Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I'm sorry but if you name your dog spot or rover or something that wouldn't pass for a person name you are trash and your dog should be taken away from you and given to decent people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
named my dog "im gay" so I can shout it in the park

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think you should be allowed to publicly broadcast your opinions about things, OP

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

My dogs are called Veto and Boycott because gently caress You thats why.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
muhammad

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My dogs names are the Porkchop Kid and Chuckleberry Hound, think those are both pretty dignified, wish I was given such a name

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it really matters what kind of vibration you make through the air in order to reference a bit of biological matter you have some pointless association with especially if you have the interior decorating skill of a mid level accountant

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan posted:

it really matters what kind of vibration you make through the air in order to reference a bit of biological matter you have some pointless association with

what's it like, being you

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
One of the best dogs I ever met was named Grandma. That's dignified, and so was she.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stoic Commie posted:

what's it like, being you

ranges from gently caress awful to sort of alright depending on how many uppers im on

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Robo Reagan posted:

it really matters what kind of vibration you make through the air in order to reference a bit of biological matter you have some pointless association with especially if you have the interior decorating skill of a mid level accountant

I was with you up until you said "pointless association." There's always a reason to have a dog in your life. Dogs own.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Robo Reagan posted:

ranges from gently caress awful to sort of alright depending on how many uppers im on

You should get a dog.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Flufflewumps

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
Adolf

(german shepherd, duh)

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

barchimedes

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

My dogs are called Weenor and Wigglebum. They have other names but that's what I call them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if i had a dog i would name him poop, because it is a funny word and dogs do it a lot.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
My dogs name is Daisy, and she is a proper southern gal

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the name should be a double edged sword. i wanna name my future dog Roofus

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i also believe that they should have names originating from the same culture as their individual breed. mutts, you can get creative.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

named my dog "im gay" so I can shout it in the park

IM GAY

GET OVER HERE NOW

IM GAY COME BACK

IM GAY ROLL OVER

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
You shouldn't name pets people names because they aren't people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey this dog seems pretty cool

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Jimson posted:

My dogs name is Daisy, and she is a proper southern gal

What's it like, in the durrrty south?

My dog is named Buddy, after some dude named grandpa who reared my mom. Betsy was the dog I had before I had to murder it. She was found on July 5th, so we named her after Betsy Ross and poo poo. :911:

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Ironic names are the best. Like a mastiff named Tiny. Or a littl yorkie named Hercules etc

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

1 is lame, better to have a name with more than one syllable. Like 7

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Three Olives posted:

I'm sorry but if you name your dog spot or rover or something that wouldn't pass for a person name you are trash and your dog should be taken away from you and given to decent people.

My parents named me "Cole". My name is literally "Cole". It's the stupidest name ever. Nobody would ever name their pet "Cole" unless it was a three legged turtle or something.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My favorite dog ever was named Dolly. I've had dogs since that don't compare and i shoved them back into the animal shelter they came from. :rip: that dog. Cats only for me from here on out. I like other people's dogs but I've put 15 years of my life into that dog and I have no desire to put another decade into shaping another dog into a similar state of good dog.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have a fawn pug named Dracula

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
All dogs should be named biscuit.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Gonna get a german shepard and name him Scheiße

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I named my dog dave. He was a rescue dog with some gay idiot name before, but I think dave is better.

My brother said I should name him syndrome, so that I could yell 'down syndrome' whenever the dog jumped up anywhere

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

SweetKarma posted:

My parents named me "Cole". My name is literally "Cole". It's the stupidest name ever. Nobody would ever name their pet "Cole" unless it was a three legged turtle or something.

sorry you were named after a type of slaw

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dogs are undignified and lick their own assholes. I can see why you wouldn't understand how this is a problem tho op

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just take good care of your dog, his name does not matter.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blue Train posted:

dogs are undignified and lick their own assholes. I can see why you wouldn't understand how this is a problem tho op

They are dignified and they haven't crushed your jugular only thanks to their gracious restraint.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't like giving pets human names. Had an American bobtail cat that clearly needed to be named "Stumpy," and when he got lonely we got another cat, which I named "Aux" since he was the auxiliary cat.

Before that I had a black and white cat I named "Tao."

My first pet was a collie that I named "Lassie" because I was like three years old at the time.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Blue Train posted:

If humans could do that what do you think would happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
My childhood dog was a yappy poo poo named Wilhelmina because my mom thought it was funny. She was always just Mina, or sometimes Meenie-head :3:

verbal enema posted:

IM GAY

GET OVER HERE NOW

IM GAY COME BACK

IM GAY ROLL OVER

BAD BOY, I'M GAY

• Locked thread