Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nagato posted:

ナイス日本語マイフレンド!オタク王様キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!

Nani? I don't understand your moonspeak, desuuu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
that white guy with the two animes girls with him

his eyes look really painful whats up with that

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Risky posted:

Does anyone remember that game blogger that was living in an internet cafe and had no way to get home or eat because he spent all his money on Japanese video games ?
That would be Tim Rogers. http://archives.insertcredit.com/features/fukubukuro/2004/june.html

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Then he ran in on a tourist visa one too many times and got banned from Japan. My friend got his TV and I got his column in GamesTM.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Isn't Tim Rogers the guy who used to write four thousand word long run-on rambling stream-of-consciousness stoner nonsense on kotaku?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Ryoshi posted:

Isn't Tim Rogers the guy who used to write four thousand word long run-on rambling stream-of-consciousness stoner nonsense on kotaku?

Yes

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ryoshi posted:

I Got My Fashion Sense from Video Games and You Can Too!

truly the voice of this generation

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Would

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Tim Rogers is actually good.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

first I was going to make fun of this dude's fashion sense but then I started skimming the article and holy poo poo this is the ubergoon

a supergoon above all others

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

wait that's a dude?

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Mange Mite posted:

wait that's a dude?

I would gently caress this dude, then marry him. Gaymerica.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Wall of Raisin Bran.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
I suppose this counts since I live here. "Sexual harassment spa"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Queen Gnome posted:

well good thing they have private rooms; at least you don't need to get stared at while you're being sexually harassed

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Moridin920 posted:

well good thing they have private rooms; at least you don't need to get stared at while you're being sexually harassed

I know right :kimchi:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Nobody gives a gently caress about bronies anymore so I give GBS a few decades to maybe finally get the gently caress over things Japanese.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress about bronies anymore so I give GBS a few decades to maybe finally get the gently caress over things Japanese.

When they stop being weirdo creeps then people will stop talking about how they're weirdo creeps.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://kotaku.com/5484581/japan-its-not-funny-anymore

Hobohemian posted:

When they stop being weirdo creeps then people will stop talking about how they're weirdo creeps.
I doubt it.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
"it's just a bunch of poo poo pandering to perverts and pedophiles." - Tim Rogers on anime. Correct as usual.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i've loved this article since it came out. it has a human being being owned by society over and over again, real truths about anime (wasurenai is still in every vocal song in anime) and has idiots still commenting on a 5 year old article like it was posted yesterday

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Queen Gnome posted:

What... is this place?

Telemundoz
Dec 23, 2014

CHEE

sincx posted:

What... is this place?

And where is it?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

sincx posted:

What... is this place?

Just a guess, but a spa where instead of doing the spa with other people (who may sexually harass you), you've got your own room to yourself free of sexual harassment.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

sincx posted:

What... is this place?
A themed Kyabakura in Shinjuku with a really funny web presence (:nws:)

quote:

Hostesses light cigarettes, pour drinks, offer flirtatious conversation, and sing karaoke to entertain customers. Hostesses can be seen as the modern counterpart of geishas, providing entertainment to the likes of groups of salarymen after work. A club will often also employ a female bartender, who is usually well-trained in mixology, and may also be the manager or mamasan. Hostess clubs are distinguished from strip clubs in that there is no dancing or nudity.

The "Sexual harassment" part is probably gratuitious sexy Engrish that doesn't actually mean what they think it means and they probably wouldn't even let you in if

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Al Cowens posted:

The "Sexual harassment" part is probably gratuitious sexy Engrish that doesn't actually mean what they think it means and they probably wouldn't even let you in if

Yeah, the truly messed up places don't have such prominent advertisements.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

they generally don't let foreigners in anyway

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I went to Japan in 1997 when I was 13. It was a sister city thing and everything in Japan looked normal, I didn't even see any anime while I was there. I was there for two weeks but I don't remember pooping, weird. The best thing about the maid cafes is that only losers go to them.

Here's some hairy bikers in a maid cafe documentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R44D3COma54

Here's a goon on his way to Japan via the Japanese-American underwater tunnel.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I've got thousands of photos from my japan trips, but here's a few more from the pilgrimage trip:
My friend crushing some rando at shogi. These kids were chainsmoking and getting drunk all eve at the spa while their parents slept in the nap room:

Massage chairs refilling my HP after a hard day on the trail:

Found a texmex place in tokyo, felt like home:

Engrish still makes me lol:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've got thousands of photos from my japan trips, but here's a few more from the pilgrimage trip:
My friend crushing some rando at shogi. These kids were chainsmoking and getting drunk all eve at the spa while their parents slept in the nap room:

Massage chairs refilling my HP after a hard day on the trail:

Found a texmex place in tokyo, felt like home:

Engrish still makes me lol:

We have the same shoes. Just thought you should know.

Edit: oh yeah. Some anime is good but some of it is bad also.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Why is Japanese food good in Japan but tastes like complete poo poo in the US? Do we get all the lovely Japanese chefs that couldn't hack it in Japan?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

littleorv posted:

We have the same shoes. Just thought you should know.

Edit: oh yeah. Some anime is good but some of it is bad also.

I'm over the airmax's. Put 700miles hiking in them and my feet never hurt so much in my life. The lunar glide and pegasus are much more comfy.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

iroguebot posted:

I would gently caress this dude, then marry him. Gaymerica.

id wank onto his face but not call back

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yaos posted:

Why is Japanese food good in Japan but tastes like complete poo poo in the US? Do we get all the lovely Japanese chefs that couldn't hack it in Japan?

It depends on the region

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yaos posted:

Panda Express is not Japanese

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
this girl looks like a turtle

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Horniest Manticore posted:

this girl looks like a turtle

Koopa Trooper

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGeXSs_3ck

Luitpold fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 5, 2015

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm going to grope this guy if I ever see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Queen Gnome posted:

why hello there attractive goonnette. short shorts and tights is a hot look, well done

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread