca, with extra panels to save of costs.

Edit: it could've been just the seams I saw, but I think there were more seams than what I would expect.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Why the gently caress did they sub with 5 minutes left in the first half?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Dirk Pitt posted:

I didn't get a screen grab, but it looks like the World Cup ball is a knock off Brazuca, with extra panels to save of costs.

Edit: it could've been just the seams I saw, but I think there were more seams than what I would expect.

It's similar which is I think standard for the WWC ball, the 2011 ball was a recolored jabulani

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Canadian keeper with their best chance thus far?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lamont Cranston posted:

It's similar which is I think standard for the WWC ball, the 2011 ball was a recolored jabulani

Thanks, this is interesting. Is there a reason they don't use the same World Cup ball?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Turf injuries 1 so far

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Gazprom being a title sponsor will never stop making me laugh. Please let the FBI indict all the bastards.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The fieldturf stuff seems really terrible

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Dirk Pitt posted:

Thanks, this is interesting. Is there a reason they don't use the same World Cup ball?

i'm assuming cash

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The womens fields need to be smaller, they are so much slower and cover less ground and the ball just hangs around too long.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

The womens fields need to be smaller, they are so much slower and cover less ground and the ball just hangs around too long.

the field needs real grass

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

Wait, so you're watching?

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?

African AIDS cum posted:

Canada is not playing very crisply. Not sure why. And China is emulating Japan but they're not as good as them.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ahaha, concussion protocol.
When did american Twitter take over international sports.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Kind of a boring match of foot.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Lladre posted:

Ahaha, concussion protocol.
When did american Twitter take over international sports.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Seems like China is just playing for the draw which doesn't make for interesting viewing.

Katreus
May 31, 2011

You and I both know this is silly, but this is the biggest women's sporting event in the world. Let's try to make the most of it, shall we?
Wow. China is really doing a lot better than I expected though. (Or the Canadians worse?) It might be 2 spots up for grabs actually although given this performance, I don't think either team is going to go far unless they drastically improve over the course of the group stage.

(This might be the most wide open WWC though. I think almost every team, even the top teams, are coming in with some questions.)

Katreus fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 7, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

porkface posted:

Wait, so you're watching?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak