Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I hate this person the most:
Robert Kiyosaki
Tony Robbins
Myself and the OP
goku and vegeta and other lovely anime guy
View Results

• Locked thread
lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
For example, if you like Robert Kiysosaki and have built a shrine to that turd of a book called 'rich dad poor dad' that he shat out one dark evening, then eat a dick. eat all the dicks ever.

but then there's also the 'ascended' version of morons who gravitate towards this genre - the 'super saiyan' level if you will. they will take you aside at networking events/parties and try to talk to your arse off with how their lives were changed by these books and seminars (that they paid 10s of thousands to attend) and attempt to show you lovely meme-ridden tony robbins videos. i would quite literally rather speak for hours to jehovahs witnesses or fedora-wearing, dick dorkins worshipping atheists than spend a minute with these jerks.

in fact, scratch what i said about eating dicks earlier. if you fall into this category, seriously just loving kill yourself. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Tony Robbins was pretty good in Shawshank Redemption, though.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fHz0jZCMs

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It sounds like you're harboring a lot of anger. Perhaps you'd be interested in reading one of these pamphlets?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas thread, give OP forums cancer, then sell him bogus cancer cure pills and diet book

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Rich dads are like this. Poor dads are like THIS

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
no actually tricking fools of out of their money owns

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Rich dads poor dads ... The really victim here is gay dads

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Rich Dad Tips for investors in the year 2008:
Buy Real Estate!
Buy Real Estate!
Buy Real Estate!
Buy Real Estate!
Buy Real Estate!
Buy Real Estate!

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
My sister was into Tony Robbins and I got dragged along to day 2 of a 3 day seminar because her boyfriend bought 2 tickets but didn't want to go after the first day and they costs thousands of dollars per seat. It was bizarre and truly frightening, I guess because i missed the first day I didnt have all the hypnotic triggers and NLP bullshit that everyone else was implanted with on day one. I felt like I was the only sane person in the room and was reduced to saying mantras to keep the fucker out of my head while the crowd of thousands around me chanted along. He is literally Satan.

edit: best part of the day: in the morning he made every smoker throw their cigarette packets up on stage. Every smoker except me. At lunch I was puffing away with a big poo poo eating grin. So many seething death stares, I've never felt like such a rebel.

monkey fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 5, 2015

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

monkey posted:

edit: best part of the day: in the morning he made every smoker throw their cigarette packets up on stage. Every smoker except me. At lunch I was puffing away with a big poo poo eating grin. So many seething death stares, I've never felt like such a rebel.

god bless you :911: gonna take up smoking in your honour

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
posted, but didn't vote

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

Rich dads poor dads ... The really victim here is gay dads

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

one of my friends got really into this now he makes six figures growing and selling weed

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
And gently caress those people selling nutra whatever.

"why do you drink coffee and redbull ? all that crap in your body ?! You should try these pills I ordered offline from a friend that came from a chinese factory

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What about Napoleon Hill or Stephen Covey?

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

monkey posted:

they costs thousands of dollars per seat.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
What was the deal with Tony Robbins' cameo in Fight Club? I swear to you he's in it, he's the guy who says "Can I be next?" after Brad Pitt and Edward Norton are beating each other up in the parking lot. I've never heard anyone mention it, and there aren't any mentions on Google either. Why was he in that movie? Or am i just insane? I haven't seen it in a while.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

my dad really likes eckhart tolle and when we tell him it makes him no fun and that he is being exploited he gets really hostile and then I feel bad for him :smith:

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

dethkon posted:

What was the deal with Tony Robbins' cameo in Fight Club? I swear to you he's in it, he's the guy who says "Can I be next?" after Brad Pitt and Edward Norton are beating each other up in the parking lot. I've never heard anyone mention it, and there aren't any mentions on Google either. Why was he in that movie? Or am i just insane? I haven't seen it in a while.

