Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hot 1, Cold 0, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions:

I turn to Hope. "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened there. I used to get teased as a kid and he just brought that out in me." I hang my head for a moment. "Enjoy your lunch, I guess." I summon a pained smile and leave the room. I'm such an idiot.

I don't know what to do. I'm too upset to be hungry and I don't think I'd be welcome with anyone in the lunch room anyways. I remember reading in the Burl Toler School Planner about how they have a counselor down in the office. Talking to someone who isn't fifteen seems like a good idea. Weaving my way around the lunchroom, I walk past the secretaries and the nurse's office-

Is that Zack? Jesus, what happened to him? I stop in my tracks and stare a bit too long at him. The nurse seems to be gone, so I sneak in.

"Uh, hey," I say, trying my hardest to be sultry and ending up somewhere around awkwardly cute. "Are you okay? I missed whatever happened after I left..."

Turn Zack On: 2d6+1 8 Give yourself, promise something, or give a string. I mark XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Terrified

"L...lunch?" Oh no I totally said I was going to get lunch with Serenity and Hope (...and Eve, I guess, ugh). Still Aaron was my friend first I mean he taught me how to surf and stuff and he's looked out for me whenever he could and, well, he was a nice guy, so I should be nice to him, right?

Besides, I was seeing the girls after school at the beach, so that would still be fine. "Okay, yeah I can do lunch, uhm, just let me tell me friends that I'm going to be busy so they don't miss me!"

I pull out my hand-me-up phone and send a text to Serenity and Hope (and Eve, I guess, ugh).

To Serenity, Hope, Eve posted:

Hello guys I am using this to tell you all I have to take a 'rainy check' on lunch today! I will see you all on the beach or in classes or whatever! ^.

Oh shoot, it cut off my smiley face, but oh well that should be fine!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed, Hulked Out

What did she ask and what did you say? What do you do?

She asked if I had been feeling any changes in my mood recently. I commented on how lately I had been more aggressive and at times just going berserk. I also mentioned how I managed to wreck the water fountain without even trying.

After everything that had happened I just felt drained. The wolf blood pumping through my veins, the fights, the bleeding, and the destruction. Every part of that would have been enough to leave me feeling tired, but this, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. So as the nurse left the office I slowly started to drift off to sleep, eager to let my body recover and my mind to finally ease off the pure adrenalin I had been feeding it.

It couldn't have been more then a couple minutes when I heard somebody entering the room. Unsure what to do I open my eyes and see Wendy walking into the room which slowly filled me with dread. I thought she was horrified off me before, now she won't come near me with a ten foot pole. So when she came in and began to cutely ask how I was caused me to smile softly as I pushed myself to a sitting position and smiled softly back at her.

"I have been better." I say with a soft chuckle. "Anyway things got crazy in the classroom which ended with Eve hitting Frank and her smashing me into the desks." I try to keep my voice friendly despite how charged I feel about the entire situation. "Guess you made the right call to leave when you did." I take a deep breath as I steady myself, as even though I still feel like poo poo, it still felt nice that people actually are caring about me. "Thank you for coming into check on me and I am glad you didn't get caught up in that mess." As I finish my sentence I try to put in as much emotion as I can to show how much I appreciate this. Of course some of it got lost when I spoke it out loud but I felt as though she would at least get the heart of what I was trying to say.

I give Wendy a string on me.

Turn On Wendy: 2d6+1 7

Give yourself, promise something, or give a string.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 9, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

"Not really." I sigh, Eve's yelling at someone else again. "I don't know if she'll ever chill out. But she's welcome to try out." I grin at Ursula. "You're always welcome too. Appreciating nature and others doesn't have a limited space. It'd be nice, after all the bad vibes from what happened in class." I rubbed the back of the neck, a little too late I realize my free spirit's just leaving others behind. I'd love for everyone to drop all this dumb city stuff but I got to remember baby steps. "Unless there was something you wanted to do?"

I hold up my pendant and sniff to clear my head. I always keep a bit of the good stuff crammed in there in case I get too stressed out. The fragrance helped me focus. I try to come up with a way to help Eve be more harmonious with us. even if she's only asking to be with Hope.

Gazing "how do I get Eve into my hippie bullshit" 8 Visions are confusing and/or alarming

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

I blush. I guess I expected him to be brusque, with him being all angry and tired and hurt. He's obviously trying to be nice to me! It's sweet. I scoot my butt up onto the nurse's desk and smile, genuinely this time.

