Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Burl Toler Academy - September 1st, 2014

". . . Once again, I hope you feel welcome at Burl Toler. Oh, and our men's basketball team will be . . ." All of you are in the same advisory and another 7 students of other years to make 14. It's a Monday, your "short" day. What they mean of course is that you have all of your classes for 45 minutes. You also have advisory for 20 minutes where you and your advisory meet or they have an assembly. You can see one kid stare at the clock, after advisory is lunch. The school is nestled near the Filmore and Japan town, not that matters to you because only seniors get lunch off campus. "Still," a sophomore tell yous, "She takes us off campus for lunch a whole bunch."

Your adviser, Mrs. Lake, the laid-back English teacher who insists on you calling her by her first name Melissa, is going over school events and notices. She had you arrange the desks in a circle, "So everyone can see everyone". She also mentioned something about the lack of rank in a circle but you tuned it out. You can hear a groan as you see her draw up a seating chart. "I know, I know, I hate it too but my brain isn't what it used to be. I'll only need it for a week or too until I've memorized everyone's name. There are so many of you little otters this year."

pre:
    A    B    C        D    E
1[    ][    ][MEL ][    ][    ]
2[    ]                  [    ]
3[    ]                  [    ]
4[    ]                  [    ]
5  X  [    ] [    ] [    ]  X
Sudents, Tell me about one other student in the class room and place both of you on the chart. (4 letters max, all caps) After that, what do you do?
(Also, deal out your highlights. Give one to the person you have the most strings on. Take one from the person who has the most strings on you. Ties are solved by who has the most strings overall. Or just ask them.)

Game Info chart:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13_cmxB4CQVP9wjdF9doBwms0JkjezRhFS3FXRVGXWu0/edit#gid=0
OOC Thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722325

Schedule Note: (information for information's sake)
Burl Toler uses a block schedule and goes from 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM. On Monday, you have 3 courses lasting 45 minutes each. 20 Minutes for advisory followed by lunch. Then 4 classes 45 minutes each afterwards. The days follow are 2 classes for an hour and a half, lunch, 2 classes. The day after is 3 classes, advisory and lunch. It alternates from there.
Your schedule is composed of Mathematics (per-algebra, algebra, or geometry), Humanities (a mix of social studies and English), general science (a prep course of sorts for the future science classes), Spanish (self-explanatory), "9th Grade Seminar" (It serves as combination of Health, sex-ed, psychology and general school tips; The older students groan if/when you bring it up), Physical Education and an arts elective (since you're in 9th grade it's either Drama or Visual art)

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

pre:
1[    ][    ][MEL ][    ][    ]
3[    ]                  [    ]
4[    ]                  [HOPE]
5  X  [JACB] [    ] [    ]  X
Jacob is a big jock who's going to try out for the JV football team, and in all honesty, he's going to make first string without a problem. He's kind of an rear end in a top hat too... Calls everyone he doesn't like a fag, bullies people smaller than him (I.E. everyone). Pretty much a standard jock.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 0/5 Conditions:

This morning was just shaping up to be awful. I was already in a bad mood because the bus was late from the park, and that meant I wasn't able to get breakfast. My stomach grumbled loudly, and I'm sure both of the people next to me heard it. Still! It wasn't all bad. The tryouts for the play were today! I was really looking forward to that. I... don't remember what the play is, but that's not important. Just the idea of having everyone watching me on stage gives me goosebumps!

Just gotta stay positive!

quote:

Skin: Fae

Hot: +2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: +1

Looks: Girlish, mesmerizing eyes
Origin Fae Born

Moves

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:

they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience. Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 6, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
pre:
1[    ][SARA][MEL ][    ][    ]
3[    ]                  [EVE]
5  X  [JACB] [    ] [    ]  X
Sara - Total teacher's pet, always tries to make sure she gets to sit right next to them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions:

Okay, it's a new day, I've got some new clothes, and I'm sitting right next to Hope. All right Eve, you can do this. I turn to look at her, and slide my sunglasses down.

"Hey Hope, how's it going?" Wow, I actually pulled it off! Then her stomach growls really loudly, which I try to pretend I didn't hear.

Turn Hope On: 2d6-1 9

Self/Promise/String

Marking XP for rolling Hot

quote:

Look: Vicious, empty eyes
Origin: Chosen

Stats:

Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1

Moves:

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Power: The Emissary

Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. • On a 7-9, add to your list of options: they lose 1 String on you.

Bare Your Fangs
While you are your Darkest Self, you may use Volatile instead of Cold to shut someone down or hold steady.

Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Bargains

Elsewise Power
You can give the dark power a String to use a move you don’t have, just this once. This move can come from any playbook.

Uncanny Voices
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

Numbing It Out
You can give the dark power a String in order to remove a Condition or up to two harm.

Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move

When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self:

You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Advances

Take a move from another Skin (Bare Your Fangs, Werewolf)
Add 1 to Hot
Take the remaining Bargains
Take a move from another Skin (Primal Dominance, Werewolf,)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 11, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
pre:
1[    ][SARA][MEL ][    ][    ]
2[DAN ]                  [    ]
5  X  [JACB] [    ] [CALY]  X
Dan is what people call a 'nerd', he has these glass things...uhm...glasses? That's weird. Those on his face. And he's always reading little paper books with pictures all over them.

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Conditions:

I'm not really happy that Eve gets to sit on the other side of Hope, but I can't say anything bad about Eve to Hope. I feel really frustrated about it, like I could just...throw a punch or something. But that wouldn't work because uhm, human bodies are all...clumsy and stuff. I did laugh as Hope's stomach growled though. "Wow, Hope, you ready for lunch already? Or did you miss..uhm...break...fast?" The orphanage never served anything really great but it was filling, kind of. Still, I missed fresh stuff. Maybe I'd head to the fish market after class because it was a short day. Oh, maybe Hope or Serenity would want to come with me? Shelly definitely would but she's not in this classroom so I'd have to ask her later!

I kept dividing my attention between my friends and my homeworks - I understand it mostly but the literature stuff was weird and I wasn't sure what to do about the art elective and the uh, guidance councilor Miss Nichols keeps telling me I have to pick either Visual Art or Drama, and I didn't know what was better? Physical Education was pretty ok, I was pretty good at like, running laps and stuff. Math and science was pretty easy, because duh, everyone knew how to do that stuff, right? So it was the literature stuff that was tripping me up. I could read fine but I didn't get why people made up these stories about things that hadn't happened? Still, I ddin't really know who to ask - maybe Aaron after school again, he could usually give me answers.

quote:

Name: Cally Seaward
Skin: The Selkie
Origin: curious about the human form
Look: mussed, deep eyes

Stats
Hot: 0
Cold: +1
Dark: +1

Pelt Held By: Eve Austin

Moves

Outer Skin
When you wear your pelt you look like a seal. Without it, you can swim like a human, but with it you can breathe underwater and swim like the dickens, and, if you want to, return to The Deep Kingdom. If you do return there, it’s for good, so make a new character.

Their Word
People can steal your pelt, but never destroy it. When someone withholds your pelt and demands that you do something for them before they’ll give it back, add 1 to rolls you make in pursuit of that task. If they don’t return your pelt, take a String on them, and they'll give you another task.

Ocean’s Breath
When you feel homesick, roll with cold. On a 10 up, choose one for the MC to detail:
- the ocean brings forth something that it thinks will make you feel better,
- the ocean takes away something that it thinks is bothering you.
On a 7-9, choose as above, but the ocean doesn’t understand the human world very well and causes serious or unexplainable damage in the process.

Siren Song
When you’re soaking wet, you can sing a haunting song and roll with cold.
On a 10 up, all who hear it stumble entranced toward you, though a character that takes harm will stop suddenly and gain the Condition dazed.
• On a 7-9, all who hear it stumble entranced toward you until they would face harm or physical danger, and then they choose:
- press forward and take the harm,
- or stop suddenly and gain the Condition dazed.

Salt
Whenever your tears mix with water, roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose someone you want to see. They show up, with or without reason. On a 7-9 they still do, but they have the Condition drained and they bring trouble with them.

Growing Pains
When you fail to protect your friends, mark experience.

Mimicry
Whenever someone uses a Skin move on you, roll with dark. On a 7 up, temporarily gain that move, losing it again after the first time you use it. On a 10 up, you may instead choose to permanently replace a Skin move you have with this new move.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, it counts as submerging yourself in water. Since all oceans tell you their secrets, gain a String on someone else they’ve had sex with.

Darkest Self
People have mistreated you and made you an outcast here. It’s time to show them how it feels to be lost at sea, to be apart from the things you have loved, to have parts of your identity stolen from you. So you will flood the Earth. You will destroy what they cherish. And you will take their pelts. You escape your Darkest Self when this place reminds you of home, or when you recognize what you came here for.

Backstory
You’ve seen someone swimming, but they either didn’t see or didn’t recognize you. Gain a String on them.

Someone stole your pelt, withholding it from you to make you their errand boy. They said they'll give it back. Each gain a String on one another, and they say the first task they've given you.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 8, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

pre:
1[    ][SARA][MEL ][    ][DANS]
2[DAN ]                  [WNDY]
Daniel S (not to be confused with the other Dan) is also a nerd, although more of the laced-up good-grades Mormon sort. Probably a complete bore, possibly gay. Can't ever tell.

Hot 1, Cold 0, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

My first thought upon getting to school today was that you Americans really know how to screw with a schedule. Seriously, is there a chart for this? Why can't we just go to the same classes every day? Mother Mary. At least you do forms sort of properly. Mom and I went shopping just a week ago; I'm wearing my first casual clothes to school: boot-cut "curvy" jeans, a fresh pair of chucks, and my cute All Time Low shirt. I almost went with my Doctor Who Experience shirt, but I'm glad I didn't right about now.

