Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Eve - As you land on top of Cally, the world becomes very cold and dark as it feels like ropes pull on you. "With all things in life, there is no take without give. It's time to give my dear Eve."
He starts to lay out the terms of your repayment:
"I want Frank's Tarot deck. I don't care what you do to get it. It would make a nice addition to my collection."
"I want some Hope. You've been making me help so I want you to consummate your pipe dream." *sleep with Hope. Emissary will lose a string on you and take the string you would gain.*
"And you've been so mean to your 'assistant'. And you have her by the throat. Being liked is important. Make her feel more welcome around you." *Have Cally give herself to you*
"Complete these tasks and I'll give you your remaining 2 afterwards."
*Any strings you gain with your sex move with people outside of Hope will act in a regular fashion. You may leave DS in this fashion.*

Cally - Eve knocks you to the floor, banging your shoulder against the pavement and then . . . zones out. You have a chance to run away or counter attack. What do you do?
Run Away 10+ for free or get a +1 to lash out

Zack - Your sister looks satisfied with your answers but still looks worried. "Are you sure you're feeling fine? Running a fever. Eating right? Drugs? You need the number for that therapist I found." She's speaking a mile a minute. She's frets for a moment longer before calming herself. "I know you don't like it when I 'baby' you but I've found you blacked out twice today. Well, It seems like you're okay now. Are you heading home or out by the way? I might be able to give you a ride." What do you do?

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot:0 Cold:1 Volatile:-1 Dark:1
Harm: 1/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Dead Meat

Eve is a crazy psychopath! Whoever's holding her leash must be pulling it, but that gave me an opportunity I wasn't about to let go of. I was sure she really would kill me if she had the chance to and I wasn't going to give that chance to her. And I needed to warn everyone else! She was way too dangerous! I scramble up from underneath her, wiping my lip with my hand where she split it. "You're INSANE!" I scream, and then I ran, crying, through the streets, towards the beach. At least I knew the way! So long as I didn't look back I knew I could lose her, so that's just what I went for.

I am taking the free Run Away please and thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It takes me a bit to get down to the beach, but honestly, my confrontation with Eve only took a few minutes, so people were probably just there. Thankfully it gave me a little time to calm down, too. Still, by the time I made it to the cove, everyone was already in the water, it looked like. I wanted to warn them...but I also needed to be in the water, too. It had been too stressful a day to not be in there. I started stripping everything off as soon as I knew I was hidden from the outside world, and once I was done, I ran the rest of the way and dove into the water, happy as can be at least for a moment. I came up behind Serenity, who was already hugging Hope, and I hugged her too, laughing.

"Hiiii guys! Sorry it took me so long to get down here." I shook my head, indicating I didn't want to talk about it, just yet. I just squeezed myself up close to Serenity, smiling at my friends. Honestly, I guess they were my family, now. Eve was never going to give me back my pelt, I guess I was stuck here.

Accidental Turn on for Serenity! Hitting Exposed for +1

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3+1 = 4
<KittyEmpress> rip
<LifeGetsWorser> oooh, Cally is not sexy

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 15, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Hot 0, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It
Debt to Emissary: 4/5

Oh gently caress noono, why now? I look up and see that while I've been busy, Cally is running off. "Wait, Cally! I didn't-" Too late. She's gone.

Today has just been...gently caress. Okay, okay. Calm down. Let's figure out what to do. I'm still near school, Frank went in...yeah, I can get his cards. Oh Frank...Going to suck for him I guess. But he did try to hex me. Still...no, don't worry about it. He probably wouldn't have been able to help anyway. I'm supposed to be going home and getting a swim suit, but I might be able to put it off a little longer. Of course, Cally is going to tell them about our fight and....ugh gently caress poo poo WHY IS THIS SO HARD!

I'm...not so thrilled about his wanting me to be with Hope though. Especially after that vision. I can talk to him about it later though. I'm sure we can work something out.

So. First task - get Frank's cards. Sorry Frank, but you made yourself a target. I remember he went back in school after we talked, so he should still be there. I'll just wait outside, casually, and then see if I can sneak up and get through his backpack. Really unlikely though - most likely what will happen is I'll have to tackle him to the ground, make threats, and take it from him. All without him hexing me to my face. I suppose I could just punch him if he starts again, but...Okay, here's the plan: Stealth first, violence as a backup if/when he realizes what's up. And he seems worried enough about what Em could do to not put up a huge fight. Once I have all his cards, I'll just take off and leave him behind.