I lean in, just inches from Zack's face. "Well," I say softly, "I'll always check up on you." In the moment, I'm completely ignorant of how much I sound like a stalker. He's so close, I could...but it's a tension that I can't bring myself to resolve.

Making a Promise. Spending a String to offer XP if Zack will surprise Wendy with a kiss. Your call!

Zurui fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 9, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Serenity: In your mind's eye, you're standing in a dark room. There's a single spotlight shining on a scale in the center of the room. On one end, Hope, on the other Eve surrounded by weights. She outweighs her 2:1. You're holding a weight with your name on it. You place it on Hope's side and even the scales. "So, it's a deal then?" A deep voice asks you. What do you do?

Find other prompts here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724319&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post446317953

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 9, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Weak, reasonable
Tokens: old tennis ball (Zack), weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Oh god. I broke the first rule, the only rule Dad ever told me about magic, the only rule I ever took seriously. There is always somebody better at magic than you. A lot of those somebodies are more like somethings. Do not gently caress with them. poo poo poo poo poo poo what do I do. What do I do?

Hold Steady
(12:17:43 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(12:17:43 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 8+1 = 9
I'll swap Weak for Terrified.

Ok... ok. Breathe. Whatever that voice was, it wants me to leave Eve alone. Well, poo poo. It's already one up on me. I'm...totally happy to do what it says. I'll steer clear of Eve as best I can. For now. I can figure out some way to make this right, then... poo poo. What do I do about a girl with the Devil on her side...on her side? I look at the card again. It's back to normal - a horned beast on a throne, with two slaves chained to it. Hmm. So is Eve the one holding the chain, or...?

I start to gather up the cards. The extra copies of the Tower are gone. I'm still holding the Fool in my left hand... hold on, what happened to the Magician? I rummage through the cards. It's not there. I shuffle the deck, then count out a full 78 cards. I look through them again - still no Magician. Dammit. Guess intimidation wasn't enough, huh? Well, that does it. I don't care about Eve's Satanic bullshit, she can do what she wants, but I am getting my card back.

My stomach growls. My chest still aches, and my cheek is stinging where Wendy slapped me. And to think I was so sure today would be great. Well, at least I've got a lunch date. After that... I probably owe the nurse a visit. And then it's time to work on Plan B.

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 9, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2+1/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed, Hulked Out

Well, I'll always check up on you. Just what could that mean? I heard something similar from Franklin but this feels different. Could he have been right in this first place? I want to say no but know I am not so sure. Just what should I do? As I have my mental tirade I stare deeply into Wendy's eyes. It feels like I could wrestle with this question all day when something within me woke up again. Don't hold yourself back like this. Embrace the freedom of being alive and see where it takes you. I once again notice my surroundings and see Wendy's face almost touching my own. So without a second thought I lean in gently, not caring about how bloody and beat up I look, and begin to kiss Wendy.

I will take the exp and go for the kiss.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions:

Wendy looks so sad when she walks off! I run to grab by bag and catch up with her, but I lose her. That's... really unfortunate. I wanted to eat lunch with her. I'm alrady feeling bummed when Cally texts to cancel. Oh man, this is getting to really suck. Before anyone else can bail, I text Serenity for where we're meeting. Turns out everyone is on the roof! Ok. I message Franklin and Wendy (in case she changes her mind), the info, then head up to meet everyone. ...And Eve, apparently. I guess I did invite her, but still... that was before she hurt my friend! After I initially spot her, I just look past her to Serenity and wave at her. I sit so that Serenity is between the two of us, even if she's smelling too much like home for right now. Then, I take out my brown bag lunch and have a bite of my peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I swear, mortal food is just SO tasty. It's a wonder people ever stop eating!

Shut down by ignoring the buzzkill: 2d6 7
Give Eve MEAN!

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

He kisses me! He. Kisses. Me. Kissing. Me. He is!

I pour all of today into the kiss. My arms move around his waist as I burn up the nervousness about a new school, the embarrassment of flirting with Zack and hurting myself, the confusion and angst of my kiss with Hope, all of it pours out of my body and through my mouth where's lit on fire. I want it all back, too: everything that hurts him, all the feelings and anger and frustration of today. We can burn it together - if only he'll give me what I've given him.