Naturally, I'm stuck between a nerd and a weird girl. I'm about to say something to the girl, but she turns to the redhead next to her and chats her up. Of course it's a redhead. Americans have some sort of love affair with gingers. I'm from the land of ging and I can tell you, those girls are a heap a'trouble. For now, I eye the room, making it from desk to desk, until I land on the hunky monkey. It's his eyes, really; they're...they're...fierce. Animalistic, almost. Jesus Christ, Wendy, you're staring. He probably thinks you're a creep now. Stare at your desk. Wait, no, now you look obvious. Yeah, just lean back, all relaxed and-don't fall out of your chair!

Clearly, I am really bad at this.

quote:

Wendy MacLain, Mortal

Wendy's the new kid in town. Her eyes are deeply expressive in a way that only a human can be. She's displaced from her home, so her confidence always comes across as a little awkward - because it is.

Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Dark: 1

Lover: Hope Regina

Moves

True Love

You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s heart or fancy.

Down the Rabbit Hole

When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a String on you, and you mark experience.

Excuses Are My Armour

When you ignore some blatant problem with your lover or how they treat you, mark experience.

Unashamed

You can give someone a String on you to add 3 to your attempt to turn them on.

Mess With Me, Mess With Her

When you use your lover’s name as a threat, add 2 to your roll to shut someone down or hold steady. Your lover gains a String on you.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, trigger their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self

Nobody understands you, or even wants to. They’d rather you disappear. Well, you’re not going to disappear. You’re going to make life a living hell for them. You’ll betray the wicked to the judges, the weak to the executioners. You’ll pit humans and supernaturals against one another, until everyone looks like monsters. Only seeing the pain that you’re causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Advancement

Take another Mortal move.
Take another Mortal move.
Take a move from another skin.
Add 1 to Hot.
Add 1 to Cold.
Add 1 to Volatile.
Add 1 to Dark.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

pre:
1[    ][SARA][MEL ][CRYS][DANS]
2[DAN ]                  [WNDY]
4[FRAN]                  [HOPE]
5  X  [JACB] [    ] [CALY] X
Crystal spends way too much time on the internet and thinks she's a fairy, or something. She's gone and sat right next to 'Melissa' because she's one of the few teachers that will put up with her.

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Man, today is gonna be a good day. I can feel it. I didn't even bother reading my cards this morning, that's how sure I am. I was out of the house before Grandfather could come down from the library, nice and early so I could take a good long walk to school, rather than the bus. English is the first class, which is great. Nothing like easing into the day slowly. With any other teacher, sitting in a circle would put a disappointing damper on any potential shenanigans, but Mrs Lake Melissa couldn't care less. I sit myself down next to Jacob, and give him a wave and a grin. That'll put the prick off-balance. If I'm lucky, he'll get up and move, and be really obvious about it.

I cast a quick look around. Eve's talking to Hope, and the redhead hasn't run away yet, so... wow, maybe she's actually getting somewhere. Neat. That shy blonde girl, Cally, looks a bit put out though... is she into Hope as well? This might be fun to watch. And next to Eve is Wendy, who's just... staring, straight at Zack. Huh. And now she's totally trying to look away and hide it, trying to lean away casually... amazing. I tilt my chair back and lean over to Zack.

"Yo Zachary, the British chick is totally checking you out. What you gonna do, big guy?"

quote:

Name: Franklin Giordano
Skin: The Witch
Look: Lithe, smirking eyes
Origin: Gifted

Stats: Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Moves:
Sympathetic Tokens: You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.
Hex-Casting: You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one: the casting does you 1 harm; the Hex has unexpected side effects; trigger your Darkest Self.
Bide My Time:
If you’ve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.
Disaffected:
When you turn someone on, roll with cold. As per discussion with BClip, this is optional and context-dependent.
Negatives:
When you really, really want specific evidence of yourself to disappear, be it a physical object or something from the memory of someone with no
Strings on you, roll with dark. On a 10 up, it happens. Those tracks are gone. On a 7-9 the evidence or memory is gone, but the pieces don't all add up: a mystery remains.

Hexes:
Binding: The person cannot physically harm others.
Illusions: Pick one: snakes and bugs, demonic visages, false prophecies, non-existent subtext. The hexed sees that thing everywhere. You have no control over the exact images or manifestations.

Sex Move:
After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

Darkest Self:
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 9, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
pre:
1[ NATE][SARA][MEL ][ ][DANS]
2[DAN]                  [WNDY]
3[ZACK]                  [EVE]
4[FRAN]                  [HOPE]
Nathan is a kid who just can't take anything seriously. Hell the only reason why he is sitting so close to the teacher is so that is harder for her to see him messing around.

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1

Hearing Melissa call us little otters made me want to wretch. Just how old does she think we are? 7? I much rather get told to watch out because we are fresh meat then get treated like some drat lower schoolers. Taking a quick breath I push my hand into my bag in an attempt to find my trust stress toy, but it is only too late that I remember that I lost it. At that it was all I could do to not growl and instead focused on grinding my teeth together before jamming my hand back into my pockets as I looked around the room.