All right. Sounds good to me. I had back near the entrance and keep an eye out for Frank, while also keeping an eye on the time. If it would take too long, I'll do it tomorrow.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 15, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Good actor, drained
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope)

Jacob's... thanking me? He must mean the fight with Zack this morning. That's unexpected. I mean, the guy's an rear end in a top hat, but Zack was way over the line. "Don't worry about it, man, Zack was... completely out of control. I'm gonna get him to work on the whole anger-management thing. I'm sorry I didn't stop him sooner. Good thing the nurse doesn't ask too many questions, huh?"

MC, you're free to continue the conversation in the past, I'm going to move the scene on.

--

I head out of the bathroom, and glance out of the main doors quickly. Eve's outside with Cally. A horrible wave of foreboding hits me. If Eve finds the note, we're both in deep poo poo, and Cally doesn't have the best track record when it comes to standing up to the psycho. I try to put it out of mind as I head back inside the school, towards the lockers. The corridor's quieter now, it's been some time since school finished. There's only a few people standing around, and I don't recognise any of them. Good.

I stop in front of Eve's locker, then rummage around in my bag, looking for all the world like I'm trying to find a key. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I'm doing. I grab hold of a loose key lying at the bottom. Let's hope it didn't unlock anything important. Now the tricky part. I mutter a quick charm Dad taught me. The key heats up in my hand like it's just come out of an oven. I can feel the tips of my fingers blistering, and it takes all my effort not to yell...

Hold Steady
(9:43:44 AM) Gato: !r 2d6 +1
(9:43:45 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9 +1 = 10
I'll remove drained.

... and then it stops. I take the key out. It looks pretty normal. I put it in the lock, and it opens. Hey presto. Grandfather would be so mad if he saw that. The thought makes me grin. I poke around in the locker a bit. Gym kit, some books, some papers... nothing out of the ordinary. My eye falls on a little black notebook stuffed down the side behind some folders. I flick through it quickly, enough to see that it's about half full with scribbling. Perfect.

I check my phone quickly. Nothing from Cally. Bummer. Well, I might get lucky. I give the locker another once-over, looking for anything obviously out of place. Though I don't really know what Cally's taste in stuff is like, and, sure enough, nothing really stands out. Might as well cut my losses. I close the locker, and turn the key. As the lock clicks, the key turns to ash. The perfect crime. I turn and head behind the school, then loop back toward the front. I peer around a corner and... crap, Eve's there. No Cally though. Is she waiting for someone? Is she waiting for me? Maybe she's got a message from her boss.

I start to walk towards her. She hasn't seen me, because she's still looking at the main entrance. But as I get closer, I can't help but notice she looks particularly twitchy. And Cally's not there. Did something happen? Snap decision time. I'm not going to risk getting punched again. I head for the street as casually as I can.

Run Away (Bide My Time)
(10:12:59 AM) Gato: !r 2d6
(10:13:00 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9 = 9
The scariest person there gets a string on me. Presumably that's Eve.

Sympathetic token get!

Gato fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 15, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 1-1/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It

So Frank isn't showing up. Either I missed him, or he left another -

gently caress! There he goes! I could run after him, but I don't have time for this. He'll be here tomorrow. I can get the cards then. Or...well, he would go home right? I guess it depends on where he lives, but I could always pay him a visit. We'll see. Right now, I'm going to head to where everyone else is. I do have several other tasks to fulfill, unfortunately. I quickly head home.

Once there, I take a look in a mirror. Luckily Cally didn't do too much damage. I take a few aspirin, and apply an icepack to the bruise while getting ready.

Removing 1 Harm from first aid

I quickly change clothes, putting my swimsuit on under them. I know this is a case of glass houses and all, but it's still too weird to be swimming naked with everyone just yet. I also get a bag, throw some extra clothes in along with a towel for later, and put in a first aid kit as well because honestly this day has been pretty rough. Once that's all done, I open my phone and send a quick message to Hope.

Message to Hope posted:

hey there, small delay on my end
heading over right now
and yes, dinner is still on!

Normally I'd be thinking of making it so that I can sit next to Hope...but right now I've got other concerns. He had to call in the debts just now, didn't he. Ugggh loving hell.

-------------------------

Once I'm at the beach, I see them out swimming. poo poo, Cally is here. Well, might as well see if she said anything. I wave to Hope.

"Hey Hope! I'm here now!"