Turn Zack On (for reals this time): 2d6+1 8 Promise, string, coughgive yourselfcough

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

Well that's the thing with inspiration. It's like a waking dream. I think I'm pretty good at reading dreams though. just have to get Hope and Eve on the same wavelength and- Oh Hope is pretty mad at Eve. Well that's good, sort of. She should be. And hey maybe this will make Eve want to try our way of doing things. I pull Hope into a hug and grin. "I'm glad you made it, Hope. Isn't this place great? Dig that breeze. ...It's usually more private. I guess everything is when I come alone. Guess we can't relax they way we like to."

+1 string for understanding hugs

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 9, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed, Hulked Out

For a single second all I can fear is rejection. That she will push me away and slap me. That all vanishes when I feel her respond. Her arms wrap around me as she makes it quite clear she doesn't want to stop anytime soon. This I am more then fine with. I don't want to think about today and how close I was to really harming those around me. I want to forget about how much pain I am still in. I don't want to even think about what lurks within me right now. There is a decently looking girl in my arms and right now I just want to enjoy the moment. So I wrap my arms around her back and hold her tightly as I continue to enjoy this private moment with Wendy.

I will take the hint and go with give myself to Wendy

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1,Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean
Debt to Emissary: 1/5

Dammit, it didn't work. But before I can say or do anything I feel Em put something in my pocket and talk about Frank. I give it a brief pat and...my sunglasses case? But when did I lose - wait, poo poo did Frank steal it? But Em's pretty upset with him...there has to be something going on.

~Uh, thanks~

I'll think about it later. Right now there's lunch, and Cally just sent a text saying she can't come (oh no, how terrible) and...hey, it's Hope! I'm about to say something to her...but she just ignores me and then walks right past. Oh. Okay. Well I guess I have to sit next to Serenity, who's beginning to smell worse then usual. Great. And then Serenity starts hugging her. loving hell.

"H-Hey, Hope." I try not let her see her dismissal get to me.

Giving Hope the condition Hurtful

"Uh, so..." God, this is hard enough to do already, did Ursula and Nathan have to be here? "Sorry about kicking your chair over Serenity." It's kind of weird talking to her while she's hugging someone else.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Yard
Cally: Aaron takes you outside to the far side of the yard, there's not a lot of students over here. He points out a shaded spot on a bench. The two of you sit down. He looks at you, sigh and then smiles. He's been doing that a lot recently. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" What do you do?

Medic
Zach - Penny just smiles when you say you broke the water fountain. "Kids these days . . ." What does the wolf think of her?
Also, Dan (S.), a senior, comes in with a worried look on his face asking for Jacob. When Penny tells him that Jacob left, the worried look grows even more and he immediately leaves.

Wendy & Zack - The nurse comes in before you can do anything serious. "Aw, you already have yourself a little girlfriend. That's cute. But you really shouldn't be doing this here. We're still in public and you're still banged up." She separates the two of you. She starts to talk about protection and how gross STI's can get before pulling out some condoms, "Use this when there's more blood in him then on him."

Wendy - there's something about her but you can't tell what. What does she do that makes you think this? She catches a look at your puffed up lip. "Oh dear. You two should definitely not be doing that if you have a cut. If you wait a moment, I'll clean it up."

What do the two of you do?

REUF CREWE
Serenity - Ursula hides a sigh as you hold Hope close and then puts on a smile, "I just wanted to hang out 's all. Advisory was kinda wild and I wanted to see if you were okay. You seem fine though." She turns back to her conversation with Nathan. What do you do?

Hope & Eve - Nathan says, "Man, you freshman girls sure are keeping things interesting. I wish one or two of you were sophomores. We could use a little more action in our classes. And better looking girls." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 9, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I sit down across from Aaron with a smile. Hopefully not too frightened of one but I still felt pretty freaked out from what I saw earlier.

"You...you remember when I first uhm...came to town right? My p...my coat, that I keep looking for?" He nods, not bringing up the rest of it (my confusion about why I'd need clothes and what the word 'surfboard' meant...still not entirely understanding the first part except that apparently humans are embarrassed of themselves?)

"Well...it turns out it's been stolen. Uhm, by this girl, Eve, and she's uh..." I pause, what could I even tell him? "And she's just...really mean, and violent and...well she's blackmailing me to do something that I don't think is fair." I exhale. "I don't know what to do - but I can't just let her HAVE my coat it's important, it's like...really REALLY important so I have to do what she says, right?" Oh gosh I was saying too much what was he even going to think of me?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 1/4 Experience 3/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

"Oh great!" I let go of Hope and instantly squeeze Ursula and don't let go. "I always am up for hanging out. You can eat with us everyday if you want. And come with us to the beach later. Or we can just chill together after that if you want." I continue with a grin, "And yeah I'll be okay. But maybe it'll be better if someone kisses it." I giggle. I don't even hear Eve while gushing over my bestie.