For the most part I am fine with those in my group. A too few many people who seem to have no idea about what is going on but that really doesn't matter as thankfully Frank was sitting next to me. It always made it a lot easier to deal with some of the more stupid stuff that had come up with the school. There was also Eve but that just made things more complicated. I don't have an issue with her it just seems as though she is dealing with some stuff and I am kind of worried how that will all come out. Before I could think about that much more I saw Wendy begin to pointedly stare at me. We had only talked a couple times in class at most so there is no way I have done anything to get her pissed off at me. Hell, she is new to the whole country, let alone the state so unless she heard of some of the stuff that happened back at my old school then I have no idea what the issue is. At this point I hear Frank mutter about her checking me out and it was all I could do not to laugh.

"You are so full of poo poo Frank." I chuckle softly as I shake my head. "I would bet 5 dollars that she just heard one of my more talked about exploits and is trying to figure out how nervous she should be." I whisper quietly as I take my hand out of my bag. Hoping to prove him wrong I decide to flash her a smile to prove to him that she was not staring at me but obviously I was still rattled by not having my security ball and instead I ended up scowling at her.

Turn On Wendy: 2d6+1 4

quote:

Name: Zack Morrissey
Skin: Werewolf
Looks: Primal, Fierce Eyes
Origin: Bitten
Stats: Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Moves:

Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

Bare Your Fangs
While you are your Darkest Self, you may use Volatile instead of Cold to shut someone down or hold steady.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of your breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self:
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 8, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 0/5 Conditions:

I look over at Cally and grumble, but I'm not really annoyed or anything. I say, "Yeah, to both of those. I'm pretty hungry. A shame we can't eat in class. Still don't see why not..." Last time I tried that, even Melissa wasn't laid back enough for that. I ended up getting some punishwork to do. I didn't mind though. I dropped it off with some sprites at the start of the night and it was done by the time I came back to head to school. Sprites love repetitive tasks, you see.

Then I look back to Eve. She's always trying way too hard to be cool, but with the sunglasses, she's landing firmly in "cute." As I turn to look at her, my hair hides half my face for a moment, only showing an eye peeking over my red hair. As I finish turning to look at her, the rest of it slides out of the way, and I tell her about my morning, "Well, I've had better starts. Went to visit some family overnight and I ended up missing the bus, which means I missed breakfast too." I give her a winsome smile, adding, "Still, lunch isn't that far away. We should all get lunch together!" I turn back to Cally and ask, "Sound good?"

Turn on Eve: 2d6+2 5
You're killin' me Orokos.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 6, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions:

"Yeah that sucks, but-" The moment seems right to invite her to lunch, when she turns around and invites Cally! Goddammit! Okay, no problem, I can still make this work.

"Well, hey we might be getting lunch with Melissa, heard she's pretty cool about it. But if not, or later, maybe you and me could get something? I wouldn't mind paying for it." Yup, just me and Hope. The two of us. Not you, Cally. My eyes briefly flicker over to her, hopefully it gets through her thick skull.

Shut Cally Down: 2d6-1 2
Marking XP for rolling Cold

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Conditions:

Oh, Hope invited everyone to lunch! That's great, Hope's a nice girl, she's always thinking about other people. I offer her a big warm smile, maybe a bit less big than it could be because she invited Eve too.

Then Eve mentions something about getting food later too, and she gives me a big staring look. I...I guess she wants me to come too, so I can maybe make sure she and Hope get along? I guess they'll be better friends that way.

"Oh...okay Hope, and Eve! We can do both! Maybe we can invite Serenity, too! I mean, for the first part at least." I offer Eve a big wink, like I've seen in some of the television programs that they show at the orphanage. It means 'I understand what you're getting at, friend'. Eve wasn't really my friend but I think I got what she meant so I wanted her to know I was still working on it for her.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1,Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

What

are - are you loving kidding me Cally are you doing this on purpose?! Why would you invite someone whose going to stink up the whole restaurant aaaaarrrgghhh

Wait! Okay, so what if it's like a double date? Me and Hope together, and Dipshit and Weedstink with each other. All right, good. Had to alter my plan somewhat, but it's fine. Didn't even need Em's help!

~Ha! See! Things worked out fine!~

I can hear him sighing, but whatever. Looks like we can't go to a really good restaurant thanks to Serendipity, but I can probably find something acceptable. Honestly, I wouldn't really mind if they got kicked out but Hope would.

"So what kind of food do you guys like? I know several places we could go to."

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Put Off

Oh, Christ he noticed. He's frowning at me! And he said something to his friend there. They're probably talking about how weird I am. poo poo. Okay, play this cool. Give him a frown back. Maybe add a little confused, like "why they hell are you looking at me?" Let him know who's boss.

Shut Someone Down: 2d6 6 Spending a string to make that a 7. Giving him the Condition: Embarrassed. Hunt11, you owe Wendy a Condition.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 6, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Oh man, this is great. It's like watching cavemen communicate. Woman like Zack. Zack confused. Zack think woman not like Zack. Woman scared of Zack. Smile at woman. Smile actually terrifying scowl. Why woman not smile back?