Turn Hope On: 2d6+1 4 Includes +1 from accused edit: shouldn't have that bonus
Marking XP for rolling Hot

I take off my clothes and put them inside the bag before going inside the water and heading towards everyone else.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 15, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 Exp 1/5 Conditions: Accused

Serenity grabs me from behind, and I reach out for Wendy for support. Still, it's cute, and I giggle at her display. Then, Cally comes and hugs Serenity, and having to support two more people in the water is more than I can do. Frantically kicking my legs, I yell, "Ahhh! Too many hugs!" My head gets dunked under the water, and I hear strangely clear speech for a second. Is there a fairy door nearby? My head pops back up, and I turn to look at Cally, sputtering and laughing. I swim away from them a little, though.

Only a few moments later, Eve gets to the beach and changes too! I'm glad everyone made it. While Eve swims out to us, I grin at her, saying, "So, we were just talking about Franklin for a second. He's a pretty good actor, huh? And kinda cute too, in his own Franklin way, right?" I add, with a playful, knowing tone in my voice, "So... what do you think of him?"

Turn on Eve, who is full of it, for Franklin: 2d6+2 8
So, give Franklin a string, something he wants, or yourself next time you see him.
Hope is the best Wingman.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It

Why is she bringing Frank up? She doesn't like him, does she? No, I don't think so. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, since I will kind of have to steal his magic tarot deck later.

Franklin gets a String on Eve

"He's an rear end in a top hat," I mutter. "But who cares about him. So, uh...how are things here...going?" I can't believe they got Wendy to join in on their naked swim time. I look over at Cally. Everyone seems fine so far, so maybe she didn't say anything?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I grin at Hope, though it's a little pensive. I want to tell her what happened with Eve for her own safety, but I didn't want to ruin the fun mood.

But it's not long after that that Eve shows up and I feel like I've missed my window and I'm going to get hurt again! I cling myself to Serenity, holding on to her waist, and push my face into her back, trying to keep a low profile. Serenity would make sure she couldn't hurt me again, right? Serenity was a good person.

She didn't really need to worry about staying afloat, I was a strong swimmer even since I was stuck like this, I kicked my legs under the water gently and kind of tilted us back, half letting us float and half propelling us - a little away from Eve.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Accused

...This is really going to take some work, isn't it? Man, Eve really is in denial.

And she's the only one wearing a bathing suit! I float over to her and tease her, saying, "What's with the suit? It's only us here! Come on... it's fun!"

Shut down Eve: 2d6-1 7
Give Eve Prude

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It

Man, Hope is kind of insistent about this isn't she.

"I'm fine Hope. Maybe another time."

Spending a String to reduce the Shut Down to a 6

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Accused

I give her a pouty face and say, "You sure? You don't know what you're missing!"

Spend a string to boost it by 1!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It, Prude

"Yes! I'm sure!"

Giving Hope the condition Pushy

I do not need to deal with a weird attempt to recruit me into some kind of nudist swim club at the moment. I kind of forget I'm supposed to get with her as well.

"Can you give it a rest for a little while?"

Shut Hope Down: 2d6+3 9 Includes +1 from Pushy
Hope and Eve lose Strings on each other

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Accused, Pushy

I flinch and look away from her. Wow, I really upset her... I say, "Oh. Um, sorry. I didn't mean to pester you about it. You really don't have to if you don't want to. I mean, we're all just here to have fun, right?" I give her a half smile and then lean back and start to float in the water, drifting away from her. My red hair fans out behind me in the water, haloing my head.

Turn on Eve: 2d6+2 13

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 15, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It, Prude

Oh great, I blew it.

"Uh, that's okay. Don't worry about it." I watch her drift off. poo poo. Then again, maybe it's for the best. Still thinking about what Em wants with her. gently caress it, I'll talk to him about it later.

I look and see Cally trying to hide behind Serenity. I put on a smile and swim over to her. Why don't I try and get us back to where we were this morning?

"Hey Cally! Nice to see you!" I guess she's not going to say anything about earlier, thankfully.

Turn Cally On: 2d6 6

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile 2, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Brazen

"Don't worry, I am not taking any drugs and I really doubt I need to see a therapist right now." I smile as I slowly stand up glad that Jessica didn't feel the need to press on just how badly I was bruised the last time I saw her. It was tempting to just go home now and get the day over with but there was still a couple more things I had to deal with so I just shook my head. "Thanks for the offer but I am not ready to head back home quite yet. Also I may be out late so can you tell mum not to worry about feeding me tonight." I give my sister a quick wave as I head back out off the park, glad that I only had one person I had to explain things to tonight.

