Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I have a couple of job interviews coming up next week and I'm kind of nervous because I haven't actually had a real job interview since high school so I don't have much interviewing experience. I had my first job interview when I was 16 and the manager was upset at the fact that I wore jeans to the interview. (I didn't know any better). It was a pretty bad first-time experience. I had a summer job in college where I just walked in and they hired me on the spot without an interview (best job I ever had). Then I worked for my grandfather's plumbing business for a few years. Then I got a trucking job. You don't have to interview for an entry-level trucking position. You just have to have a CDL and not smoke meth on a regular basis.

When I get nervous I get shaky and I feel like I can't breathe. Share some tips for relaxing and succeeding in a job interview. Don't be afraid to share your embarrassing interview moments because they will make me feel less like a loser if I make a fool of myself. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

don't be afraid to fart during the interview. it shows that you are relaxed and confident

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
to get over your anxiety, imagine the interviewer is naked. then if you like what you see just gently caress him like crazy.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Parallax Scroll posted:

don't be afraid to fart during the interview. it shows that you are relaxed and confident

Expanding on this, sit w your legs spread so as to highlight your bulge and further assert your alpha status

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Use somebody else's piss when they ask you to pee in a cup and you'll be confident during the interview

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
stuff your bra and your crotch

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Shart your pants before the interview.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
prepare questions in advance

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
just dont bother you're completely unemployable and it would be a waste of yours and theyre time sit at home and have a wank instead

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
One of the jobs I'm interviewing for is fedex. The other is for a Habitat for Humanity ReStore delivery driver position. I've heard that fedex is a soulless mega-corp with horrible management, and, while the ReStore is for a good cause, some of the people that work there look like they just got out of San Quentin. FedEx looks better on the resume, but the ReStore is expanding fast and the manager seems eager to put me into a management position which equals more pay.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Saalkin posted:

Shart your pants before the interview.

actually don't i just did this and it's awful

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

One of the jobs I'm interviewing for is fedex. The other is for a Habitat for Humanity ReStore delivery driver position. I've heard that fedex is a soulless mega-corp with horrible management, and, while the ReStore is for a good cause, some of the people that work there look like they just got out of San Quentin. FedEx looks better on the resume, but the ReStore is expanding fast and the manager seems eager to put me into a management position which equals more pay.

with that attitude you wont get neither, like i said your unemployable dole scum get back in the gutter

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
god the smell just won't go away

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Shirley Crabtree posted:

with that attitude you wont get neither, like i said your unemployable dole scum get back in the gutter

I could get a local trucking position, but I need at least one year of otr trucking experience and I'd rather slit my eyeballs with a hot knife than do that.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

I could get a local trucking position, but I need at least one year of otr trucking experience and I'd rather slit my eyeballs with a hot knife than do that.

perhaps you could take a job cleaning poo from toilets, they don't really care what your attitude is and clearly you have a bad one when it comes to having to do actual work of any kind

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

SweetKarma posted:

IShare some tips for relaxing and succeeding in a job interview.

dont go to the interview. on your way home, pick up doritos, mt dew and world of warcraft

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Black sneakers are not dress shoes

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Skilleddk posted:

dont go to the interview. on your way home, pick up doritos, mt dew and world of warcraft

I can't buy those things you mentioned that I obviously love without a job!! Thanks alot Obama.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

BigBoss posted:

Black sneakers are not dress shoes

Don't worry I got me some nice streetcars. I also got me a pair of dockers (a little baggy, but not "cholo" baggy), and a navy blue polo shirt.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I WORK VERY WELL ON MY OWN INITIATIVE AND ALSO AS PART OF A TEAM

drop that little bombshell on them op, you can't lose. don't think of any specific examples beforehand, those would only bore them

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ask the interviewer if they have stairs in their house and when they pretend to be confused about the question begin screaming obscenities as loud as possible

You will get job 100%

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

the worst stewie posted:

I WORK VERY WELL ON MY OWN INITIATIVE AND ALSO AS PART OF A TEAM

drop that little bombshell on them op, you can't lose. don't think of any specific examples beforehand, those would only bore them

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
join the local labourer's union and work like a real man and get paid real man dollars

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My strategy for programmer interviews is to act desperate. I say I'll work for minimum wage and no benefits.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

join the local labourer's union and work like a real man and get paid real man dollars

I missed out on the hvac/steamfitter/plumber testing deadline. It was back in april. I got drunk the day before and forgot about it.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
when you meet the interviewer, to make a good impression, suck in your lips and face really hard and swallow your tongue. this allows him to understand that you are the dominant male in the room.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

SweetKarma posted:

I missed out on the hvac/steamfitter/plumber testing deadline. It was back in april. I got drunk the day before and forgot about it.

make sure you tell your interviewer that then

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
bring a small handful of peanuts on one pocket, and pennies in the other. using the pennies and peanuts, spell out the interviewers name in pennies, and your own in peanuts. this is a vague way of telling them you would like to be paid in real money.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Ape Fist posted:

bring a small handful of peanuts on one pocket, and pennies in the other. using the pennies and peanuts, spell out the interviewers name in pennies, and your own in peanuts. this is a vague way of telling them you would like to be paid in real money.

Awesome, doing this for my interview with 3M.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
use economic graphs to try to get a living wage

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

quote lines from the 1985 movie 'Ladyhawke' in your C.V. anything by the deranged monk character is useful for compsci jobs.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
murder the ceo because then, according to right of conquest, you are the new ceo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

never break eye contact or even blink. it will show dominance and willpower

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

print off all of the images you find on a pinterest search for 'bath towels' and give them to one of the girls in HR. similar to the hit TV show 'The Office' love will likely bloom for you later in the year. try to use company printers and full colour ink to save money.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
My interviewers name is Darry. Is that a guy name?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
darryl it probably just cut off the l

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

SweetKarma posted:

My interviewers name is Darry. Is that a guy name?

Dress skanky just in case. Sex sells!

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I had an interview the other day and I hosed it up from the get-go.

Interviewer: First of all, thank you for coming
Me: That's OK, I'd rather be here than at work

:(

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
a job interview is basically just an hour conversation for someone to see if you can do a job, so the easiest way to convince them of this is to simply assume you already have the job and answer questions like that, so I guess confidently and non-retardedly. if you're nervous all the time on the job then I dono, grab a drink before the interview or whatever, just remember to be chill and not an idiot, but ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

rabble rabble posted:

a job interview is basically just an hour conversation for someone to see if you can do a job, so the easiest way to convince them of this is to simply assume you already have the job and answer questions like that, so I guess confidently and non-retardedly. if you're nervous all the time on the job then I dono, grab a drink before the interview or whatever, just remember to be chill and not an idiot, but ymmv

An hour? Kill me now.

• Locked thread