Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp
This one is really weird. It looks like a UFO with some sort of energy or plasma around it. The guy filming said in person it was changing colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKEDALWFsBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp
An unidentified flying object, or UFO, in its most general definition, is any apparent anomaly in the sky that is not identifiable as a known object or phenomenon. Culturally, UFOs are associated with claims of visitation by extraterrestrial life or government-related conspiracy theories, and have become popular subjects in fiction. While UFOs are often later identified, sometimes identification may not be possible owing to the usually low quality of evidence related to UFO sightings (generally anecdotal evidence and eyewitness accounts).

Stories of fantastical celestial apparitions have been told since antiquity, but the term "UFO" (or "UFOB") was officially created in 1953 by the United States Air Force (USAF) to serve as a catch-all for all such reports. In its initial definition, the USAF stated that a "UFOB" was "any airborne object which by performance, aerodynamic characteristics, or unusual features, does not conform to any presently known aircraft or missile type, or which cannot be positively identified as a familiar object." Accordingly, the term was initially restricted to those fraction of cases which remained unidentified after investigation, as the USAF was interested in potential national security reasons and/or "technical aspects" (see Air Force Regulation 200-2). During the late 1940s and through the 1950s, UFOs were often referred to popularly as "flying saucers" or "flying discs". The term UFO became more widespread during the 1950s, at first in technical literature, but later in popular use. UFOs garnered considerable interest during the Cold War, an era associated with a heightened concern for national security. Various studies have concluded that the phenomenon does not represent a threat to national security nor does it contain anything worthy of scientific pursuit (e.g., 1951 Flying Saucer Working Party, 1953 CIA Robertson Panel, USAF Project Blue Book, Condon Committee).

The Oxford English Dictionary defines a UFO as "An unidentified flying object; a 'flying saucer'." The first published book to use the word was authored by Donald E. Keyhoe.[1]

The acronym "UFO" was coined by Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, who headed Project Blue Book, then the USAF's official investigation of UFOs. He wrote, "Obviously the term 'flying saucer' is misleading when applied to objects of every conceivable shape and performance. For this reason the military prefers the more general, if less colorful, name: unidentified flying objects. UFO (pronounced Yoo-foe) for short."[2] Other phrases that were used officially and that predate the UFO acronym include "flying flapjack," "flying disc," "unexplained flying discs," "unidentifiable object," and "flying saucer."[3][4][5]

The phrase "flying saucer" had gained widespread attention after the summer of 1947. On June 24, a civilian pilot named Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine objects flying in formation near Mount Rainier. Arnold timed the sighting and estimated the speed of discs to be over 1,200 mph (1,931 km/h). At the time, he described the objects' shape as being somewhat disc-like or saucer-like, leading to newspaper accounts of "flying saucers" and "flying discs."[citation needed]

In popular usage the term UFO came to be used to refer to claims of alien spacecraft.[1] and because of the public and media ridicule associated with the topic, some investigators prefer to use such terms as unidentified aerial phenomenon (or UAP) or anomalous phenomena, as in the title of the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena (NARCAP)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they're out there man

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Blurry gray things are proof of the supernatural and extraterrestrial.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

:eyepop:

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

They sure are. Just ask the guy in the comment above you.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
UFO Flies Over Manhattan. Pretty Much Just One Dude Sees It.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
free kyoon

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
swamp :gas:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

that ufo is perfectly sane do not besmirch the ufo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
"weather balloon" amirite?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
After reviewing the human message system, forums.somethingawful.com, we have determined that running a flying vehicle into a large human structure is what humans consider funny. We don't really get it, but will comply in the name of friendship.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So do the aliens have some kind of device that scans an area for non piece of poo poo cameras so they know where and where not to appear?

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Darth123123 posted:

"weather balloon" amirite?

Weather balloon filed with swamp gas on top of ball lightning.

Aug 4, 2010

i want to believe

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
You really miss that paranormal subforum don't ya?

MisterMachine posted:

A strange object has been discovered near Area 51 using Google Earth.

What looks like a huge 70 foot tall 30 foot wide structure in the middle of nowhere is only a few miles from the place that supposedly hold the crashed UFO from Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF7EU3sETnE

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EuBg4vZbI

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

it was pretty interesting/entertaining reading if nothing else

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

it was pretty interesting/entertaining reading if nothing else

Were there any legit posters that really believed the poo poo they posted? That would be funny, but otherwise meh.

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Darth123123 posted:

Nope.

You really have a lot that bothers you huh?
You should meditate. It will lower that blood pressure.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Darth123123 posted:

Were there any legit posters that really believed the poo poo they posted? That would be funny, but otherwise meh.

I legitimately believe tornadoes are the ghosts of giants. Lol if you don't, just lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

I want to believe

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MisterMachine posted:

Nope.

You really have a lot that bothers you huh?
You should meditate. It will lower that blood pressure.

Wait, its you isn't it. Either a long run troll, or your psycho. Tell us about the medications you are on.

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

I legitimately believe tornadoes are the ghosts of giants. Lol if you don't, just lol

Of all people I thought you would be able to "Open Your Mind".

I'm sad now.

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Darth123123 posted:

Wait, its you isn't it. Either a long run troll, or your psycho. Tell us about the medications you are on.

See. Like I said. So angry. It'll be alright man. just breathe.

BTW...It's You're not your.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

MisterMachine posted:

See. Like I said. So angry. It'll be alright man. just breathe.

Do you two know each other?

I feel like this is really distracting people from the video of me flying over New York.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I feel like this is really distracting people from the video of me flying over New York.

op wants to suck my dick in his flying saucer

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Darth123123 posted:

op wants to suck my dick in his flying saucer

Yummy. Sounds like a plan. Also sounds like you need it. I'm really good baby.

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Let me know what time you'll be around tonight. I'll grab a potato.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

MisterMachine posted:

Of all people I thought you would be able to "Open Your Mind".

I'm sad now.

:confused:

I do believe! That thread made it fairly clear, had all the picture documentation and everything

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp
suck my gay dick there is no such thing as UFOs

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

Kuato posted:

:confused:

I do believe! That thread made it fairly clear, had all the picture documentation and everything

Glad to hear it. I'll be a good Quade and say you're awesome.

MisterMachine
Oct 15, 2014

by Ralp

rich white faglord posted:

suck my gay dick there is no such thing as UFOs

Yummy in the tummy.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i found a n alien spaceship on google maps pm me for deets

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I was probed once. I don't wanna talk about it though.

rich white faglord
May 13, 2015

by Ralp

Pawn 17 posted:

I was probed once. I don't wanna talk about it though.

how big was he?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Something is up with this I definitely think this is some sort of conspiracy or cover up. I mean tons of people see it yet they're just going along with it like nothing is happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr9JI1fSZos

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I SAID I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
For being in 1080p that video sure is a piece of blurry garbage.

• Locked thread