Manipulate npc 3

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 9, 2015

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5 | Conditions:

I jump when the Nurse comes in. It's the second time I've been discovered today, but it couldn't be more different. Hope was a gentle, light flutter of emotions. Zack, Zack is heavy. It's like he's leaning on my heart and it just keeps beating faster and faster. I catch my breath and jump off the counter. I'm certain my face is a very deep shade of red. Luckily, she doesn't linger on the subject.

I'm used to adults being patronizing about sex; my old teachers practically made an art of it. It's not the lecture that bothers me, it's her eyes. They're dead. Her lips smile, her cheeks move, but no matter what the emotion her eyes just stay the same dead blue-gray as always. Something is wrong with her. She reaches out to help me, and I recoil. "I...I don't know...I'm fine. My friend already took care of it. Um...I'm gonna go get lunch."

Run Away: 2d6-1 6 Mark XP and Advance (+1 Hot)

Zurui fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 9, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2+2/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean

Well, I apologized and at least Hope heard me, right? Also, I'm just going to ignore Nathan. I take a look at Hope.

"Uh, so if you guys like I could maybe get you something to eat later on? I know you're new, so I could show you guys around a bit." Yeah, I'd have to bring Serenity along but I guess it won't be too bad. I smile at her, like I did earlier. She seemed to like that.

Turn Hope On: 2d6 8 Includes +1 from Out of the Loop
Self/Promise/String

Marking XP for rolling Hot, and for making a promise to Hope from Lure

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 9, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions:

I frown at Serenity for a second. I know I started the ignoring Eve thing, but it's kinda rude to just ignore her when she's trying to make up for what she did. And she really does look sorry. And pretty. She's got a really nice smile. It's a shame she's been snarling all day.

I shrug helplessly at Eve and stand up to sit next to her. I say, "I think she's not really that mad at you. She can get a little spacey sometimes, but I'm sure she'll forgive you." I add, smiling, "And I think dinner is a great way to make it up. Thanks!" I give her quick side hug and then a kiss on the cheek. Then say, "I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun out tonight!"

I turn to look at Nathan, and ask, with earnest confusion , "Oh? What's so interesting about me?"

And, to be honest, there's a bit of real paranoia, too. Does he know what I really am?

Turn on: 2d6+2 7
String, Promise, or self Eve

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean

"Y-yeah! I'm glad you're looking forward to it!" Okay Eve, chill out.

Hope gets a String on Eve

She starts talking to Nathan, and I'm interested in what he's going to say - until I remember he was there when I punched Frank and shoved Zack. poo poo. poo poo poo poo poo poo. I watch him. He better not loving say anything about that and ruin my chances.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3+1/5 | Conditions: Embarrassed, Hulked Out

The wolf doesn't like her. It feels as though something is wrong with her and the beast would love to just make it nice and simple.

Huh? That was all I could think when Penny came into the room. One moment I was really getting into kissing this cute British girl and then she comes in and makes everything awkward. Whether it is the timing of it all, just before it got any deeper, or the fact that she started going on about STI's, everything just felt wrong right now. And then she had to make that comment about doing it later when he was not doused in his own blood was the icing on the cake as it now felt as my cheeks were going to catch on fire I was blushing in embarrassment so hard. I wanted to say something to Wendy, but suddenly she once again attempts to dash off leaving me feeling even more embarrassed and a little bit empty.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I snarl at Penny, just able to contain just how rattled for lack of a better word she has been able to make me in just two short conversations.

Shut Down Penny: 2d6-1 9 Mark exp for rolling cold. Penny gets the condition unsure and she can give me a condition.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 9, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 2/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: Terrified, reasonable

I head for the canteen, but change direction when I get Hope's text. The roof, huh? Pretty neat. Seems like Hope knows how to make things fun. My kind of person, maybe. I wonder if there really was anything going on between her and Wendy? That could make things messy, what with Zack and Eve being involved. Ah, who knows? At any rate, I doubt I'll manage much in the way of charm with my face like this. Best behaviour, Franklin.