Once firmly out of sight of my sister I pull out my phone and send a quick text. Out of everything I have done today I think Frank might be the only person who might actually listen.

quote:

Hey Frank. Unless you have other plans can we try and meet up tonight?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Attention Seeker

I tread water apart from the girls for a while. Today has been weird - so much violence, so much drama. I've had this growing feeling since I started at this school that something was wrong. It's like that feeling you get when you enter a place that's haunted, but warmer. More alive. Something is different about these girls; if only I could just pick it out...

Gaze into the Truth: 2d6+1 10 Searching for clues about these monsters' true nature. Mark XP.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Good actor
Tokens: weird faerie stone thingy (Hope), notebook (Eve)

I'm almost home when I get Zack's text. Sure, why not? It'd be more interesting than whatever exercises Grandfather's got lined up. I send him a reply.

quote:

sure. any place in mind?

After a moment's consideration, I send him another. The guy's had a pretty rough day. He probably wants to vent, and I feel like I should let him know that that's fine.

quote:

you ok man?

I dash into the house to dump my stuff (except my cards) and freshen up. I pull one out of the deck as I head out the door. The Five of Swords. Huh. Loss, but also opportunity. The balance between despair and hope. Something to think about, anyway.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I smile in relief as I see that Frank is willing to meet up with me and so I quickly respond to him.

quote:

how about one of the diners near school?

Of course the next text he sends is a lot less pleasant. I just stare at the screen for almost a minute before sending back a reply.

quote:

and that's the million dollar question. i don't know what to feel right now.

I sigh as I put the phone away. At least he is willing to talk about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The diner is not exactly the nicest place in town, but the food is cheap and plentiful. Having managed to get there a bit earlier then Frank I grab us a table before I pull out my phone and begin to fiddle with it. Frank comes in only a couple minutes later and I wave him to the table. For some reason I remember a snippet of whatever messed up vision I had in the park when I see him but it is so confused that the most I can get out of it is that something hurts.

"So hows it going Frank?" I call out as he nears the table as I smile to banish the whatever stray thoughts had been floating through my mind.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3+1/5 | Conditions: Good actor

I glance at his second text as I walk toward the diner. Right, that's not ominous at all. poo poo, I hope his way of dealing with bad feelings doesn't involve punching people. Or trying to, anyway. Was it wrong of me to pre-emptively hex him? Should I warn him? How could I do that without sounding batshit insane? At least with Eve I could assume a certain basic understanding that magic was real...

I try to put those thoughts from my mind as he waves me over. He's just a guy who's been in a fight, then had his relationship drama broadcast to the whole class via the medium of lovely teenage acting. And I'm just another guy, who's going to try and make him feel better about it.

"Hey man. Good to see you. It's not going too bad, today was pretty crazy though, right?" I sit down opposite him, lean forward, and look him in the eye. "So... yeah. I got your text. I understand if it's hard to talk about, but... you know. I'm here if you want to vent."

Turn On Zack (+1 for Brazen)
(10:15:40 PM) Gato: !r 2d6
(10:15:41 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5 = 5
Experience for Hot, at least.

Gato fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 15, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Wendy - You drift over to shore and watch the girls play. All the girls seem to have something about them but . You focus on Hope, your true love. She's so impulsive, so free natured, so mystified by the world. She's also pressed her lips against you and several other people after know them for all of 5 or so days. But that is besides the point. You can't tell if she's naive or just lacks inhibitions. It makes you wonder where's she from or what her childhood was like. However, whenever you ask, she's oddly evasive about it. In you head, you can only think of some place heavily forested that doesn't get a lot of traffic. Lots of nature, some place filled with magic and mystical beasts. Yeah, that sounds like a proper birthplace for someone like Hope. What do you do?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I kind of...stared at Eve from behind Serenity's back as she greeted me, like she was trying to be cheerful. Like we hadn't just hit each other and she hadn't threatened to kill me. I didn't get it. I know it seems like I don't get a lot of things but this was like, especially nonsense. She was not someone who I think had a friendly bone in her entire body. I was sure this was a ploy, a trick. But this wasn't a place, this was supposed to be a safe place for me! With people who cared about me! Not...her. I hated her being here. She was the worst thing that had ever happened to me in my life. And she had taken another thing from me now, ruined it. I frowned.

"Eve, I'm not looking for any more trouble. Please just leave me alone, ok?" I muttered, clutching Serenity close to me. I'm sure she could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Attention Seeker

There's this thing about a Highland temper: it's like a gathering storm. My mother has it and I've seen her break a car window slamming a door shut. There's a story in my family that when my grandfather was found in bed with another woman, my grandmother didn't say a thing. He came home, she made him dinner, and then the next Friday she took a cricket bat to all of the windows. Grandpa Iain woke up to a note: "I've swept up all the glass. You'll have to replace the windows." And he knew. This poo poo runs in my blood and all I can think right now is: gently caress. That. Bitch.

