Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Rumours of a new class release on wednesday, most likely gonna be Phoenix due to him being on pretty much all promo material lately, but I'm personally rooting for Redeye or Phantom.

I'd like to see more recons, the medics that are already in are good enough but there's only one recon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'd love a Recon with a weapon that isnt' a Sniper Rifle. SMG, Carbine, Knife only. Don't care, long as I don't have to sit back being useless

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
A bolt-action with a low-magnification scope (or even ironsights) would be really awesome in my opinion.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

What's the deal with getting a "server is full" error while trying to join a friends game that is not actually full. It says that there are 14/14 people playing and it lists 14 people but there's only like 4 people playing. This happens often.

Microsoft Weird
Sep 11, 2007

Not sure what's happened with Phoenix, but Sparks is coming out on Wednesday, it's now confirmed. I assume they changed their minds and decided to stagger the release of the most sought after mercs (Red Eye, Stoker, Phoenix) a bit further just to be safe. Or maybe I'm wrong and we'll get a double medic update, for some reason.

Microsoft Weird
Sep 11, 2007

Sparks looks like a lot of fun to me, though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is this game DOA because it seems like no one is playing.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
There is truly nobody playing this game, that is currently one of the top-ten most played f2p Steam games.

I wonder if Sparks will actually have any place in ranked/comp play. A group of us have been doing rather well stacking ranked play and the loadouts and class distribution we use is fairly limited compared to pub play.

Also, I created us an IRC channel: #dirtybomb on synirc.net
There seems to be enough goon interest building that having a place to discuss it and find people to play with would be nice.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 16, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The long range revive is pretty cool. I could see some use to it, getting people up before the enemy can knife them is useful.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

schizopol posted:

Not sure what's happened with Phoenix, but Sparks is coming out on Wednesday, it's now confirmed. I assume they changed their minds and decided to stagger the release of the most sought after mercs (Red Eye, Stoker, Phoenix) a bit further just to be safe. Or maybe I'm wrong and we'll get a double medic update, for some reason.

Phoenix, sought after? Wasn't he like, the worst medic by a good margin due to his aoe heal being poo poo?

Knifegrab posted:

Is this game DOA because it seems like no one is playing.

http://steamcharts.com/app/333930
Seems pretty decent considering it only recently came out of closed beta.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I know my cue time is around thirty seconds, even during dirty Eurozone time where most Free to play games are loving dead.

Microsoft Weird
Sep 11, 2007

Nalesh posted:

Phoenix, sought after? Wasn't he like, the worst medic by a good margin due to his aoe heal being poo poo?

http://steamcharts.com/app/333930
Seems pretty decent considering it only recently came out of closed beta.

people keep asking about him at the dev Q&As. I have no idea how well he handled in the closed alpha but he has had more buzz over the self-revive than, say, thunder - who looks stronger. and ofc phoenix is on all the press materials, which feeds it.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Nalesh posted:

Let's not forget how many pubbies play Rhino and Vasili. The self reviving medic would likely be popular with them.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Phoenix was by far the most popular merc when he was still available in the game. The aoe heal sucks at healing teammates but not yourself so of course every pubbie was running him to get back up after being downed.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Any euros playing this? It's fun and all but it gets tiresome playing with pubs.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crimor/

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Next free rotation is Vassili, Rhino & Bushwacker.

https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/610493332582608896

Hope you all own either a Nader or a Fragger if you do Pub matches. Gonna be wall to wall Aura/Rhino combos. With turrets.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Fans posted:

Next free rotation is Vassili, Rhino & Bushwacker.

https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/610493332582608896

Hope you all own either a Nader or a Fragger if you do Pub matches. Gonna be wall to wall Aura/Rhino combos. With turrets.

I just bought Nader so I'm pumped. :getin:

Considering buying Fletcher.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Oh and a really dumb thing I should have worked out ages ago, instead of holding down Q to cook Fragger's grenade and having to deal with the hassle of moving while holding down Q you can press 4 and pull the grenade out, then cook it with the mouse button.

