Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I'm serious about this. You guys are awfully mean and if you want to get active posters with a new perspective to give a jumpstart to this forum, you should take it upon yourself to nurture them and show them the ropes.

So look, poster to poster, next time you read a bad post and feel the urge to right "suck my dick OP" or whatever, how about writing this instead: "Hi OP! I've noticed you posting in this forum and I really appreciate the kind of insights you bring to the table! But listen, maybe your posting could be improved if you just did x, y and z!"

This would honestly help GBS overall by mitigating the exclusionary atmosphere with an earnest effort to help new posters. And the new posters, in turn, would be more likely to continue trying to refine their posting style until they fit in. It's a win-win.

Let's do it, GBS. Let's be the forum that *helps* rather than *hurts.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
First post

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Suck this delicious popsicle op

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Hi OP! I've noticed you posting in this forum and I really appreciate the kind of insights you bring to the table! But listen, maybe your posting could be improved if you just sucked my dick op!

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I feel like you guys are almost getting this, but somehow not quite there.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I'm never rude OP. I'm the nicest poster on the forums.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
please, humbly gas this thread and comsider a ban of the OP

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress the OP

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

Inevitable posted:

I feel like you guys are almost getting this, but somehow not quite there.

Go gently caress a beautiful consenting man or woman depending on your orientation, you piece of candy.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
OP literally can not stop sucking dicks

Quite the spectacle, wish there was something we could do to help his addiction/affliction

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
why would you want this place to thrive and be good??? it BOGGLES the mind. cover me in cum and call me a donkeyfucker, op

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

OP literally can not stop sucking dicks

Quite the spectacle, wish there was something we could do to help his addiction/affliction

Well it sounds like whatever happens in the end, at least we're getting our dicks sucked.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Can we please just cut through the irony and anger for a minute and try to have a serious discussion?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
OP, I cordially invite you, in the immortal words of Something Awful Forums poster "dad gay. so what" (PBUH) to "suck my drat balls"

Sincerely,

ANIME IS BLOOD

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inevitable posted:

Can we please just cut through the irony and anger for a minute and try to have a serious discussion?

I just can't get past your foreskin AV with a bee on it. I'm sorry

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If you're in the nw I guess I could go for a blowjob, any preference on glory holes op?

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm inclined to agree. Who wants to post in a forum when the whole first page of every thread is people telling you to go gently caress yourself?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

lets have sex tohrther

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

:snoper:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we need to start actually punishing people who poo poo their worthless threads that no one wants to read all over gbs

the gas chamber is for reference of what poo poo threads look like its not supposed to be the entire punishment itself

if most gbs posters were actually funny this wouldnt be necessary but here we are

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
get facefucked OP

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gary oldmans diary posted:

we need to start actually punishing people who poo poo their worthless threads that no one wants to read all over gbs

the gas chamber is for reference of what poo poo threads look like its not supposed to be the entire punishment itself

if most gbs posters were actually funny this wouldnt be necessary but here we are

Gas chamber is good reading tho

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

how will whether a thread is poo poo or not be determined? threads with terrible OPs can still be fun (the max payne image thread), and threads with well thought out OPs can still be terrible (that stupid emoticon theatre thing).

i agree that a lot of people arent funny, and i say people who are consistently worthless but not offensive enough to be probated should start being probated. start with Not_Rainbow_Horse. i have never seen him post anything of any worth.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

It looks like the current idea to improve the forums is to put good posters on week long probations, op

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

Gas chamber is good reading tho

it's where ralp puts the good threads after all

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Business Gorillas posted:

It looks like the current idea to improve the forums is to put good posters on week long probations, op

Well then the OP has nothing to worry about.

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
i would like it if the op (or anyone for that matter lol) sucked on my drat balls

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

yeah, this and overly aggressive banning of otherwise good posters needs to stop

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I'm glad that i, business gorillas, do not have to worry about this culling of good posters

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Op, it's because my posts are bad

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW

Op, it's because my posts are bad

as a casual observer, i have always found your posts to be good

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
keep your head down i guess fwiw

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

dad gay wasn't a good poster.

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW

General Tofu posted:

dad gay wasn't a good poster.

agreed

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW
in fact it almost seemed like his entire reason for existing was to be horrible and as intentionally useless as possible.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

dad gay is hit-or-miss, but he adds something unique to gbs, and it is a worse place without him

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah you don't find boring assholes spamming 'wacky' 'random' and 'edgy' poo poo anywhere else on the loving internet

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't want new posters here, i want to swear back at the same couple dozen people every day until i die.

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by XyloJW

Tujague posted:

Yeah you don't find boring assholes spamming 'wacky' 'random' and 'edgy' poo poo anywhere else on the loving internet

i wonder if the point has something to do with the context of GBS stuff like your current post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ballass posted:

i wonder if the point has something to do with the context of GBS stuff like your current post

Oh poo poo you're right sorry

• Locked thread