There's a small crowd on the roof when I make it up there - Hope, Ursula, Nathan... Serenity (lol) and Eve (oh crap). Well, this'll be fun. Eve's looking tense as ever, and nobody's actively talking to her. There's so much I want to say to her... but no. If she rushes me here I could end up being a smear on the pavement, even without the whole Devil thing. Best to play it cool, make this morning out to be water under the bridge. Hopefully she'll let her guard down later.

"Hey guys, how's it going? Man, Hope, you know how to make lunch interesting. Nothing like eating under an open sky, right?" I move closer to her and lower my voice a little. "We should totally do that more often."

Turn On Hope
(9:08:28 AM) Gato: !r 2d6-1
(9:08:28 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 3-1 = 2
Experience for Hot at least.

Before she can reply, I sit down opposite Eve. "Good to see you're making nice. Wouldn't want to send anybody flying up here." No, crap, that's not the way to do this. "Look, I'm sorry if I was a dick earlier. Maybe just tell me next time before you punch me? I don't mind getting called out." I try to smile, but wince when I move my cheek too much. Ow. "Karma's been kicking my rear end all morning anyway, so... truce?"

Taking Disaffected from the Ghoul as my first advance. Franklin is now officially too cool for school.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean

I guess it wasn' Nathan I had to worry about, but loving Franklin. The prick starts loudly talking about me knocking people around and punching him oh you fucker. Glad I have that freebie, might want to think about what to do to him.

I turn to face him, and for a moment just glare. You rear end in a top hat. Is this intentional or is he just that stupid? He seems shaken up by something at least.

Shut Franklin Down: 2d6 5 Includes +1 from Terrified
Marking XP for rolling Cold, which grants me an advance

I force out a smile. "Yeah. Sure. Truce."

Taking Bare Your Fangs from the Werewolf

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Roof
Hope - Nathan answers without hesitation, "Please, what isn't interesting about you. You're a fresh face and enthusiastic about everything. Plus you're hot. You've had at least 3," He watches as Frank gives you a desperate look and mumble something out, "correction, 4 people flirt with you in the last half hour. That's signs you're hot. It's a refreshing change from the frumpy and boring girls in my class. Minus you Urs, you're great." Nathan seems the candid type. What do you do?

Frank - You join up with Roof Crew. Serenity is hugging Ursula. Eve and Hope are giving each other the eye. And Nathan is Nathan. You catch the second bit of Hope talking with Nathan. What do you do?

Serenity - Ursula pushes you away with a pained smile on her face. It's too much, too fast. "I'm honored but there's a line of girls ..." She mumbles into inaudibility. What do you do?

Nurse

Zach - Penny fakes a surprised look as she lets Wendy by, "Sorry for scaring your bird off but I didn't know I needed permission to enter my own office. I know you hit your head hard but please try to remember where you are. And who you're with. You're free to go by the way." Before you can respond she once again lets you alone. What do you do?
Penny gives you Brazen

Hallway
Wendy - You fly out of that room afraid you were going to crash into Penny. She instead dodges you with unnatural accuracy and even opens the door for you. Your heart is racing as you sprint down the hallway. "Goodbye Wendy." She says on your way out. Wait, when did you give her your name? What do you do?
Penny takes a string on you.

Yard
Cally - "Alright. Calm down, I can't understand you fully when you speak this fast." He places a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "Now, let me get this straight. This Eve girl is blackmailing you? That's not right. You need to go to the authorities if she's doing this to you." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 9, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I shake my head. "Oh...n-no I can't! I can't do that." I sighed. I knew Eve couldn't destroy the coat, but "She said she'd make sure I could never find the coat if I tried to tell the uhm...poh leese about it." I was panicking, I had trouble with words when I was panicking. "Aaron you can't tell anybody okay? I don't know what she'd do if she found out you knew too!" I looked, he had put his hand on my shoulder. I gave him a confused look for a moment but I let it stay there as I continued. "I just...I don't know what do I do do I do what she wants me to do or do I try to take my coat back? I have to find out where she's keeping it so I can go get it right? O...or do I try to get her who she wants?" Oh, stupid blabbermouth, me! I didn't mean who I didn't mean to say who. "...or...what she wants...or whatever..."

Oh god he's just staring at me...quick change topics change topics.

"Sorry, uh...oh, what did you want to talk to me about?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 9, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 4/5 Conditions: Out of the loop, hurtful

Oh, Nathan's answer is a real relief. I was worried I'd done something so weird that he'd just decided that I was not normal. But apparently I'm the good kind of not normal. I give him a smile and say, "Well, if there were more of me, then I wouldn't be as interesting, right?"