I catch Wendy's eye, point from her to Zack, then do my very best bug-eyed, slack-jawed staring face. I make my hands into a heart shape. You're not fooling anyone, MacLain.

Shut Down Wendy
(5:03:52 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(5:03:52 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 8 +1 = 9
We lose a string on each other. As per the author, this is apparently possible even if I don't have a string on her. If people are unhappy with this, I can change it to conditions. Marking xp for Cold.

Gato fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 6, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

Seeing Wendy stare back at me with that what 'what are you looking at' expression just made the entire thing too much to deal with. With Frank gesturing off in the background I let my face hit the desk in an attempt to cover up my face. Of course that will do no good, there is no way the entire class hasn't seen that little stare off. God right now all I hope is the class ends soon for I doubt I will be able to keep this up much longer if it ends up feeling this awkward.

"You really do seem to be enjoying yourself." I muttered softly at Frank as I continued to examine the desk from an up close perspective.

Wendy gets the condition put off

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My girl Ursula has all the same classes as me. Which is good for our study meets. She doesn't like to talk to me at school much though. She's always getting uptight bout rules and stuff.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions

"What, like go out and eat during lunch? We even have time for that? You know how they like to give us gruff for being late to anything." I'm laying over my desk with my arms hanging off. "Man, and I just figured out a place we could all hang with some privacy during lunch. Still working on a section of beach that isn't mobbed. Funny thing is, it only ever seems to be a problem when you two come." I scratch my cheek and wonder about the problem. It was far out I had two classmates that liked to chill out proper like me but my place was like the only place we'd be able to. There's gotta be somewhere in the city a person can enjoy the breeze without catching gruff for it.

"I guess you could chill with us too Eve. If you can even relax. Guess I could show the spot tomorrow."

shut down on eve 9 giving her the condition buzzkill and taking a condition

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill

For a second I just stare at Serenity. What the gently caress? I'm trying to impress Hope here you loving smelly rear end. And you and Cally are getting in my goddamn way. gently caress this.

"Yeah, well, maybe you should stop being a lazy piece of poo poo!"

Giving back the condition Lazy

I quickly get up, stride over to her desk, kick her chair over, and send her crashing to the floor.

Lash Out At Serenity: 2d6+2 9
Serenity takes 1 Harm, and loses a String she has on Eve

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 1/4 Experience 1/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

Ow. I don't even realize what happened until it's over. I rub the bruise on my head and glare at Eve. What is her problem? I feel my hand curl into a fist. But I just take a deep breath and let it go. Predators are just on the food chain, she'll get hers. I just gte back into my seat. I have nothing to say to people like her.

"I brown bagged it, so pass on lunch out." I try not to glare at Hope but I can't help look at her any other way with how I'm feeling right now.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/4 Conditions: Terrified

Wow, that was really mean of Eve, no wonder I didn't like her. I should go over there and give her a piece of my mind!

Holding Steady to prevent defending Serenity

<LifeGetsWorser_> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser_, 7+1 = 8
<LifeGetsWorser_> okiedokie

I'll become Terrified and I'll ask a question, one second

B-but Eve has my pelt! And if I did something like hit her then she'd never give it back to me! So I just bit my tongue and sat there, in a huff. I wondered how I could get Hope to even agree to be friends with Eve after that move? Because that was REALLY mean. People here are mean. Eve's terrible.

I turn to Serenity and offer her a small smile. "Y..you ok Ren? Can I get you anything? Would it be better if I just came to lunch with you?" I didn't want to upset Eve any but she was never nice to me either, anyway. So it probably would work better if I just stayed out of whatever she was doing. I reached out and squeezed Serenity's wrist supportively with my hand. "Maybe we could go to the beach later or something?"

Accidentally turning on Serenity with my KINDNESS

<LifeGetsWorser_> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser_, 9 = 9

Serenity can pick to give herself, make a promise, or give Cally a string

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 1/5 Conditions:

I'm considering Eve's offer when the other two come up with even better ideas! I start nodding and grinning at Serenity's suggestion when an angry Eve kicks the chair out from under her. That's... That's really mean!

Confused and angry, I look over at Eve and say, "What was that for? What kind of jerk just kicks a chair out from under someone?"

I turn to Serenity help her up while saying and say, "I think eating with you would be a great idea." I do wrinkle my nose a little at the smell, though. It's... a little strong, to say the least.

Shut down the buzzkill: 2d6 4
Oh dear...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

"I'll be cool. It's okay." I can't help but grin. I'm stoked my buddies have my back. "The beach after school sounds radical, Cally." Cally loves the water, it's probably more a suggestion more for her than me. But I'm chill with it. I like hanging out with her anyway.

"Are you in, Hope?" I smile, the more the merrier after all.

Turn on, spending string6(7)

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve - After Hope moves to help Serenity, you hear the Emissary 'tut tut'-ing you. "It's always violence with you. The fastest way to a girl is through her friends and you just kicked the chair out from under one of her friends." Luckily, the teacher doesn't seem to care. She's too entranced with Crystal's story about her dream or whatever. What do you do?

Franklin - Jacob is confused by your over-friendly attitude. He groans and calls you a fag under his breath and starts playing with his phone. The commotion on the right side of the room is capturing everyone's attention but the teachers. There's also the back and forth between Wendy, Zack and you. What do you do?

Serenity - As you get knocked down, you hear Nathan yell "CATFIGHT! BEAT HER rear end WEED GIRL!" He lets out a loud "Aw" when you stay on the floor. As Cally and Hope dust you off, you notice Ursula standing a few paces back. Ursula is looking at Cally caressing your hand and at the look you're giving Hope. She has a look on her face as she turns and heads back to her seat. What do you do?

Cally - You remember a conversation you had with Aaron where he talking about his maybe girlfriend, Selena. He had gotten in a fight with her brother. He didn't say about what but Selena was upset with him. They didn't talk, he says, until he made a point to come over and apologize to him in front of Selena.

You notice Ursula staring at you before heading back to her seat. What do you do?

Wendy - Well, you gone and forced Zach to hide his head on the table and ignore you. Even worse, Frank is taunting you about it. What do you do?

Hope - One of the boys wolf-whistle. Ursula makes a face at you as she turns around. What do you?

Zack - That sure is a desk. You can feel your wolf growl at you. Were you really put in your place by a girl looking at you? What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 7, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

It has been a while since I have felt this off, this frustrated. In the old days I would have been tempted to just get out of the class and wait it out to see what happened but no I would hide like that now. Instead I began to peer deep into myself, hoping to pretend on my more primal instincts to find the answer I am looking for, but either I dug down to deep or I was just not prepared for all this because when I did so I ended up finding something that I was not at all prepared for.

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6-1 1 Gain 1 exp for using highlighted stat

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ugggh...goddammit, Em's right. Great. Now Hope is angry with me. poo poo, I can fix this. Or wait, I have Cally to fix this for me. Yeah, okay. I'll just talk to her alone after class, make sure she can help me spin this situation to Hope. I sit back down in my seat as the other three talk and seem all excited about getting together and poo poo. While they're busy, I quickly type send out some texts.

Text to Cally posted:

hey
meet me after class
need to talk

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ursula was giving me a weird look, I wasn't sure why exactly, but, I waved and smiled back. Maybe Ursula wanted to talk, too? That'd be cool. I'm getting a lot of friends nowadays.

"Yay, I am totally down for it after school Ren, for sure!" I kind of gave her a hug. She did kind of have a scent to her, yeah, but so what? Lots of girls at the orphanage sprayed themselves with bottles of plant smells so I assume Serenity was doing something similar. Per Fumes, something like that.

Oh, my phone started moving. I had a really old pre-paid phone that Shelly got me, she said it was a hand-me-down, but I'm a little taller than Shelly so she handed it up to me. Still it was nice of her to get it for me.

I pulled it out and looked at it. Uh, oh a message from Eve. But I read it, and I looked up and nodded at her, my eyes wide.

I could tell her the thing I thought about Aaron explaining to me after class, I guess.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 10, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Put Off

Wendy has never properly been in this situation. In her old schools, she'd known the same people all the way from primary; reading them was easy. Here, with new clothes and a new school and a new boy, it was all falling out from under her. The room had already descended into a chaos unheard of in her education up until now, and so Wendy decides it's time to check out. She goes to stand up, but inside of two seconds she's tangled up on the floor in a pathetic mess, blood dripping from her lip and tears from her eyes.

Run Away: 2d6-1 4 Mark XP

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Still not looking at Eve, I say to Serenity with a grin, "Yeah, I love the beach. I'll have to go home and get some clothes for it though." I'm about to ask if I should bring anything else when Wendy comes crashing into me. We're all tangled up, and I can see she's really upset! I look around and see that no one's really paying attention to her. Wow, that's really gotta suck!

I disentangle myself, but I end up rubbing up against her a good bit. Ah well, kinda hard to not do that, tangled as we are. I help her up and out of the classroom, saying, "Oh, you're hurt! Come on, let's go to the bathroom and get you cleaned up." I give an apologetic shrug to the other two and say, "I'll catch up with you later!"

Turn on the put off girl: 2d6+3 9
Promise me something I want!!!, give self, or string.
Whatever you want, though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

Hope's in for chilling after school but then she has a nasty spill with Wendy before I can answer back. Man this is some tough luck, I thought I felt some bad vibes when I woke up today. All this getting hurt is harshing my mood. That's when I noticed Ursula looking at us like she wants something. Maybe she feels left out. i wave and say, "You've invited too if you want."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Zack - You close your eyes and think back to the coward you once were. How easily you bent to others' wills. Even your encounter introduced you to the wolf happened because you were submissive. And even after all this time, you are still so easily made subject. The wolf does not like that. Your body feels like it does when you transform and the urge to howl grows inside you. Your nails and teeth sharpen, your mind is addled on adrenaline and anyone looking at your eyes would see amber. There's a loud noise and the scent of Wendy's blood in the air. You see her on the ground. The transformation stops there. She's already weak, the wolf doesn't need to waste energy going further. You're given back control but you get the feeling that if you don't appease the wolf in some sort of way, things could get ugly. What do you do?

