Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

So the Matrix Siblings have made a tv show, and it is about to launch on the netflick.

There are a whole bunch of characters but only eight that actually matter.

Will Gorski, a Chicago cop haunted by an unsolved murder

Riley, an Icelandic DJ with a troubled past that made her run away from her home to London

Capheus, a compassionate Matatu bus driver in Nairobi with a strong sense of justice, who is desperately trying to earn money to buy medicine for his mother dying of the AIDS virus

Sun, a Seoul businesswoman and burgeoning star in the underground kickboxing world, who becomes accused of embezzlement thanks to her brother

Lito, a famous Spaniard actor living in Mexico City who maintains in secret a same-sex relationship with a character named Hernando, out of fear of ruining his career

Kala, a Mumbai pharmacist who is also a believer of God that faces the unfortunate situation of having to marry someone she doesn't love

Wolfgang, a Berlin locksmith and safe-cracker, who has unresolved issues with his father and participates in organized crime

Nomi Marks, a San Francisco trans woman political blogger and hacker, who must have extensive brain surgery to save her life

12 episodes re going to drop any minute now, I feel the test of these rules worked well in the Daredevil thread so unless Deadpool decides otherwise these are the spoiler rules in this thread.

Deadpool posted:

:siren: Netflix Rules Update! :siren:

OK, here's what we're going to try as a test. Some people are not happy with the go-wild aspect of the Netflix threads so we're going to try a different approach. If you have general thoughts on the show that's fine. If you are doing specific reactions to episodes they will go into labeled spoiler tags with the episode you are on or have completed for the first 72 hours. If you haven't gotten to that episode then don't click on the spoiler. This is just a trial for Daredevil and if it doesn't work we'll just go back to the old way from now on. And now an example post:

So far the show is good. I enjoy this show so far through episode 10. It is a fine television program.

1x10
The thing that happens in this episode certainly happened. And how it tied back into what they were saying in episode 3 was definitely a cool thing. I think the villain that appeared in this episode and did the villainy thing was bad. He should be punched by the Daredevil and have to go to jail.

The 1x10 is just the episode you're up to. You can write all about episode four if you want, but if you let something slip that came out later and you forget and it maybe happened in episode six that's why you still put episode 10 and not episode 4. Get it? Hope it works. And if not sorry!

and for anyone just joining us, the 72 hours are over, spoiler tags for season 1 are no longer required but I suppose please use them when discussing news of any future seasons.

BSam fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

From somewhere on facebook it tols me that it's going to be there in about 45 minutes!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

:siren: IT'S HERE, THE ABOVE SPOILER POLICY NOW APPLIES :siren:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

I don't want spoilers, but I do want to know if it's worth watching. Anyone seen any early reviews of it?

Not as yet, but I'm watching already and quite drunk, so my posts over the next few hours will be quite unfiltered.

So far, don't mind it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Astrofig posted:

Is this already on Netflix or soon-to-be?

Already there, has been for about 12 hours now.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

precision posted:

Why isn't the title of this thread "VAN drat"?

Cause I didn't see the show til today. Tossing up between referencing that of the What's Up song.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Deadpool posted:

:siren: Netflix Rules Update! :siren:

OK, here's what we're going to try as a test. Some people are not happy with the go-wild aspect of the Netflix threads so we're going to try a different approach. If you have general thoughts on the show that's fine. If you are doing specific reactions to episodes they will go into labeled spoiler tags with the episode you are on or have completed for the first 72 hours. If you haven't gotten to that episode then don't click on the spoiler. This is just a trial for Daredevil and if it doesn't work we'll just go back to the old way from now on. And now an example post:

So far the show is good. I enjoy this show so far through episode 10. It is a fine television program.

1x10
The thing that happens in this episode certainly happened. And how it tied back into what they were saying in episode 3 was definitely a cool thing. I think the villain that appeared in this episode and did the villainy thing was bad. He should be punched by the Daredevil and have to go to jail.

The 1x10 is just the episode you're up to. You can write all about episode four if you want, but if you let something slip that came out later and you forget and it maybe happened in episode six that's why you still put episode 10 and not episode 4. Get it? Hope it works. And if not sorry!

:siren: 72 hours have passed, spoiler tags for the discussion of season 1 are no longer required. :siren:

and with that, i'm checking out of this thread, see you all in 5 episodes.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I do just want to say that my favourite moment so far is "I can't drive?" "I can!" coupled with Will and Sun helping Nomi just before.

Which if anything makes me look forward to this part so much.

Argue posted:

I liked the incredibly convenient Megaman-style gauntlet of 8 challenges each requiring a particular set of skills that Will had to endure to reach the final boss.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

electricsugar posted:

So I binge watched the first 3 episodes of this show with my friend the other day. I think we can all agree, it's loving terrible, right?

You haven't actually read the thread have you.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

That doesn't change the fact that Nomi's mother is a much better written three dimensional character than Nomi herself in the first couple of episodes.

I could almost see where you were coming from, until this line where you lost me completely.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Crash74 posted:

beep boop just haxored the nsa, give me a back rub honey.
uhh it's like the whole point she is so uncomfortable with mommy being around / mommy knows whats best?

Who turned on the 'adult' rating option on your netflix? Maybe they did it a few years too early.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Crash74 posted:

I think i just became stupider from reading that.

Because that was possible.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I was being sarcastic, it wasn't really possible.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't understand how a list of terrible immoral people in this show somehow doesn't include Actual Criminal and Mass Murderer Wolfgang. I mean, I love Wolfgang, but how are you putting Lito and Capheus and Nomi ahead of him on the "bad people" scale???

I can only assume that someone is trying to unthrone Irish Joe.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Still gotta mentally adjust to New Capheus having the exact opposite facial shape from Old Capheus.

Luckily I'm a big old racist so I won't actually notice they are different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I can't argue with that. Him and his van were great.

Checked Wikipedia and apparently the next season of this is coming back with a Christmas special and then the rest of the episodes early next year.

I'm having trouble picturing a sense8 Christmas special.

• Locked thread