Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Crimson Sox posted:

Not surprising since they signed Dansby Swanson more than $2M under slot value

I can't tell if the DBacks new front office is good, bad or insane. I feel like you need one of those Batman themed D&D ethical/moral alignment charts to explain how they operate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Inspector_666 posted:

How did they swing that one?

I'm sure Dbacks had all the leverage during negotiations because

1. If he doesn't sign, he'll have to go back to school and risk himself to injuries, poor season etc.
2. Next years draft class is considered to be better than this years so he's not guaranteed to go #1 overall again even he keeps up his performance without injuries
3. Even if he gets drafted #2-5 in next years draft, the $6.5M he got from the Dbacks would probably be comparable to what he would get

• Locked thread