I swim toward Eve. She's frightened and I think she doesn't know what to expect; she's too uncertain about my intentions. Too close for her to get away, I smile and bare my teeth. "Hey, oval office. Remember me?"

I don't pull hair. I put this boot in the crook of my elbow, squeeze, and pull her underwater.

Lash Out: 2d6-1 5 Burning my string and tagging Cornered to bump it to a 7. She can deal 1 harm to me, if she wishes.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It, Prude

This is going to be harder then I thought. Cally is still freaking out, and I'm trying to figure out how exactly I'm suppose to put her at ease when Wendy shows up and suddenly drags me underwater. I manage to elbow her before she brings me under.

Dealing 1 Harm back

gently caress gently caress poo poo what the gently caress I'm trying to be nice and now this goddamn rear end in a top hat is trying to kill me well gently caress her. I manage to struggle upward, free an arm, and slam it into her face before getting pulled under again. I wrap one hand around her throat and squeeze. Let's see you keep this up now.

Lash Out At Wendy: 2d6+2 12
Wendy takes 2 Harm

I guess I'm ruining my chances of actually doing what I'm supposed to but gently caress it I'm not dying here and not to her

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

It all happened very fast, suddenly Wendy was tackling Eve and then Eve was choking Wendy and they were both underwater!

Now, I loved being underwater, but while I was stuck like this I knew I couldn't breathe under it, so I was sure they couldn't either. But I couldn't pull them off, not effectively, not without risking myself, too. The only thing I could do...well...would be pretty obvious. But I'd rather be obvious then let some poor girl die because Eve makes everyone mad at her!

"Sorry for what's going to happen!" I quickly whisper to Serenity and I kiss her on the cheek - I'm not sure why I did that it just felt like the right thing to do.

<LifeGetsWorser> ok, two things
<LifeGetsWorser> first of all, Turn on
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+1 = 8

Tagged Exposed for that +1, again. So self/promise/string

Then I let her go, and I swum back, towards the shore, doing a backstroke. As I did that, I started singing, a wordless tune but a pretty song, I hoped. I just went "la la la" in time to the tune. Hopefully people would like it, and stop fighting, and follow me back to the shore.

<LifeGetsWorser> and then, siren song
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> phew

Everyone who can hear me (hopefully, everyone), will stumble entranced towards me until they would face harm or physical danger, and then they can choose:

- press forward and take the harm,
- or stop suddenly and gain the Condition dazed.

This is the sort of thing that people tended to get obsessed over my kind about. I didn't have a good song ready, before, and I hadn't found my voice. But now I had it. I hoped everyone heard it, and everyone could stop fighting and just...come with me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

"Yeah. Today really was something else." I say with a wry laugh as I force myself to ignore Frank's expression. I can't quite tell what it hints at but I can probably guess that is because he is disgusted with the way I acted today. But that really didn't matter, Frank was willing to talk with me so I needed to take advantage of this opportunity. "So yeah there is a couple things I want to talk about." At first I just talk about my day, making sure to mention both the times I passed out and what had happened in the nurse's office. For the most part this is all familiar stuff so it doesn't take too long to explain it to him.

As I talk to him my mind starts to ponder just how much more I should mention. For one insane moment I almost mention my special hairy phase but I catch myself just in time as there is no way he would deal with me if he knew that particular detail about me. Instead I decide to focus on just how off my emotional state is right now as that is what is worrying me the most right now. "You probably noticed just how...wild I was today. Well for some reason I could feel my blood pounding within my body which only served to encourage me to act wild, to let emotions rule over logic in most situations. This has happened before but never this strongly. Anyway then suddenly all that pressure, all that emotion just gets turned off and I find myself just feeling empty. And that worries me more then anything else for suddenly I felt as though a power cord was yanked from my body." Unsure just what else to say I slowly trail off as I take a quick sip of my drink as I await to hear Frank's response to all my current woes.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

I listen as Zack recounts today's events. That's... a hell of a day he's had, between the fights and the poo poo with Wendy and Hope. And sure, the guy really needs to work on his temper, and on his approach to making out with people not that I can really blame him for going for Hope like that but a lot of it's actually my fault - he wouldn't have ended up seeing the nurse if I hadn't antagonised Eve, and it was me who set off the fight in Drama by jumping into his makeout session. By the time he's finished, I can't help but feel sorry for him, and I can't help feeling like a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

But then he keeps on talking, about his blackouts and how he gets these... violent impulses, I guess, and how he feels empty without them, and alarm bells start ringing. Holy poo poo. Am I talking to a future axe murderer here? I mean, he's self-aware, sure, but he also makes it sound like it's getting worse...

