Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
assuming you're not in a designated off-leash area of course.

Why is this a problem?

If I'm walking a small dog on a leash your dog could run up and maul it.

If I'm walking a big dog on a leash your stupid yippy rat dog could pick a fight then get its throat torn out. Suddenly I'm the bad guy despite trying to be responsible .

Before you say "Fido is super well trained and wouldn't do that" you are probably wrong as only a retard wouldn't use a leash in the first place. More than likely your dog is barely under control and will run off the first time it sees something worth chasing.

Given the above, why the gently caress wouldn't you use a leash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If the end result is less annoying yappy little rat dogs, I don't understand how you can argue that this is a bad thing

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!
I had a friend who would pull his car over and start yelling at people walking their dogs without leashes. I always thought that he was just a huge rear end in a top hat and wondered what his problem was. Your completely valid points make a lot of sense, now I feel bad for telling him that he was a weirdo and that I can't be his friend anymore.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i keep my dog leashed muzzled and in a tight headlock at all times lest he go around mauling everything in sight OP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
my dogs are all outside dogs and honestly i have zero control over them, they roam the neighborhood and i'm told are essentially murder machines, killing other people's dogs, cats, ferrets, etc. wish i could do something about them, i really do, i think i'd be their victim if i tried putting them on a leash, if they knew i was writing this i'd be a dead man

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
OP, I don't think you understand that there is a big dog overpopulation problem. It sounds like this solves more problems than it causes.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Frank Serpico posted:

I had a friend who would pull his car over and start yelling at people walking their dogs without leashes. I always thought that he was just a huge rear end in a top hat and wondered what his problem was. Your completely valid points make a lot of sense, now I feel bad for telling him that he was a weirdo and that I can't be his friend anymore.

no he's definitely hosed in the head

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I agree with the OP.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
kill all pets

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
If the OP had a child he would know dogs are better

Mordacai
May 23, 2015

by Ralp
but dogs keep the arab muslims away.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Last week some jerk walked his retriever without a leash (it was 3am) and when the dog saw me it came directly at me. I heard the dude panic. And in a reflex I whipped my cock out and threatened to rape them both. Never seen such a scared dog in my life.

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Agree and have the the owner put down too

If you're gonna have a lovely yappy rat dog at least train it like a dog you vapid oval office

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

ShaunO posted:

Agree and have the the owner put down too

If you're gonna have a lovely yappy rat dog at least train it like a dog you vapid oval office

and your dog is a oval office too

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

haris pilton posted:

Last week some jerk walked his retriever without a leash (it was 3am) and when the dog saw me it came directly at me. I heard the dude panic. And in a reflex I whipped my cock out and threatened to rape them both. Never seen such a scared dog in my life.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Im walking my dog leashless right now op. What up, b?

Nah just kidding.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
im a big time dog guy

its just part of being a man, havin a dog by ur side... in the past the dog was the faithful companion on a hunt , and now he sits proudly in my subaru in the whole foods parking lot w/ the window cracked a lil, stinkin up muh car

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

its ckool just let him smell ur crotch a bit he's pondering your scent

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

lol he's just playful it's ok dont worry about it

why dont you like animals jumping all over you

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

walk my pitbull down the sidewalk and watch bitches act like im a hard nigga. cross that street

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

its not the animal its the owner

thats what i always say when ppl give me poo poo about my leopard

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

i cant help that it imprinted on me i have have a natural attractive musk to animals

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
leashes are a crutch for weak-willed betas who have no business being in command of a dog

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
you can train most dogs to do ok offleash but dont try it with sighthounds

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Last week the school I teach at had a fire drill and as the kids were lined up on the adjacent tennis courts a black Pitt Bull about a year old got away from his owner and started running over, presumably to play with all the kids. It's body language told me that he was probably the happiest dog I've ever seen, but I blocked the doorway to keep it from going in and licking a kid or something. It ran up to me, did that little bowing thing they do when they want to play, barked a few times and ran off as his owner ran after it to leash it.

That afternoon the principal honored me over the PA system for "putting myself between the kids and terrible danger", let me skip an afternoon meeting, and got me a Dunkin Donuts gift card the next day. LOL.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't care if your dog is friendly, I don't want some strange animal all up in my poo poo.

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
my dog is dead op you loving rear end in a top hat

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
no joke my dog died cause he got so old he no longer gave a poo poo about being dog-clean. he got an infection in his rear end and i ended up having to brush maggots from his necrotizing backside.

r.i.p. my furry friend..

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

solo humping pro posted:

my dog is dead op you loving rear end in a top hat

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
given the above why the gently caress would you have a dog

cat supremacy theyre as smart as humans thats why theyre lazy assholes just like us

you want some drooling retard that cant stop jumping around you because its too stupid to do anything else yuck no thanks

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
A few weeks ago I went to mighty taco to get some lunch, it was a nice day out and could use the walk. On the way back, I ordered 4 tacos and a medium slush btw, a dog ran up to me and ripped the bag out of my hands and ran away with it. The owner was chasing him, and I am like "What the gently caress man, your loving mutt just ruined my lunch." He threw a 20 dollar bill at me and said sorry, easiest 10 bucks I ever made.

That's my story.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
dogs are like people, there are some really stupid ones and some really great ones. however, unlike people, you can donate and kill the stupid ones

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Mr. Unlucky posted:

cat supremacy theyre as smart as humans thats why theyre lazy assholes just like us

Is that you or the toxoplasmosis talking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis#.22Crazy_cat_lady_syndrome.22

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

SpeedGem posted:

A few weeks ago I went to mighty taco to get some lunch, it was a nice day out and could use the walk. On the way back, I ordered 4 tacos and a medium slush btw, a dog ran up to me and ripped the bag out of my hands and ran away with it. The owner was chasing him, and I am like "What the gently caress man, your loving mutt just ruined my lunch." He threw a 20 dollar bill at me and said sorry, easiest 10 bucks I ever made.

That's my story.

lol you let a dog take your food you beta bitch

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
how can u call urself a goon if u dont have an unleashed german shepherd by you at all times ala vault-dweller/will smith

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I agree op, allah has proclaimed dogs as unclean. furthermore, they smell like white people

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

jarofpiss posted:

lol you let a dog take your food you beta bitch

"haha yeah.. y-you can have it i wasnt gonna really eat that anyway hahah..."

*looks down sheepishly and pivots foot timidly into the ground*

"...call me?"

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I'd say about 60% of dog owners should not be allowed to own dogs as they are not responsible enough and have purchased dogs for the wrong reasons ie: lonely, fashion accessories, etc

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I walk my pit bulls through the trailer park without a leash and no one seems to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Agreed OP

My two apt neighbors at my last apt had two dogs each and literally just opened the door and let the dogs run out and poo poo when they thought they wouldn't get caught

Literal scum

Then one of the dogs got hit by a car and I wish it had been my neighbors instead

• Locked thread