Wendy - You're lying on the floor with a busted lip, it hurts but your pride is hurt more. You can feel people staring at you. "That dumb bitch loving ate it." You hear Jacob say across the room. What do you do?
Take 1 Damage

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 7, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

I don't even know the name of this girl, but she's picking me up and telling me everything's going to be all right. What's more, she's ignoring all of these people for me. We rush out of the room, her arm around me. She tells me her name is Hope as we head into the bathroom. My blood drips onto her fingers as she wets a paper towel. I can feel her breath on my face and neck as she blots my lip. Her thin body is close. I've never had this sort of moment.

Abruptly, I clear my throat. "So..." My voice is an octave higher than normal and I'm somehow back in my lowland: "Ye 'n ah 'ave Drahma toehther, na?" I stop for a moment, composing myself and returning to my usual lilt. "I just...I know we are both new here and I don't know if...if you'd be looking for a partner or something. You know. For the class. And things."

Whatever I'm feeling now, it's not put off. I find my hand on the side of Hope's face. We're inches apart, eyes level, and she's smiling at me. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Turn Hope On: 2d6+1 5 Mark XP. Passing this disaster to Hope to narrate.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

At first I was grateful that Wendy had rushed out of the class with Hope. It had allowed the wolf within me to calm down enough that I didn't lose myself right in the middle of school. Of course this was replaced with a burning desire to lash out, to prove that anyone who wants to mess with me, who wants to treat me like the weak rear end I once was will suffer for it. These feelings where only heightened by the smell of blood in the air, causing my entire body to start pumping pure energy through my body as I looked up at Jacob. I couldn't care less about what he was saying about Wendy, all I wanted to do was to yell at something, to make somebody else back down for once and I had the perfect rear end in a top hat right by me.

"If you don't want to join her on the floor right now Jacob why don't you just shut the hell up!" Really not the best thing to say to a jock if I wanted him to back down, but I just couldn't care less. Hell I would welcome it if he took a swing at me as then I could just lay into him without any concerns about the repercussions.

Shut Down Jacob: 2d6-1 2Get one exp from using cold

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 8, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Well, there goes Hope out of the classroom. With that new girl, Wendy. I'm sure it's fine. I'll just sit here with my phone. And talk to. Uh...well, I've got apps and poo poo. I could pass the time.

I look over, and Serenity is busy talking to Ursula. Hey, if Hope's out and Cally's free...I try to subtly motion to her to come over and talk. Why wait when I could get this situation fixed right now? Hopefully she gets the hint.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh no Eve wanted to talk now!? I mean, I know Hope and Wendy left class but that doesn't mean class is over, does it? No one else had gotten up but it did sound like some of the boys were getting antsy.

I frown, then squeeze Ren's shoulder and slide over into Hope's desk for a moment. I narrow my eyes. "You need to apologize to Serenity." I whisper, maybe more angrily than I intended to but this was frustrating and it wasn't going to work if Eve just didn't listen. "With Hope here, you need to apologize to Serenity and mean it!" Ok so I was kind of growling - but I was seriously fed up with Eve's antics this morning, especially after she hurt Ren! I just couldn't let that go.

Shutting down Eve, tagging Buzzkill

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+2 = 9

We can lose our strings on each other.

After a second I kind of calmed myself. "Ok, I'm sorry, sorry I snapped." I whispered more calmly. "What...what did you want to say?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Awwww, she's sooo cute! It actually takes me a second to notice that she slipped into some other dialect. Fae just kinda get language, after all. I think the dialect was... Irish? That's what's they call it on TV, anyway. Still, she seems a little embarrassed by it, so I don't bring it up.

I grin and say, "All right then, Partner. It's a deal. We'll help each other when we need it, ok? Promise!" I add, giving her a tight hug, "I'm glad people here are so nice!" Still holding her, I think back to Eve and say, "Well, ...mostly, anyway. But still." Then I slowly bring my hands down to my side as I frown and say, "What were you running from, anyway?"

I'll take the promise, and you can have an XP! Also, sexy first aid heals your harm.
Turn on: 2d6+2 11
Hugs! And a String!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Woah. Holy poo poo, did Cally just grow a backbone there? This isn't how it's supposed to go! No, gently caress it, I have her stupid pelt thing. I'm in charge.

Shut Cally Down: 2d6-1 6

"She started it" I mutter.

What

no Eve that was the WORST way to put it

gently caress

I clear my throat. "I-I mean, fine. I will, if you think that's what will help," I whisper back. "But why did you invite yourself and Serenity along? You're supposed to help me get her to like me and we were almost going to possibly have a date and then what the gently caress Cally?"

