Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

hans solo has a wife and shes black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
lol

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Han solo is hardcore gay.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's RUINING star wars

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Han Solo is black

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Great more SJW token characters. This is just what we need.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Let's get her in that metal bikini yadidamean?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That seems out of character, by the third movie Han Solo was just a nice dude, he'd had all the rogue part of lovable rogue sanded off.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is wrong. The Force is a biological phenomenon. It's also a spiritual phenomenon. These two points of view aren't mutually exclusive. The last arc of TCW makes this explicit. There are two aspects to the Force: the Living Force, and the Cosmic Force. The Living Force and the Cosmic Force are actually just two ways of understanding the single, all-encompassing Force which pervades the universe and binds everything together.

The Living Force is divided into dark and light sides. The Cosmic Force is amoral and requires only that the dark and light sides of the Living Force remain balanced. The Living Force has to do with choice and free will, and the Cosmic Force has to do with prophecy and destiny. The midi-chlorians are the intermediaries which connect the Living Force with the Cosmic Force and allow living organisms to tap into the universe's power.

Anakin is able to bring balance because he was, as Qui-Gon believed, conceived by the midi-chlorians, which exist at the nexus between the Living and the Cosmic. The Jedi Council thought Anakin was created by the Cosmic Force to fulfill a divine prophecy. The Sith thought he was a super-powered science experiment who, as a free agent, could be induced to choose the side of evil--that is, he was fully in the sphere of the Living Force, which provides freedom of choice between light and dark. In Qui-Gon's view, both beliefs were true. Anakin had freedom of choice, but he also had a greater destiny. The flaw in both the Jedi and the Sith's thinking was their inability to see the larger picture, like Qui-Gon was able to.

:goonsay:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

This is wrong. The Force is a biological phenomenon. It's also a spiritual phenomenon. These two points of view aren't mutually exclusive. The last arc of TCW makes this explicit. There are two aspects to the Force: the Living Force, and the Cosmic Force. The Living Force and the Cosmic Force are actually just two ways of understanding the single, all-encompassing Force which pervades the universe and binds everything together.

The Living Force is divided into dark and light sides. The Cosmic Force is amoral and requires only that the dark and light sides of the Living Force remain balanced. The Living Force has to do with choice and free will, and the Cosmic Force has to do with prophecy and destiny. The midi-chlorians are the intermediaries which connect the Living Force with the Cosmic Force and allow living organisms to tap into the universe's power.

Anakin is able to bring balance because he was, as Qui-Gon believed, conceived by the midi-chlorians, which exist at the nexus between the Living and the Cosmic. The Jedi Council thought Anakin was created by the Cosmic Force to fulfill a divine prophecy. The Sith thought he was a super-powered science experiment who, as a free agent, could be induced to choose the side of evil--that is, he was fully in the sphere of the Living Force, which provides freedom of choice between light and dark. In Qui-Gon's view, both beliefs were true. Anakin had freedom of choice, but he also had a greater destiny. The flaw in both the Jedi and the Sith's thinking was their inability to see the larger picture, like Qui-Gon was able to.

:goonsay:

so wait were the midocholorians his mom or did they gently caress his mom

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am han solo are you a Large man? Make love to me, run the kessel of my anus in a parsec.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ruin my rear end in a top hat and einsteins theories in one massive blow stud

naem
May 29, 2011

Midiclorians: space herpes

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
black or some sort of lionfaced alien?

naem
May 29, 2011

Man I banged this chick in mos eisley raw dog and now I'm levitating poo poo, have to take valtrex

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
han shot his load first

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

is that a jedi name you have or what

Are you a sith? you have to tell us if you are that's the law

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Didn't they destroy the Extended Universe and get rid of all this poo poo?

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

I'm gonna gently caress my cock

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

burritolingus posted:

Just to make room for all new poo poo

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

burritolingus posted:

this is new official canon

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You used to be able to pick and choose the stupid EU stuff you wanted to ignore because it was a lower level of canon from the movies and poo poo like that. There was some pretty decent stuff that just ignored the other stupid poo poo. However, since the EU was stopped EVERYTHING being released under the Disney license is officially regarded as canon equivalent with the movies. And I mean literally everything lol. There are going to be movies released that directly tie in to the awful animated tv shows and Marvel brand comics and poo poo.

Star Wars fans who trashed the EU can now reap what they sow fuckers!

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 5, 2015

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Hoooooooooo! She sassy too

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
i didn't know han married a gorgon

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

Drad_Bert posted:

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
oh yeah and comics are gay kids poo poo

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Okay, I only need to know two things:

-Is this the beginning of a plot where Han has to live on the Falcon with 4-5 women who openly hate him but secretly love him?
-What part did she play in stealing the plans for the original Death Star?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Drad_Bert posted:

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHLJfxfXHBg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Flagrant Abuse posted:

i didn't know han married a gorgon

OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST TALK ABOUT MY HAIR

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
my black wife has denied me sex for the last time.

Spooky Forum Ghost
Mar 9, 2015
Good.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's nice to see that even in Star Wars, women are considered less than men.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

That seems out of character, by the third movie Han Solo was just a nice dude, he'd had all the rogue part of lovable rogue sanded off.

Chilling with Teddy Bears on Endor. That is how we left him and I won't hear otherwise.

But he left before the Death Star apocalypse hit the planet cause he is smart.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

han solo is a real man and not an anime book op

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Drad_Bert posted:

No ring, 1/5

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice"
-Han Solo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Han being such a philanderer that he has an effectively abandoned wife kinda works imo

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt4f2H3GDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Oh come on, there's still black people in the future? There's not a single one in the Jetsons.

• Locked thread