Or I guess I could just rebind Q but :effort:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm stuck between choosing nader or fletcher, seen both of them played really well. any of you good at them that can post some pro/cons?

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Nalesh posted:

I'm stuck between choosing nader or fletcher, seen both of them played really well. any of you good at them that can post some pro/cons?

Nader drops a grenade on death, so you can play kamikaze and bathe in pubbie tears :getin:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Chikimiki posted:

Nader drops a grenade on death, so you can play kamikaze and bathe in pubbie tears :getin:

Martyrdom is fantastic because of the tendency of people to melee incap bodies to finish them off. Once you fall down, wait for your killer to come over to finish the job, pull the pin, and enjoy your just desserts.

Like a lot of things in Dirty Bomb this was in Brink too but it's so much more enjoyable here.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wait, so sparks is a medic, with the MP(My favourite weapon so far), and medpacks? Ohgod I found a third person for the nader/fletcher choice.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The medpacks aren't as good as Sawbones, they're small instant heals like the ones dropped if you have the perk that drops health when you kill. No regen.

On the other hand, long range Shock Paddles that doubles as a sniper rifle? Pretty neat.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Chikimiki posted:

How does Nadar grenades work exactly? Is it like Fragger grenade but fired from something like the TF2 Demoman Grenade Launcher?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
When you press Q you pull out your grenade launcher, which can store up to 5 grenades and regens one grenade every 7 seconds.

Her launchers grenades are just like the TF2's Demomans, in that they will explode if they directly hit something (or someone) otherwise they take 1.4 seconds to explode. They do half the damage of Fragger's grenades so it'll take two hits to kill someone. Usually they soften them up enough that you can rush in and finish them off with your SMG. Or your suicide grenade if you gently caress up and die.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Suicide Rushing the objective to setup a good martyrdom is half the fun of Nader.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I only need 7000 creds to unlock nader. Looking forward to it.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
How often do the mercs rotate? I just started playing about a week ago and I'm really liking Sawbonez, even got what I consider to be a pretty decent bronze card for him.

Guess it's time to try out other dudes, though.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Fano posted:

How often do the mercs rotate? I just started playing about a week ago and I'm really liking Sawbonez, even got what I consider to be a pretty decent bronze card for him.

Guess it's time to try out other dudes, though.

Once a week.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
While an Engineer should be your first pick I'd highly recommend Sawbones as your second if you want to play medic. He's real good and Aura doesn't work well in Competitive.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm grabbing Fletcher so my comp loadout can be Sawbonez/Fletcher/Nader.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
I really like Fletcher. It feels like people I play against aren’t able to deal with his Sticky Bombs although I am sure this will change as time goes on as more people play as him.

It feels like the explosion damage and radius on stickies is fairly small so they are good for taking a chunk out of an opponent and then finishing them off with guns. Of course you can also lay traps of up to 3 bombs which is enough to kill. They also persist after death so you can plant C4, lay a trap and then blow it up after you respawn to hopefully kill the defuser.

The major downside in my mind is it takes 2 stickies to kill a deployable. I might be mistaken but I am sure I have never taken out a heal station or turret with only 1 sticky. I may be wrong though.

Also stickies regenerate really fast so throw those things out like candy.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I've seen a lot of people lob three on the roof of the containers in the train map, so i always shoot the poo poo out those any time i need to get near them.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-the-full-dirty-bomb-e3-trailer-and-get-a-free-mercenary/ PC Gamer is giving away Fragger if watch this.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
Picked this up cuz of F2p... not bad so far for free. How much pay to win will this end up being is the question.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It is a little pay to progress, nothing is this game is locked behind a pay wall.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

You don't need to watch anything, just enter your email and they'll give you a key.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
As some one that is still angry that I bought brink, should I try this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
You don't have to pay a penny to try this so there's no reason not to really.

• Locked thread