Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Heavy neutrino posted:

On the contrary, refusing to learn from Xuanming will lock you out of the cult route. There's a million things that can lock you out of various routes but this isn't one of them.

Thanks, this game kind of has one of the worst traits of JRPGs in that you need to understand everything or have a guide to know what leads to what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ehh, I find that's sort of the point. You aren't supposed to see/do everything in one playthrough. Blind holds some of the charm, makes decisions meaningful.

I do plan to dissect it play #2 though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also they really should have maps for these city sections as I'm desperately trying to find the pawn shop for the golden hairpin. I do not like how they're timed and I probably made a very bad mistake putting it on the third difficulty.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It's in the bottom right corner of that merchant area, there's a ˥-shaped building and the pawn shop around the corner bit. It took me a while to find too (and I didn't have the appraisal skill to successfully pass it either). I can take a screenshot tonight if you can't find it.

e: Sorry, added spoiler tag

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Crabtree posted:

Also they really should have maps for these city sections as I'm desperately trying to find the pawn shop for the golden hairpin. I do not like how they're timed and I probably made a very bad mistake putting it on the third difficulty.

It's in the bottom-right market section. Follow the line of buildings at the bottom up into the corner. And yeah, finding things is easily the worst part of the game.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's not that bad when you are circling the city like a race car. :agesilaus:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

It's not that bad when you are circling the city like a race car. :agesilaus:

100 Qingong (???) represent!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pladdicus posted:

100 Qingong (???) represent!
Actually 80 thanks to a speed pill and maxing hunting early. I am also glad that I translated qingong as Speed since it's more revelant now!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The valentines day gifts are insanely good. Best armor, +500 health and super cureall meds. Romance all ladies.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Pladdicus posted:

Ehh, I find that's sort of the point. You aren't supposed to see/do everything in one playthrough. Blind holds some of the charm, makes decisions meaningful.

I do plan to dissect it play #2 though.

It gets unreasonably obscure at times. I can't imagine more than one player in 500 would be able to figure out how to enter the utopia route on their own, with all the dependencies, time limitations and random rear end dead-ends that make it a total pain in the rear end even if you know exactly what to do (there's one event that will dead-end you if your music stat is under 50, and two that are available at the same time but have to be done in a specific order, or else you're hosed).

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

You can jump onto roofs and off of mountains. :psyduck:

Has this always been the case or does it depend on your quickness? Don't remember discovering this my first playthrough.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
You know, after sinking close to 150 hours into this game, my biggest hope for a DLC? Some costume stuff or something. I'm tired of my super martial arts fancy fan waving flame blasting man being the worst dressed person in the game. Except maybe some of the Beggars. Some of them don't look as cool. But you know what I mean. Or maybe it's just me and being tired of that blue shirt.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
This game looks pretty cool and I really liked Nyaa's LP, but I'm kinda worried about the translation issues that were mentioned. Have they been polished up much yet? And if not, is there some kind timeline as to when they'll clear it up?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tomn posted:

This game looks pretty cool and I really liked Nyaa's LP, but I'm kinda worried about the translation issues that were mentioned. Have they been polished up much yet? And if not, is there some kind timeline as to when they'll clear it up?
There isn't likely to be any polishing for the translation beside fan translation in the far future. These are a few untranslated scripts in the game that will be fixed in the next patch. The general consensus is the game is fun despite the annoying google translate quailty. Also a few amazing hong kong dub moment.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Nyaa posted:

There isn't likely to be any polishing for the translation beside fan translation in the far future. These are a few untranslated scripts in the game that will be fixed in the next patch. The general consensus is the game is fun despite the annoying google translate quailty. Also a few amazing hong kong dub moment.

Can vouch for this.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

In new news, in addition to the promised DLC being released in Chinese (and hopefully soon in English), the page for the prequel has gone up.

Most interestingly, it appears the developers made good on their promise and there is now a female protagonist (who is apparently grouped in the same school as Fu Jianhan, which amuses me because that joke somehow gets more funny the more I learn about it).

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What stats does Buddha's Nine Seals draw from? the starting fist style is twice as strong when it should be the opposite on paper.

Anyway the game's translation is both better and worse than I thought. The regular dialog is mostly ok in that it's mostly just awkwardly worded. Then you get entire pop quizzes on poems that's 100% in Chinese or untranslated pictures that you need for an entire part of the game. I can't complain too much though because the game is just as good as I imagined it and it's a miracle to be able to actually understand as much of it as I can. I hope it's English sells did enough to consider a better options on future games.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

DrManiac posted:

What stats does Buddha's Nine Seals draw from? the starting fist style is twice as strong when it should be the opposite on paper.

Anyway the game's translation is both better and worse than I thought. The regular dialog is mostly ok in that it's mostly just awkwardly worded. Then you get entire pop quizzes on poems that's 100% in Chinese or untranslated pictures that you need for an entire part of the game. I can't complain too much though because the game is just as good as I imagined it and it's a miracle to be able to actually understand as much of it as I can. I hope it's English sells did enough to consider a better options on future games.

Did they not give you the answer in the untranslated ones?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Does anyone know if there's a fan translation for the .7 or .9 versions of this poo poo?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Not that i know of.

There should be an announcement in three days. Hopefully it is about dlc 2 and not the prequel-sequel.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo, good to see you again, Nyaa.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks, I am chilling at traditional games and doing a CYOA if you are wondering where I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Pls, let this be my Christmas present.

• Locked thread