Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I'm serious about this. You guys are awfully mean and if you want to get active posters with a new perspective to give a jumpstart to this forum, you should take it upon yourself to nurture them and show them the ropes.

So look, poster to poster, next time you read a bad post and feel the urge to right "suck my dick OP" or whatever, how about writing this instead: "Hi OP! I've noticed you posting in this forum and I really appreciate the kind of insights you bring to the table! But listen, maybe your posting could be improved if you just did x, y and z!"

This would honestly help GBS overall by mitigating the exclusionary atmosphere with an earnest effort to help new posters. And the new posters, in turn, would be more likely to continue trying to refine their posting style until they fit in. It's a win-win.

Let's do it, GBS. Let's be the forum that *helps* rather than *hurts.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I feel like you guys are almost getting this, but somehow not quite there.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Can we please just cut through the irony and anger for a minute and try to have a serious discussion?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Well, a sincere (sincere mind you) offer of a blowjob, or a sincere request for a blowjob, is one thing, but too often the suggestions to suck dick are clearly aggressive bullying. If people *really* want their dicks sucked, then post away I guess. Although maybe we should have a separate thread for that purpose.

• Locked thread