Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah, Styx's game is more or less Splinter Cell/Assassins Creed 1 in terms of general game mechanics. It's actually pretty fun and might be worth doing an LP of at some point. Haven't finished it though.

The writing is also leagues above the writing in this game, in that it doesn't rely on the constant use of "gently caress" to let us know the story is "mature."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah. On an unrelated note I've been playing Styx Master of Shadows on my first playthrough alongside recording this LP. I am really bad at stealth games :smith:

Edit - Styx's voice actor is Saul Jephcott.

What other works do you know him from?

Beyond Two Souls
Mars: War Logs
Empire: Total War

Master of Shadows is a pretty rough but pretty fair game. The only real annoyance I had with it was with the dangling/shimmy mechanics. Combat mechanics aren't that hot either, which is a weird thing to complain about in a stealth game, but it's true.

• Locked thread