Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Sounders lineup for tonight made me cry, but then I looked at the Philly lineup and realized it could always be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Ockford has a beergut

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
I love the communication around the Rapids. The team says they're running a 4-2-3-1 on social media, but Altitude says they're running a 4-4-2. At least they didn't put a backup goalie in as a field player this time on Altitude. Rapids are finally putting O'Neill, Serna, Doyle AND Solignac in at the same time. Frankly I'm not sure what to expect...a draw, probably.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

SeaTard posted:

The Sounders lineup for tonight made me cry, but then I looked at the Philly lineup and realized it could always be worse.

A bunch of nobodies and Marco Pappa. This must be what Chicago felt like a few years back.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The highest paid player on the field for the sounders tonight is Frei at a whopping 150k

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Weather delay in Orlando. Hooray for central Florida summers!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

1-1 after three minutes in Columbus :stare:

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

TheBoyBlunder posted:

I love the communication around the Rapids. The team says they're running a 4-2-3-1 on social media, but Altitude says they're running a 4-4-2. At least they didn't put a backup goalie in as a field player this time on Altitude. Rapids are finally putting O'Neill, Serna, Doyle AND Solignac in at the same time. Frankly I'm not sure what to expect...a draw, probably.

You can expect a weather delay.

e;fb

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Crazy Ted posted:

1-1 after three minutes in Columbus :stare:

wtf is going on in this game, why is our defense such poo poo right now

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Dark clouds is a awesome PS2 game that I loved playing as a kid but having real dark clouds above you under a hour before kick off isn't a good thing here at Toyota Park. There might be some storms later tonight but right now is a nice breezy night with the Fire taking on DC tonight which also happens to be pride night. Last year we got a free pride color Chicago flag but this year we got nothing but a win should be nice.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Shipp on the outside plus Guly at striker makes even scoring a goal extremely unlikely, much less winning.

I may actually be lucky to be stuck at work for this one.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Can't wait for Montréal to beat Toronto on both Saint-Jean-Baptiste day and #RivalryWeek.

:quebec:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Holy what the gently caress how did Columbus kicking the ball into his own head mean the revs get called for a foul

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I know! Let's continually clear the ball directly to the feet of an opposing midfielder!

On the other hand Solignac finally got the ball in a place where he could do something with it. I think that's the first time that's happened for him or Doyle since their acquisition.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Wow, the Rapids are really playing a 4-4-2. About time they switched.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Wow, the Rapids are really playing a 4-4-2. About time they switched.

Word.

Maybe it really was just a cursed mustache. Or he spent so much time grooming it he didn't have time to think about the formation.

loving turf, man.

Riven fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 25, 2015

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God drat, this Seattle team has so little attacking talent when Dempsey and Oba are gone. :-\

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Hot drat, Oyongo. :stare:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

silvergoose posted:

Holy what the gently caress how did Columbus kicking the ball into his own head mean the revs get called for a foul

it was a pretty lolly moment op

i'll take it

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Riven posted:

Word.

Maybe it really was just a cursed mustache. Or he spent so much time grooming it he didn't have time to think about the formation.

loving turf, man.

I'm about 10 minutes behind (this that and the other have gone on) but so far, the Rapids look downright...okay. I'm kind of amazed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
poo poo, Philly did a thing.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

lmfao @ dis

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

TheBoyBlunder posted:

I'm about 10 minutes behind (this that and the other have gone on) but so far, the Rapids look downright...okay. I'm kind of amazed.

I honestly think we were clogging up our own midfield. There's more space to pass and move the ball up now.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Should have been a yellow for that foul on Coria!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can't wait to see our losing streak get extended on Sunday :shepicide:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Riven posted:

I honestly think we were clogging up our own midfield. There's more space to pass and move the ball up now.

Exactly. They have space, they're playing off each other regularly for the first time I've seen this year...it's a pleasant change. Hopefully something can come of this soon. Naturally I say this as Serna and Solignac are on the wrong page and play the ball out for a throw.

Edit:

:aaaaa:

That was too close as Kaka hits the near post and the ball rolls across the goal mouth but doesn't tip in. Phew.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 25, 2015

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Exactly. They have space, they're playing off each other regularly for the first time I've seen this year...it's a pleasant change. Hopefully something can come of this soon. Naturally I say this as Serna and Solignac are on the wrong page and play the ball out for a throw.

Edit:

:aaaaa:

That was too close as Kaka hits the near post and the ball rolls across the goal mouth but doesn't tip in. Phew.

And Kaka scores

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Zero One posted:

And Kaka scores

Well it was a nice start to the game at least. Shame Solignac couldn't do anything with his chance in the first half.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
At the end of 45 it's 0 - 0 for the Fire DC game. We had our moments but couldn't get it right into the net, DC almost had theirs at the end from a fire kick right outside the box but kicked it wide into the crowd. So it seems we might get a bore draw out this but knowing the Fire we'll find a way to mess this up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Abang has been offside more than I've seen any other player in a single match.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Jozy's goal was pretty good

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

i feel you have not met my friend and colleague mr. jairo arrieta

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Marco Fuorigioco Di Vaio only retired this season dude.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

It's pretty bad when the opposition keeper making a small mistake is your best offensive chance of the night. This is just bad.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

At the end of 45 it's 0 - 0 for the Fire DC game. We had our moments but couldn't get it right into the net, DC almost had theirs at the end from a fire kick right outside the box but kicked it wide into the crowd. So it seems we might get a bore draw out this but knowing the Fire we'll find a way to mess this up.

I hope it's better in person, because it's awful on tv. Kennedy needs to work on his touch.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And with that, the Rapids fall to 2-18-9 in 28 league games. This team is bad. Far too conservative on offense, far too timid on defense. :barf:

Interesting...Balboa calling for transfers to get better offensive talent on tv. Nothing will come of it, but it's unusual to hear a Kronke team announcer calling for any sort of change on the air.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Conor loving Doyle

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

After 73min there's finally a goal but its for DC, 0 - 1 DC. Also Magee is in for the Fire.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
CONOR DOYLE IS A MAN NOW. SUP BITCH BABIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

End of the game and the Fire found a way to lose again. A guy who sat right next to me comment that we have guys who likes to pass instead of pulling the trigger and going for the goal. I suppose he's right but each time we try to it miss the net. Anyway Johnson got three saves so we got free milk tonight so that's something at least.

• Locked thread