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Zack - Jacob chuckles and says to Frank, "You hear something? Like an annoying gay squeak." He completely ignores you. What do you do?
*Jacob takes a string on you and gain the condition invisible*

Wendy - You get lost in Hope's eyes and your mind goes blank. You don't even notice the bathroom door open. A voice brings you back, "Teacher says you need to come back before we can leave. Stop making out so we can go to lunch." Looking over you notice it's Sara. What do you do?
*Sara take a string*

Hope - You do notice Sara. She spoke as she came in. Her face visibly sours before she tells you to stop making out. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 7, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed

At this point I swore I could hear a howl going through my entire body. Everything was a complete mess and I could literally feel myself loosing control. This would just not do and I had the perfect way to solve both problems. So without saying a word I leaped over my desk and slammed Jacob's head into his desk as hard as I could as I smiled cruelly at the sound of it smacking into the wood. Keeping my hand on his face as I ground it into the table I whispered to Jacob.

"You really want to push me? You really want to try fighting me?" As I finish my sentence I am all but growling at him. Grabbing his hair I slowly lifted his face up so that he was staring straight at me, allowing me to see the blood coming from his nose and the look of complete shock of what had just happened to him.

"If you don't want lunch early then you will shut up and pray that I don't decide to feed you, your own drat teeth." As I finish my sentence I open my mouth slightly to show off my extended canines as I gave Jacob a cruel smile.

Lash Out at Jacob: 2d6+2 12 Due to my overwhelming success I inflict on Jacob the rule that he has to hold steady before he can retaliate.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 8, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

It's everything - and then it's gone. Sara took it away. I am dumped out of the razor-sharp certainty of that moment into the confusion of being interrupted - no, caught - in a compromising situation with a girl I barely know. I take a step away from the sink; I may not know much about American schools, but we know everything about snitches.

"I'm going down to the office," I say. "Tell Mrs. Lake that I won't be there." Sara knows that this is a lie - I don't look like I need to go to the office - but it might be a lie she's willing to go along with.

Manipulate Sara: 2d6+1 8

Unless it's unreasonable, I will probably do what Sara needs.

Zurui fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 7, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

This is great, should've brought popcorn. Eve just went to the top of my priority list for hexing, though, holy poo poo. And I feel kinda bad for Wendy, spazzing out like that. I guess I was pretty mean to her? Maybe I'll find her later, apologise, no big deal. I could even offer to help set her up with Zack. God, that would be hilarious.

Jacob mutters something moronic to me and I'm about to snap back at him but Zack just flies off the handle Jesus Christ dude and he's slamming Jacob's head into the desk and oh my God this is so stupid, this is not the smart way to handle things. I can't just sit back and watch, this has gone too far.

I stand up and look at our useless teacher. "Melissa, should I hand out the books?" Ugh, I don't care what she says, she just needs to look over this way.

Manipulate NPC
(8:58:53 AM) Gato: !r 2d6-1
(8:58:54 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 7-1 = 6
Well, xp for Hot at least.

I don't even wait for her to answer. Zack's still holding on to Jacob like a goddamn supervillain. poo poo, this is so stupid. I can't hex Zack right here, it would mean a hell of a light show and he'd see me with his tennis ball. I'm going to have to put myself right in the firing line, right now. I grab Zack's shoulder and try to pull the two apart. "Jesus Zack, he's not worth it! You can't just hulk out at every retard who looks at you funny!"

Shut Down Zack
(9:04:29 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(9:04:31 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 4+1 = 5
Tagging Embarrassed for +1, then spending a string to take it up to 7. He can have the condition Incredible Hulk, then give me one back.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I flinched as soon as Eve spoke, scared she was going to hit me or yell but she seemed...to be listening? Oh man, what if I got through to her!? I kind of perk up a little, but her second statement makes me pause and consider.

"W...what do you mean 'a date'?" I whispered back in my confusion. Oh no she's giving me a blank look was that stupid I should have known what that word means! "...uhm...uh I mean that Hope is Serenity's friend and my friend and if you want her to like you, you have to make it so we all like you too." I paused. "I can pretend to already, but, now you're going to have a really tough time getting Serenity to...and probably Hope to as well." I shake my head.

"Listen...we're going to go to the beach after school, right? Serenity and Hope and me that is." And Shelly! I have to remember to invite her. "Why don't you come too? Then you can apologize and be nice and maybe it'll help you out?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Does Cally not know what a date is? Is this who I'm forced to rely on to get close to Hope? Are you loving kidding me. But all right, fair enough. Gotta get Serenity to not hate me anymore. Hmmm...I could see if there's something she'd like? Em can find out all kinds of things about people, it's pretty great. Can be a bit of a crapshoot though, but I'm willing to go for it.

And okay, I guess I'll have to hang out with these other two, but maybe I can impress Hope enough for a date in the future? Yes, everything's coming back together. I look at Cally and nod. "All right. Sounds good to me. We gonna meet up at the beach or get together elsewhere and then get a ride there?"

• Locked thread