I lean back in my chair and chuckle ruefully. "Man, you've got some issues alright. First off, let me say this: a lot of what happened today is on me, really. So...yeah, I'm sorry. I know you said you've got my back, but you might want to rethink that. Being a dickhead pretty much comes naturally to me. Last thing I want to do is get you into more poo poo. And as for the girls, just... let it be, I guess. You're gonna be here for years, let this be the one stupid thing you did back in freshman, you can laugh about it at graduation. Unless you're serious about... either... of them?" I tilt my head quizzically.

Then I take a deep breath. "But, you know... having said all that... dude, you need to get therapy. Like, now."
Shut Down Zack (+1 Brazen)
(7:53:16 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+2
(7:53:16 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5+2 = 7
Giving him the condition Headcase. He can give me one back.

Crap, that came out harsher than I meant. Oh God don't hurt me. Or... try to hurt me. Whatever.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 1/4 Experience 3/5 Conditions Dances with Wolves, Exposed

"Hey now Hope we don't want to force people. She's probably uncomfortable enough being the only one with a suit." Being sensitive to people's uptight nature is like the whole deal with this city education I think. Then Eve started making Cally uncomfortable. I was going to step in but what happened did so fast. Wendy started a fight! I thought she was cooler than that. They're like, totally hashing the good vibes of our secret spot. They need to cut it out if they ever want to be invited back.

Then the strange part happens. I wish violence was the strange part. Cally kissed me, that's not the strange part. It was how I felt when she started singing. I was going to head to shore to clear my head but I couldn't think about that anymore. All I could think of was her. I pressed forward closer until I was on the shore, unable to take my eyes off her. I wrapped my arms around her and tackled her to the sand, showering her with kisses.

giving self

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 2/5 Conditions: Accused, Pushy

I start to try and separate Wendy and Eve, yelling, "No, don't hit her!" I know Eve was a jerk earlier, but that doesn't make it ok to hurt her back! And then Eve really lays into Wendy! This is all going wr-

perfectly right. so perfectly right.

Before I know it, I'm on the beach, just laying down and listening to the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Nothing from back home even comes close!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF

I can see Wendy starting to slow down, lose the fight in her, and I release my grip. I grab her arm and pull her up to the surface with me. I gasp for air, but then

music

so beautiful

did i bring wendy with me or

whatever

suddenly i'm at the shore and lying down and everything's just fine

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Headcase

Frank gets the condition nervous

Just getting all my woes out there had made them seem a lot more manageable, especially to someone who was right in the thick of the entire mess. Frank did raise some interesting points about today, not the entire of not protecting him, because the idea of not doing that just seemed so appalling that I couldn't even consider it. No it was more about what to make of my two make out sessions today. The one with Hope definitely felt more intense, but what happened with Wendy seemed to be filled with so much more emotion. Of course with how everything turned out I have no idea just what to say about it now even if either of the girls would be still interested me, and of course that is discounting that scene I saw in the hallway of Wendy in somebody's arms in a way that seemed to indicate a level of intimacy that made everything more complicated.

Then Frank flat out tells me that I need to see a therapist and you know what? He has a point, I do need to work on my emotional issues. But it also proves that he just doesn't get the crux of my concerns. The biggest reason why I feel so uncertain. Without even thinking I slap the table hard and glare at him.

"You think I don't know that? You think I don't know that I have issues with controlling my emotions. I know that my ability to control myself is not the best. Not like it matters anymore. It feels as though those feelings have been yanked out of me!" I take a deep breath as I try not to bite his head off though it is already too late for that. "That's what is getting me. The feeling that somebody has dictated for me what I should feel and how I should act and that is something I just can't stand. "

Shut Down Frank (nervous): 2d6 8 Use nervous to boost roll

"I am sorry for snapping at you. This loss of control scares me more then anything else today and I just don't know what to do about it. I am glad that the rage has lessened, but having it done for me just feels wrong on so many levels. It is as though I am not capable of dealing with the issues myself."

Turn on Frank: 2d6+1 9

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Harm 3/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Attention Seeker

Wendy's head lies sideways in the sand, her mouth open, the water lapping gently against the right side of her face. Compared to her dynamic expressions in life, the approach of death brings peace. She's vulnerable, waiting for her true love to ride to her rescue and kiss her back to life.

