Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

MartianAgitator posted:

compare any Dragon Age to Dishonored

Bioware in general tends to give the player a very binary choice. They may have gotten a little better at making it more of a choice (possessed baby - don't know if you made that up), but earlier titles like KotOR and Jade Empire gave you Good and Evil. Jade Empire tries to explain its Evil in an interesting way but it's still Good vs Evil, and you devote yourself down one path or the other for the whole game if you're playing the 'optimal' way. KotOR was a little painful at times with its lack of decent choices for good and evil dialogue because the light side choices all sounded naive and the dark side choices were puppy-stomping, over-the-top, dumb, violent remarks that more or less boiled down to, "shut up and eat lead, dirtbag. I'm here for blood."

As for Dishonored, I don't have much time to say everything about it (for the good of us all), but even its 'bad' ending makes sense and isn't hammy or corny in its attempt to portray the darker outcome.

e: Regarding the actual game being played, the whole cheesiness in combat seems less to me like you're abusing the game and more that it's relatively easy to avoid death with the duo going. I'm not sure if that's cheesing the system or the system not being balanced and having to let the player keep reviving the characters over and over. It could be a quick solution to a bigger problem they had. Not having played it myself though, I can't really say for sure. Just looks that way.

Ghost Stromboli fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread