Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaEM4JYFPfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the machine of a dream

such a clean machine

with the pistons a pumpin

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Current car, have had for less than month, 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon. Surprisingly fast, has every option for that year except for cooled seats and xenons. I got it for 1600 with 145,000 miles. It needed a few things so I spent 800 in repairs to get it almost perfect except for the rust spots which I may or may not do.

Before this I had a Saab 9000 but it was a piece of poo poo besides probably being a decent car out of the factory. It made me realize Saabs are super underrated especially for the price they are sold at. I'm not gonna include a picture.

Before (well, concurrently with) the 9000 I had a 1991 BMW 525i which I got with 88,000 miles for 3900 which might have been slightly too much I don't know, considering I wasn't told it would soon need a water pump, shocks, and brakes (got off Ebay). But once all that was sorted it was such a good car. Not fast, but handled perfectly. Completely on point, like on rails, never seen a car before or since that handled like that. I recently drove an F10 and it handled awesome in a different way and was similar in other ways too. With the 91 you could feel all the weight on the outside wheel as you went through a turn and you always knew where you were and what the car could do. Great driver feedback/feel. I sold it because I went overseas for another trip. The Saab is faster but w/e, for the prices I paid I wasn't exactly looking for maximum speed. I still miss the car.

edit resized holy poo poo

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 6, 2015

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

Current car, have had for less than month, 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon. Surprisingly fast, has every option for that year except for cooled seats and xenons. I got it for 1600 with 145,000 miles. It needed a few things so I spent 800 in repairs to get it almost perfect except for the rust spots which I may or may not do.

Before this I had a Saab 9000 but it was a piece of poo poo besides probably being a decent car out of the factory. It made me realize Saabs are super underrated especially for the price they are sold at. I'm not gonna include a picture.

Before (well, concurrently with) the 9000 I had a 1991 BMW 525i which I got with 88,000 miles for 3900 which might have been slightly too much I don't know, considering I wasn't told it would soon need a water pump, shocks, and brakes (got off Ebay). But once all that was sorted it was such a good car. Not fast, but handled perfectly. Completely on point, like on rails, never seen a car before or since that handled like that. I recently drove an F10 and it handled awesome in a different way and was similar in other ways too. With the 91 you could feel all the weight on the outside wheel as you went through a turn and you always knew where you were and what the car could do. Great driver feedback/feel. I sold it because I went overseas for another trip. The Saab is faster but w/e, for the prices I paid I wasn't exactly looking for maximum speed. I still miss the car.

nice job on having a black car, but holy poo poo that is an old car. are you going to replace it soon?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

nice job on having a black car, but holy poo poo that is an old car. are you going to replace it soon?

no, i like older cars. newer cars feel cramped with all the required safety features. the saab is super roomy. that said, there are a few new (german) cars I would buy if I had the money. But i'm not going to bust my rear end to get there when what I have is perfectly fine. I would never ever buy a new econobox when I could get a 10 or 20 year old luxury car.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

no, i like older cars. newer cars feel cramped with all the required safety features. the saab is super roomy. that said, there are a few new (german) cars I would buy if I had the money. But i'm not going to bust my rear end to get there when what I have is perfectly fine. I would never ever buy a new econobox when I could get a 10 or 20 year old luxury car.

idk maybe. i get where you are coming from but i like having a newer econobox with a new engine. just having the new car and taking care of it is really nice, i will have this same car for ten years

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

idk maybe. i get where you are coming from but i like having a newer econobox with a new engine. just having the new car and taking care of it is really nice, i will have this same car for ten years

fair enough, but can your fiesta do 120 on the highway and it feels like its doing 50? the bmw could.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8q2ejKAsHg

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

fair enough, but can your fiesta do 120 on the highway and it feels like its doing 50? the bmw could.

there is no situation where my fiesta needs to do that

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
http://youtu.be/0tdyU_gW6WE

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I drive a jeep unlimited rubicon too lazy to take a pic though, has 2k rims and a 2k badass bumper, and 2k roof rack, gets poo poo mpg; but looks BAD rear end and I'm swimming in gold digging skanks at least

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

how does it feel to not be as cool as me lmao

e: oh i got a '09 accord V6 6-speed too but w/e lol

rap music fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 7, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TEAYCHES posted:

there is no situation where my fiesta needs to do that

I need to do it all the time because i live a fast and furious life

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

I took this from my window because gently caress going outside at night in north philly to snap a pic of my whip

jk lmao im not a pussy, just naked

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Coolie Ghost posted:

I took this from my window because gently caress going outside at night in north philly to snap a pic of my whip

jk lmao im not a pussy, just naked
Nice legs/feet. Let's see the rest of it.

naem
May 29, 2011

The mustang is only $23,000 really?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ghost Head posted:

i have a 5000 dollar budget for buying a car. what should i get?

Do you have a family?
Buy a used GMC Safari van.

And then save the remaining $4,600 dollars for the constant repairs it will need.

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Nice legs/feet. Let's see the rest of it.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/McTidTO.jpg:nws:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i hate driving a car because you have to worry about not hurting people or things and if you do it wrong you can get in trouble

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ocean Book posted:

i hate driving a car because you have to worry about not hurting people or things and if you do it wrong you can get in trouble

You don't have to worry about anything. Teenagers do it, old people do it, people do it high and drunk. It's easy.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

This is my car. About 3 years ago I decided to stop fixing it and just replace it next time something over $500 went wrong. It now refuses to die and I'd really like a new car with working AC but nope, the Saturn got all reliable somehow after 6 months of everything possible going to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

thats a pretty poo poo car actually OP

yeah fiestas are pretty loving lame

• Locked thread