Then, Franklin says he wants to eat up here more often, which is fine with me. I say, "Oh, it was Serenity's idea, so you should thank her. Right, Serenity?" I hope she actually answers this time...

Franklin, though, keeps talking and mentions that Eve hit him! I'm really surprised that Eve hit someone ELSE, and I frown at her for a second. Still, they're making up, it seems. Kinda. Sorta. Either way, Franklin doesn't look too good... I should give him a hand later.

I have to wonder. Why is Eve so wound up? She's gotten in more fights in one day than I've been in my whole life! Why does she feel like she has to hurt people? I lie back on the ground and watch the clouds go by, wondering what I could do to make her less mean...

Gaze about Eve, the meanie: 2d6+2 11
Visions that cure me of being hurtful and that show me what to do, giving me +1 forward.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 9, 2015

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 1/4 | Experience 4+1/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Embarrassed, Hulked Out

I could literally feel my skin tingle as she finished talking to me. Especially that line about who you're with. Would she be talking about being with a member of staff? That's what it should mean right? Even with her gone I felt so uncomfortable I just grabbed my bag and left the office.

When I got into the hallway I wanted to try and either catch up with Franklin or try to talk with Wendy but there was something I needed to see first. So I headed down to the water fountain I demolished and began to run my hand over it. I couldn't tell you why I did it. I know it wasn't because of a feeling of guilt, nor was it pride for having such power. It was something else, something I had been trying to figure out ever since that night. Satisfaction would be the closest word for it but even that fails to grasp what I have been trying to put into words. Feeling myself in rare state of mind I try to call out to the wolf inside me and attempt to understand it. Closing my eyes I took in a deep breath, making sure to pick up the scent of my own blood. Then without warning I dug the palm of my hand into the metal and attempted to call out to the beast that lurked within me.

I hoped to see if the bestial instincts could put into place everything that had gone on in the Nurse's office. From the last words that Franklin said to me, from that moment with Wendy, to everything with Penny. I reached out to the wolf and tried to grab hold of it but at the last moment I just failed to grab on, and now I am stuck at the mercy of the beast and what it has in mind for me.

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6-1 6 With the use of my second highlighted move I gain enough experience to select the move heightened senses

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 2/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Terrified, reasonable

My (admittedly poor) attempt at flirtation slides straight off Hope. It's actually kind of sweet. I laugh along when Nathan points out that she's apparently got a queue of admirers. Yeah, I'm not too surprised. Doesn't matter much to me, doesn't mean I can't have fun. I'm just glad somebody isn't taking everything too seriously.

And Eve... god, that's a hell of a death-glare. What did I say? Don't tell me she was trying to play the innocent in front of the girls. Or just Hope, maybe? Whatever. I'm not looking to start poo poo, but I'm not going to feel bad if they know what a psycho Eve is. Hell, I'm probably doing them a favour. Anyway, she accepts the truce. I'm sure that'll mean dick-all after, like, the next hour but any punch I can avoid is a victory right now. I feel terrible.

I reach for my bag, and it sends a spasm of pain through my chest. There's a horrible aching feeling under my ribs. My cheek still stings, and all of a sudden this wave of exhaustion hits me. I think I actually start rocking back and forward. I take out my lunch, and feel a surge of nausea. Nope. Another wave of fatigue, and... poo poo. I groan and collapse onto my back.

Ah. That's... better. I'm vaguely aware of Hope lying down nearby, but I can't even summon the strength to turn my neck. Think I'll just... space out for a while. Yeah. My whirling thoughts settle into a semblance of order. Zack. Hope. Eve. The Devil. The Ten of Cups. The Magician. drat. I want that card back, and I want to make sure Eve can't hurt me. Or anybody else. Zack, hell, even Serenity... the girl's a menace. There has to be some way to shut her down...

Gaze into the Abyss. How can I deal with Eve being so MEAN?
(8:27:10 PM) Gato: !r 2d6 +2
(8:27:11 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 4 +2 = 6
Tagging that condition to take it up to 7. I'll take drained in exchange for lucid and detailed visions. Also, barring any interruptions, Franklin is going to lie here and hopefully heal 1 harm by the end of the scene.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

In a forlorn corner near some lockers that nobody uses, there's a short-haired girl with her head in her hands. She's been been creeped out, turned on, and put off in the last twenty minutes and it's finally overwhelmed her. A few tears run down her face, but you can't see them. She's done, so done with today - and it's only lunchtime.