tony robbins is like 8 loving feet tall that wasnt him

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Tony Robinson?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu-6H72VA4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEpXiVg04Wo

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Fishy Joe posted:

tony robbins is like 8 loving feet tall that wasnt him

Are you sure? It was a big guy with an even bigger jaw IIRC. Looked just like him.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
A roommate of mine in college was really into him. He showed us a video of one of the seminars where they turned off all the lights and people were wailing.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Rich...Poor...I'm the dad with the gay.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Oh yeah. I was at one of these self-help "rallies" once. I kept looking around at all the people, their faces, their eyes full of hope. I couldnt help but smirk and think "Freakin darwin awards up in here."

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
I used to work at a place that recorded ads for MLM bullshit marketers and every single one of those get-rich-quick-scheme-following bastards idolized Tony Robbins.

also this

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Rich...Poor...I'm the dad with the gay.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Plexiwatt posted:

every single one of those get-rich-quick-scheme-following bastards idolized Tony Robbins.

least unsurprising news of the millennium right here

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this is a loving bewildering thread, like going into a retirement home and yelling "WHOEVER LIKES TWITTER IS GAY"

who did you think you were addressing here op

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Didn't read OP, did read thread title which seems to be telling us to gently caress (put penis into either a woman or a man), if we buy into self help stuff. Not sure what to think of this, seems exclusionary for those of us who want to gently caress but aren't into the whole self help thing.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I saw a Tony Robbins thing as part of another thing about 8 years ago and I thought he was really cool. I wanted to not like him before I went in there but it wasn't possible. Not sure how I would think now but at the time his energy seemed pretty infectious and genuine etc.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also that is definitely *not* Tony Robbins in Fight Club.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpXoB8esIwo

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
whats the deal with rich add poor dad, like why does the guy have two dads.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Digiwizzard posted:

two dads so what.

no, one of them is his stepfather or something.

CytotoxicTrev
Oct 30, 2010

So you see, without my help, they're toast!

Digiwizzard posted:

One of them was just the dad of a close friend he hung out with a lot, and that dad evidently had much more financial savvy than his biological father, so he thought of him as a role model and "second dad." dad rich. so what

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If only I had a rich daddy to teach me important life lessons I could get ahead in life. I mean more than the no debt from college and the under the table no interest loan for my first house which I rent rooms out in and effectively live rent free in until my mid 30s. I mean real financial lessons here. Stuff that matters financially, in the mind.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
The four hour work week guy is the newest version of this bullshit. There's a whole thread in BFC devoted to him.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with

Tautologicus posted:

Also that is definitely *not* Tony Robbins in Fight Club.

I listened to the director commentary when i was 17 and I remember one of them saying it was tony robbins. My uncle had just gave me AWAKENING THE GIANT WITHIN for books-on-cd, so it stuck out. or it was just a fever dream, i sometimes remember weird stuff man I'm getting older..

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dethkon posted:

I listened to the director commentary when i was 17 and I remember one of them saying it was tony robbins. My uncle had just gave me AWAKENING THE GIANT WITHIN for books-on-cd, so it stuck out. or it was just a fever dream, i sometimes remember weird stuff man I'm getting older..

I just went to find a bootleg copy to check for myself when i saw your post and went to that scene..tony robbins is like 6"4 and has a deeper voice than that guy. Also more cartoonishly chiseled features than that guy. But you did make me doubt myself with this post and so i checked google and nothing came up. So i still dont think he was in fight club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

If only I had a rich daddy to teach me important life lessons I could get ahead in life. I mean more than the no debt from college and the under the table no interest loan for my first house which I rent rooms out in and effectively live rent free in until my mid 30s. I mean real financial lessons here. Stuff that matters financially, in the mind.

the dads in the books were fictional, just narrative to create a fake 'rags to riches kid who showed moxie and was given hope by a benevolent captain of industry' story.

even the 'poor dad' in the book was a doctor or something, yeah when i think of poor people, i think 'doctor'.

• Locked thread