Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Sorry for the stupid-posting but I need an informed answer.

Are there any actually fun-to-play scenarios for either game yet? Do they require multiplayer to enjoy? I sandboxed both games to death and am now looking forward to coming back and having some goal-oriented gaming in these engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Please post whatever nice workshop scenarios you find that would be good for the dummy like me who wants to play something goal-oriented. Or should I actually trust the star rating system and not need informed SA opinions on the matter?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's not a chance in hell of them doing that any time soon, because the game would have to render the world once for every instance of an active screen.
I always find it weird that people insist this kind of thing is hard when the Source engine, somehow, made it super simple. HL2 and Portal both had crazy amounts of "camera/monitor" stuff that worked perfectly fine.

• Locked thread