Spending a String to offer an XP for Hope to come revive Wendy.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Good actor, nervous

I jump when he hits the table. Wouldn't you? The people in the diner look round briefly. I put up my hands in a submissive gesture. Like he's a big, angry, bear. Should I be playing dead, or running away? "No, man, it's cool. I was out of line, I said I'd listen... so, yeah. I'm sorry. Deep breaths, dude."

Promising Zack what I think he wants - a sympathetic ear.

"So you feel like you're not in control of your feelings. Wait, no. You feel like... somebody else is, like... affecting how you feel?" You know how crazy that sounds? I almost say. Not constructive. "... any ideas?" But there's this little sixth sense tingling at the back of my brain, the one that says that maybe, just maybe, something weird is going on...

"Hang on a sec." I take out my deck, and find the Moon. "Don't say anything. I figure we both get a chance to look crazy, right?" I place the Moon on the table in front of us. "Ok, that's you. You trusted me before, trust me on this." I shuffle the deck. "Ok, let's see what's going on here." I smile at him reassuringly. "It's not about, like, telling your fortune, it's just about... getting a different perspective, getting out of the box..."

Gaze into the abyss about Zack, the headcase
(8:33:07 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+3
(8:33:08 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 6+3 = 9
I'll spend a string to boost it to 10. The visions are lucid and detailed, the visions cure me of nervous.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I almost stop singing immediately as Serenity pulls me down into the sand with her, and I worry that I had messed something up and that she was mad with me somehow!

But then she starts just...kissing me. And I blush, deeply, but I keep singing, because I need to make sure Wendy's okay, right? I keep looking to make sure everyone's made it back to shore, and I see Wendy, but I'm not sure she's moving?

Then Serenity kisses me on the lips and I have to stop singing and oh no what does this even mean!?

This is a way more extreme reaction than normal. Yes, people tend to get drawn to my kind when we sing but like...how Hope and Eve did, not like...like this! How did it affect her so strongly!? Did she get the wrong impression somehow?

I tried to squirm my way out from under her for a moment, but I realized something I hadn't noticed before. My body pressing against hers', it felt...good? Good in a way I wasn't ready for, certainly.

I felt...overwhelmed. I lifted my hands to her shoulders to try and push herself, but instead I just ended up...touching her. Exploring her.

The rest of the beach...the rest of the world...seemed to kind of...go away.

I don't know how this'll work with the scene still going directly to Serenity and Cally's right or whatever, but...fade?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Accused, Pushy

The music stops suddenly, and still in a dreamy haze, I realize I'm lying down right next to Eve. She's got a nasty bruise on her back, but she looks ok. I give her a dazed smile and move to to hug her, grateful that Wendy didn't hurt her too badly, when I spot Wendy right on the shore. Her body is being gently lapped by waves.

She's not moving.

I freeze on my way to hug Eve, eyes growing wide in horror. I leap to my feet and bound over Eve, running to Wendy. I grab her hand and pull her the rest of the way out of the water. But she's still not moving! Oh man, what do I do... What do I do? I start tearing up, panicking over my friend's still body.

hold steady: 2d6-1 8

Wait, I saw this on TV! When people are unconscious, you're supposed to kiss them! And press on their chest! I frantically start kissing Wendy, crying in earnest now.

Suddenly, Wendy starts coughing up water, right into my mouth. Surprised, I tumble backwards and end up leaning back on my hands and butt, still crying while saying, "Oh man! I thought... I thought you were really dead! Don't scare me like that!"

Turn on: 2d6+2 9
Sexy first aid heals for two, I get an XP, and Wendy chooses to give a string, something I want, or herself.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 17, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF

I blink. What the gently caress just happened? I'm lying on the shore...Cally was singing and I wanted to come here and...I look up and she and Serentiy are now going at it. Right in front of us. Jesus Christ. I turn around and Hope is doing...first aid, kind of, on Wendy. Oh gently caress! She looks really bad! poo poo. I head over to my bag and grab the first aid kit I brought along. I bring it over to Hope.

"Here." Not sure what else to say. I wonder if I could get Em to give me some other tasks, because I don't think getting Cally or Hope to like me is going to happen anytime soon. God loving dammit. I see Serenity and Cally apparently don't care about what's going on.

"Serenity, if you and Cally aren't going to help can the two of you go somewhere private or something? I know you're the biggest goddamn hippie around but I hope that doesn't involve loving near people trying to do first aid."

Shut Serenity Down: 2d6+3 6 Includes +1 from Dances With Wolves

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Brazen, Headcase

I give Frank a slightly odd look as he pulls out a deck of tarot cards. I'd never beg him to care about this type of stuff and I doubt it is going to be much use for what is going on right now. Still, he has been willing to help me so I decide to draw a couple cards and just see where it all goes.

