Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
There is more to it than bucket of dice definitely. I probably need to watch the video again but in my limited experience so far it is much more about positioning and managing your limited number if actions to get the most out of your character each turn. Scenery and height is a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
So some bad news for the Batman community, the Batbuilder is officially dead. The guys running it couldn't afford to keep it going and couldn't sort anything out with knight models.

It sounds like there a few people working on a replacement system but if you would like to buy the Batbuilder and run it yourself then it can reportedly be yours for just £6000.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Cross posting from the oath thread, here is my attempt at Victor Zsasz and the Arkham Lunatics. Which sounds like a weird rock band tbh.

I was trying for something that was neither tones of black/grey/dark blue nor the typical Blackgate prison orange. I was shooting for grubby off-white straight jackets.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

October news coming in. First release pic is.... Scarecrow gang!

The rest of the month is looking pretty loaded with this lot coming out:

Arkham knight
Wonderland gang
Scarecrow militia
Militia brute
Robin markers
Nightwing markers
Lamp post set 3

That there is two new crew sets which I think means that the only crews from the rulebook still to get a crew set are Mr Freeze and Organised Crime. As last month had the Riddler Bot crew and Hugo Strange with Arkham Inmates I guess they will probably be filling those gaps in November. Which is cool.

The other news is that a new errata update has been released:

http://www.batmanminiaturegame.com/forums/english/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=979&sid=5cabf6ccd1bbe86116dcf0ee0fb10602

-Poison Ivy Blister. Her weapon Sprinkling Spores gains the Gas rule.

-Scarecrow Arkham City and Scarecrow Dark Knight Returns their Drug Spray weapons gain the Gas rule.

-Mr. Freeze his weapons gain the Cold rule.

-Solomon Grundy and The Swamp Thing gain Supernatural trait.

-Deathstroke Arkham Origins, gains in his Rank ''Sidekick Scarecrow''.

-Joker Gas Cannister will be considered to have the Gas rule.

The Deathstroke change means that you can use the mercs from the Scarecrow crew under Deathstroke's leadership without taking Scarecrow and run them as a Deathstroke themed crew if you want. The internets appear pleased.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The Wonderland Gang are revealed:

Cards are shown off here:

http://feedly.com/i/subscription/feed/http://acl-extra.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

Short version:
The Mad Hatter is actually leader and can hypnotise people (and scores 1VP each time he does) and charm them into not hitting him. Tweedledum & Tweedledee are henchmen who can also be taken by a Joker crew and pack big guns. They are less effective if not both on the table together and both have the bodyguard rule allowing them to take hits for another character. The White Rabbit not only looks like a playboy bunny but is classed as a Free Agent and can also be taken by a Bane Crew for reasons I’m not familiar with. She apparently has all of the acrobatic abilities so will move fast and be hard to pin down and Bluff which can reduce an enemy models attacks by 1.

Overall, they look like they are a crew designed to avoid getting hit by either mitigating damage or by letting the henchmen take the hits first. I'm interested, particularly as most of the models can be used in two crews. Not that I need to be picking up another crew right now...

Personally I was hoping for something a bit more Arkham City styled but going with the comic book look works too I think as there is already alot of videogame based adaptations out already. I'm sure they will eventually have an alternative version so there is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

So time for the late October news round up. The rest of this months releases were revealed. First up, the Arkham Knight:

Comic book Talia Al Ghul. Rules card shows that she can be taken as a sidekick for both League of Shadows and Lexcorp, meaning that am emtirely new crew not in the rulebook is on the way:

(Scarecrow) Militia Brute 1. The '1' implying there will be more:

And finally, Sewer & Lamppost set 3, which is an MDF kit while the previous sets were metal:

Aside from the Talia card revealing that there will be a Lexcorp crew and mutterings about superheroes breaking the meta, Knight Models have made a more surprising surprise announcement.

Not the Asylum, that image has been out for ages. The announcement is Knight Models Legends, which it turns out is something like GW's Forge World brand. It is going to be a range of web store exclusive premium/niche model kits possibly using materials other than KM's main lines (meaning resin rather than metal). The Asylum which is three feet wide and will surely cost a fortune that hardly any shop is going to stock is one such item, and another is this teasr of the Arkham Knight Batmobile.

The Legends range is also going to do alternative sculpts of existing characters, so we will probably see some awesome resin Batmans in dynamic poses that would be a bitch to make in metal or offer as the standard model because they keep falling over or something. More Jokers seems inevitable. Who knows, I'm sure they will be gorgeous. Facebook statements on it all are:

quote:

Knight Models
20 October at 11:23 ·

Good morning, we are glad to introduce you our new brand of products: Knight Models Legends!
This brand is intended to be used to release new ranges of special models and awesome stuff for Batman Miniature Game and projects in the future.
To celebrate the presentation of this new brand we would like to share with you a sneak preview of one of our future releases. What do you think it is? and most important...what do you expect of this new brand?

quote:

Knight Models

Due to the questions, guesses and predictions from the community following the reveal of Knight Models Legends this week, we would like to explain a little more about our new brand and what the future will hold for it.

Knight Models Legends was created with the idea of bringing the magic of comic book universes to our original product range. Iconic Buildings, detailed vehicles and even alternate miniature lines will all become reality with this new brand. We will be using different materials such as resin for many future releases as we would like KM Legends to be known for its superior quality.

The entire Knight Models Legends range will only be available in our online store, so we thought this would be a great time to combine it with the release of an entire new website design. One of the first new products you will find on there after launch will be our alredy famous Arkham Asylum.

We hope you are as excited by this new project as we are and we promise that this will be a VERY special new year at Knight Models. All of this is thanks to you, the fans!

• Locked thread