Leaving it open for someone to find Wendy in the hallway, if they wish. If not, this'll play me out for this scene and I'll see y'all in the next!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Buzzkill, Pervert, Mean

I'm trying to think of something to say to Hope, who looks concerned and then started lying down after Frank blabbed, when suddenly Frank himself just collapses.

"Oh poo poo," I mutter. I couldn't have hit him that hard, right? Well, this is as good an excuse as any to get him out of here. I head over to him and lift him up somewhat. "Someone want to help me take him to the nurse?" He'd be away from Hope either way, but if not at least I can talk to him in private. Be nice if he'd get up and could walk though.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 10, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I'm shaken out of my reverie by hands under my shoulder...Eve? What the hell... I hear her saying something about the nurse. No, damnit, that's not what I need. "No...don't need...nurse. Just need...to rest. Here is...fine."

Ugh. Words are difficult. I think back to my run-in with Penny. It's not like there's anything she can do for me. I don't need a mother hen, and I don't want to end up telling Penny how a couple of girls beat me up. And the last thing I want is to be alone with the psycho devil girl - I might not even make it to the nurse. They'll probably end up fishing me out of the bay in a few days' time. "Eve... why?" That's all I manage. How the hell did I end up like this?

I'll edit in the Gaze results when it makes sense.

Gato fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 9, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 1/4 Experience 4/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

"Huh? A line? For what?" I scratch my head and try to remember if I should know this turn of phrase. City people never seem to say what they mean in the city. "Uh does this mean you don't want to go to the beach?"

I get distracted by Nathan saying the girls in the class are frumpy. "Hey I'm like... the opposite of frumpy. That's totally unfair."

I can't stay too mad as Hope mentions me finding this spot. "Yeah! Well. This turned out a lot less private than I thought. I'll figure something out by tomorrow, okay?" I look at the collected group, they might be cool. Well Eve sure isn't but I want to work on that. "Unless you think they'd be cool to chill out proper."

Shut down Nathan 6 bluh low highlighs

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 4/5 Conditions: Out of the loop,

Serenity jerks me out of my cloud watching with her question. I look around and say, "Yeah, this is pretty good people, but I'd really like to just chill tomorrow, you know? So, it's a date! Hope we can get Cally too!" I smile at the thought. I guess Cally didn't promise she'd be here today, but it's already crowded. At least now I know Serenity and I at least are going to get to relax tomorrow! I text Cally, "Eating lunch up on the roof with a lot of people. Eve's being weird, but not hitting anyone. And Serenity promised she'd find a place to chill for tomorrow! You up for it?"

Then, another something's going on with Eve and Franklin. I'm trying to give Eve the benefit of the doubt, since she's been apologizing for being mean this morning. But she's making it really hard!

Without sitting up, I roll over next to Franklin and lie next to him. I prop my head up and look down at him frowning. He really doesn't look too good... I gently press my cold water bottle up against his cheek where Wendy slapped him. I ask, "Does that feel better?"

turn on: 2d6+2 7

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Oh. Hope is coming by. Rolling by, actually. poo poo. I look down at her.

"He fell over and started mumbling. I really think he needs to go to the nurse. I can take him there, don't worry."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 4/5 Conditions: Out of the loop,

Still unsure, I say, "That does sound bad... I'll help you. We can bring him down together."

I look down at Franklin and say, "You really are hurt. At least let us get you to the nurse for some painkillers, ok?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 1/4 Experience 5/5 Conditions Lazy, Dances with Wolves

"Okay, a date..." I scratch my head again. It didn't sound like much of a date. But then I didn't really get dates anyway. "Oh uh, catch you later."

Making promise for xp. Taking Lesser Beasts from unicorn

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hope's lying right next to me now, looking genuinely concerned. The water bottle feels cool against my cheek, dulling the stinging. "Yeah... better. Thanks." Not going to lie, there's a part of my brain feeling pretty drat smug that a hot girl wants to look after me. But mostly, I'm just tired, and achey. poo poo. Maybe I do need to see the nurse. At least she might be able to give me time off class. It's not too far to go. And if Hope comes with, I can be sure Eve won't try anything.

"Ok. Sure. Nurse. Painkillers. Give me... a sec." I start to shuffle backwards into a sitting position. My legs feel like lead, but, hell, I'm not having them carry me. "Thanks for the... assist...guys. Hope." I let my unfocused gaze meet hers. Hopefully she'll get the message. Please don't leave me alone with Eve.

Promising Hope what I think she wants - to let her take me to the nurse. Not sure if that's a proper promise for Lure.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

It would be really bad for Frank and Hope to go off alone. I stand to one side to offer support. "If you're feeling better, Hope and I can help get you there." I look to her. "You fine with heading off for a bit to get him some help? You can take the other side in case he starts to fall over."

Goddamn, is this kid made of cardboard? It was just one punch. I'm pretty sure I did worse to his friend. Whatever. At least I can do damage control if he starts going on about what happened after she left.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
(Ignore this post due to phone issues)

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Yard
Cally - Aaron moves his hands to his lap. "I don't know what you've gotten into and I still think you should go to somebody." He goes quiet. "I'll keep it a secret but if something bad happens to you . . ." He shakes his head, "Just try not to panic. Mistakes happen when you panic." He leans against the wall. "What I wanted to talk about seems really insignificant now. It's . . . Well, me and Selena we . . ." He sighs and shakes his head again. "You doing anything after school? I don't feel like just heading home today." You've heard a rumor about him and Selena, what was it? What do you do?

Nurse's Office
Hope (forgot your gaze, sorry) - As you stare up, a giant cloud dampens the sun but rays of light shine on everyone but Eve. It even looks like they're avoiding her. Every move she makes, light dodges. When she stares down Franklin, he's surrounded by shadows as well and they share it. The cloud moves on by when Frank rolls to the floor.

Eve & Hope - You carry Frank to the Nurse's Office. She cleaning as you three walk into the small office. "I'm getting a lot of visitors today." The young nurse says without looking. "Oh, he's back. And he has two girls with him." She gets up and helps you move him onto a bed. She tut-tuts at a bruise forming on his stomach. "And he helped Zachary in here too." She looks at Eve and asks, "How many people got in a fight today?" She turns back to Frank. "And his face too. Poor boy. I'll need to get more ice packs. I'm Nurse Penny by the way. But Penny is fine." She immediately starts going through her drawers. The two of you notice something about her. What is it? What do you two do?

Frank - You feel yourself being moved before taking a little nap. "You made it all of 10 minutes." A voice behind you says. You're sitting on the client side of an ornate wooden desk. An empty chair is in front of you. Some papers rest on the table. "I'm impressed. I gave you five honestly." The voice sounds like it's resting right over your shoulder. "Look at the papers." It's a list of names, one is underlined. 'EVE AUSTIN - DEBT: TRADE; USE - REPAY: PARTIAL' "Fine card you have here. Where did you get it from? I wouldn't mind getting the whole set." The world starts to fade to light. "It looks like your time is up. I'll be taking your visiting fee." A shockingly cold feeling spreads across your chest. You come to in the Nurse's office. You still feel out of it even after your nap. Penny is standing over you. "Hello Frank, welcome back to the land of the living." She's holding an ice pack in her hand. "Tried to soldier on from before? You wouldn't of troubled these two girls if you let me work on you earlier." She hands you the unactivated ice pack. "For your face." She gestures. "What happened today? You, your friend Zachary, his girlfriend Wendy and Jacob all stopped by." What do you do?
Heal 1 harm

Hallway
Zack - The metal is easily warped. Even this hurt your hand. Your eyes are drawn to the bandages on your hand. Pain shoots through your body. Your eyes slam shut, you're back in the Nurse's office. Your body is strapped a bed. It's hot as hell. A body lies in the corner in pool of blood. "You most certainly are an interesting patient." A garbled voice says. "I leave you alone for one moment. . . Kids are prone to mistakes . . ." Your eyes are drawn to the body. Who's body is it? A scalpel raises itself in the air and slams into your shoulder. "Hey!" A voice calls. You're back in the hallway. You've somehow ended up on the floor against the wall. Someone is standing over you. Who is it? What do you do?

Wendy - People pass you, they all think your crazy. Except for one. Zack walks over and asks if you're okay and tries to calm you down. What do you do?
You gain the condition 'Crazy'.

Everyone - Lunch is over. Classes and a sense of normalcy resumes. The 7 of you share the last class. Your choices are Drama, art or Physical Education or something else. (You talk it out.) How do your classes before then play out?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 10, 2015

• Locked thread