I leave the moon on the table as due to what I am it does seem appropriate. Unsure just how many cards I need to draw I pick four cards at random and see what I get. The first card seems to be the five of wands. The next card I draw is the ace of cups but for some reason my hands are slippy and when I place it on the table it appears to be upside down. I take more care with the third card which turns out to be the ten of swords. I still mess up with the final card as I put the king of cups upside down as well. Staring up at Frank I give him a small shrug.

"So what does this hand mean?"

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Franklin - You stare at The Moon. Your eyes are drawn to the wolf and the dog. The Id and the Super Ego. Two parts led in uncertainty by the dim light of the moon. You look up at Zack, he's already shown you both, the aggressive fierceness of the wolf and the submissive loyalty of the dog. He looks worryingly at the Moon, silently calling for any guidance in these dark times. You look back at the card and wolf is chained up and looks like he's in pain. The dog is pulling at the chains, trying to free the other. The look of anxiousness on the dog matches the anxiousness on Zack's face. Zack wants answers and freedom, two things to appease the Dog and the Wolf. What do you do?

Cali - The waves speak to you as Serenity does things that you don't quite understand but feel nice. They whisper secrets in your ear, secrets about Serenity. They tell you of her other loves, how Serenity has embraced Hope in the same way. What do you?
Gain a string on Hope.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Zack looks at me expectantly. Wouldn't want to disappoint now, huh? I almost go into my spiel about how the answers come from him as much as they come from the cards and yadda yadda yadda but I don't think he's super invested in this. I'm starting to feel a little stupid, so I pick over the cards, one by one.

The Moon. "You agree, that's you, right? Lost, confused, stuck in the wilderness, going a bit crazy?" I look over the rest. "There's lots of, like, formal methods for telling you who you're going to marry and all that jazz but, you know, that poo poo's stupid. It's just about pattern recognition, and, like, archetypes." I'm probably not making much sense. I point at the first card. "Five guys with big sticks. I'm not sure what they're trying to do, but it doesn't look like they're getting anywhere. So... conflict and wasted energy. Sound familiar, big guy?"

I move on. "That one's basically just water. You gotta think like an ancient alchemist. Water means creativity, emotion, intimacy. But it's flipped, so it means the opposite, or like, absence of water. Emptiness. Frustration. Something getting in the way of your feelings." I can't help but smile. Three for three, so far. My smile fades as I get to the next card. "Talk about overkill. That guy's not getting up any time soon. That's some pretty heavy poo poo you're dealing with." Heavier than a lovely temper and girl problems? I start to chew it over. What is going on with him?

And that's when I see it. I look back at the Moon. I never really noticed that the two animals were different before. But it makes sense, superego and id. What's a dog, anyway, except the bits of a wolf people actually like? Of course, we wouldn't have dogs without wolves. And you can bet that a dog would be pissed if you denied that.

The last card clinches it. "And this last guy... if we were being old-school, that has to be somebody else. Someone you know, or are gonna meet. But hell, maybe it's you too. Your call. Take a look at the guy. He's got his poo poo sorted out. He's sitting above the water - he's in control of his emotions, he's, like, harnessed his creativity and he's doing pretty well out of it. But it's reversed, so... yeah. You're not - he's not - in control. Lost at sea."

"So, here we are again. Your... anger, it means more than that, right? That's your energy, your drive. And now it's gone. There's something keeping the real you, the you want to be, keeping him shut down." I point at the Ten of Swords. Of all the cards to get... "Have I got the picture right?"

That something is me, isn't it?

Edited to account for prompt

Gato fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 17, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 Exp 3/5 Conditions: Accused, Pushy

I look up at Eve, thanks clear in my eyes as I take the First Aid kit. I flip it open, and... I have no idea what to do. Pills and bottles and cloth and scissors and tape and there's so much in here! Starting to panic again, I look back to Eve, desperate for help, "Please... I don't know any first aid! I only did that kiss thing now because it's what they do on TV! Just help her! I'll do anything!"

Offer an XP and Hope will owe her a favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

DARKEST SELF
Harm 1/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions: Cornered, Full of It, Prude

"Uh, okay. I'm not really an expert either but I'll see what I can do." poo poo. She had to offer to do anything, didn't she?

Taking the XP

I use a cloth to wipe the blood off her, and then take out some bandages and begin wrapping some around her face. I look at some of the pills in the kit. "We can give her one of these to help with any pain, but we should probably wait until she's awake."

• Locked thread