Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Monk sprite by A_Raving_Loon.
"Magicians" sprite original by azren, redone by Abyssal Lurker.
"Ikaruga" Black/White Krile sprite by fits.

:siren: QUICK GUIDE TO DOING YOUR OWN CHALLENGE RUN :siren:

Original OP by Mega64

This is the Solo Omniserker Challenge. It started as a run of myself doing a Solo Omniserker Challenge but it evolved into a megathread of various FF5 challenges, mostly (but not all!) of the solo variety. You're completely welcome to do your own challenges in this thread!

As for my run, it's "Omniserker" because it's a Berserker that has access to all abilities, though as you may expect it'll mainly be the passive abilities that come in handy. Kyrosiris came up with the clever name and I stole it and ran with it.

As for why I'm using abilities? Because the whole point of Final Fantasy V is mixing and matching abilities. In the Four Job Fiesta Berserkers are welcomed because they can take advantage of so many wonderful abilities to be good (and because people are crazy). Also, a solo Berserker run is essentially impossible. Hell, I don't know if I'll even be able to complete this, but why not.

If you haven't played/seen FF5 before, I've already LPed it so that's probably a better starting point. Orange Fluffy Sheep also did a great LP where he does his trademark game-breaking. And of course Dr Pepper did a great low-level run LP that's also worth reading. And The Wu-Tang Secret did a very early LP that shows off some neat tricks as well.

As for stuff about Berserkers, here's Orange Fluffy Sheep's run with four berserkers. More related to my run is Sulla's Solo Berserker run, which broke his spirit and his mind. Recommended reading.

Finally, if you want a nice RPG challenge without going to insane lengths like me, the 2015 2016 Four Job Fiesta is currently up for registration, so jump in on that. This is the awesome thread for it by Kyrosiris, seriously check it out Here is the 2016 SA thread by Kyrosiris.

Obligatory Twitter feed link.

COMPLETED RUNS

quote:

:black101:Mega64 has gone mad with a Solo Omniserker run!
Started: 6/8/15
Finished: 7/19/15 (Run), 9/27/15 (LP)

Zerky! the Omniserker - Updates
Part 1 - Birthserker
Part 2 - Dodgeserker
Part 3 - Deathserker
Part 4 - Sandserker
Part 5 - Soulserker
Part 6 - Muteserker
Part 7 - Gilgaserker
Part 8 - Warpserker
Part 9 - Insaneserker
Part 10 - Rugserker
Part 11 - Riftserker
Part 12 - WhydidIdothiswhatthehelliswrongwithmeserker

Youtube Boss Playlist

Sordas Volantyr posted:

ZERKY HAVE SELF-PORTAIT DRAWN

Zerky needs a haircut. And probably a shave.
ZERKY HAVE FACE OBSCURED

quote:

FeyerbrandX shells up a Solo Mystic Knight run.
Started: 6/17/15
Finished: 7/10/15

Mihnwu the Mystic Knight - Updates
The Adventures of Ming Nimh Wu-Tang Mihnwu Mihnwu
Mystic (Knight) Quest 2: Quest Harder
Mystic Knight 03 - The Mystic Quest for a clever title
The Mystic Knight Rises - Episode 4
The Mystic Pizza Crashes - Episode 5
Tippacanoe and Mihnwu Too! Mystic Knight Episode 06
Mystic Knight 07 :black101:
Mystic River - Mystic Knight 08
Mystic Tower - Mystic Knight 09
Mystic Falls - Mystic Knight 10
Mystic Knight 11 - Break Down
Mystic Knight 12 - :black102: Black Harder

Sordas Volantyr posted:

My art skills suck (This looked way better in my mind), but I decided to make a little victory image for whenever somebody finishes their run.

(Tiny because the image is a bit biggish)

The cape pulled over the torso! A cool-looking pose, or a lazy ploy to prevent Sordas from having to draw Mihnwu's torso and arm? You decide!

quote:

Kyrosiris is mixing up a Solo Chemist.
Started: 6/12/15
Finished: 7/15/15

Walter the Chemist - Updates
Post 1 - Hydrogen
Post 2 - Helium
Post 3 - Lithium
Post 4 - Beryllium
Post 5 - Boron
Post 6 - Carbon
Post 7 - Nitrogen
Post 8 - Oxygen
Post 9 - Fluorine
Post 10 - Neon
Post 11 - Sodium
Post 12 - Magnesium
Post 13 - Aluminium
Post 14 - Sodium Chloride

Youtube Boss Playlist

Sordas Volantyr posted:

My aggressively mediocre drawing skills strike again!

The urge to draw him in the :science: pose was overwhelming

What is proportions

quote:

DemonTrigger throws money toward a Solo Samurai.
Started: 6/16/15
Finished: 7/25/15

Trump the Samurai - Updates
Part 1 - Pay to Play
Part 2 - Hedge Risk
Part 3 - Full Leverage
Part 4 - Low Leverage
Part 5 - More Money
Part 6 - Big Pharma
Part 7 - Millionare
Part 8 - Takeover
Part 9 - Salesman
Part 10 - Payoff

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Don't think I forgot about ya, Trump!

It's barely legible, but there IS writing on the gil.
The filename is a joke.
I made the line thick for the cross-out of buisnessman, forgot to switch back, rolled with it.

quote:

Railing Kill aims to bring us a Solo Ranger run.
Started: 6/15/15
Finished: 8/24/15

Walker the Ranger - Updates
Walker, Texas Beekeeper
Walker, Texas Lobsterman
Walker, Texas Fireman
Walker, Texas Librarian
Walker, Texas Fremen
Walker, Texas Pilot
Walker, Texas Gunslinger
Walker, Texas Ninja
Walker, Texas Time Lord
Walker, Texas Science Guy
Faris, Texas Cheater
Walker, Texas Coward
Walker, Texas Ranger

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Secondly, I got Walker's victory screen finished and outta the way.
I didn't mean for Walker to look like a hippie when I set out, I swear that just happened.
I might have based his hair on what my hair looks like when I haven't showered for the past 24 hours.
As soon as I finished the bird, I realized that I could've made it a baby chocobo. Ah well...
You might be able to notice where paint.NET increased my brush size without me noticing.

quote:

CptWedgie sings to us the hymn of The Entertainers Challenge.
Started: 7/20/15
Finished: 9/22/15

The Entertainers - Updates
Mozart's #1 Dance Tune
Mozart's #2 Dance Tune
Mozart's #3 Dance Tune
Mozart's #4 Dance Tune
Mozart's #5 Dance Tune
Mozart's #6 Dance Tune
Mozart's #7 Dance Tune
Mozart's #8 Dance Tune
Mozart's #9 Dance Tune
Mozart's #10 Dance Tune
Mozart's #11 Dance Tune
Mozart's #12 Dance Tune - Galuf Memorial Edition
Mozart's #13 Dance Tune
Mozart's #14 Dance Tune
Mozart's #15 Dance Tune
Mozart's #16 Dance Tune
Mozart's #17 Dance Tune
Mozart's Final Dance Tune

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Whuzzat? You thought that Mozart's picture was gonna be him gracefully playing a harp? Well, just for your outrageous presumptions, you get an 80s rock-n-roller!

He's young, he's wild, and he's free/He got the magic power of the music from me...
My next update will come as soon as somebody figures out what song I'm referencing. It's not that hard, the song's title's right there in the lyrics!

quote:

Jueg01 is letting us learn about the Solo Omni-Blue Mage.
Started: 6/14/15
Finished: 4/16/16

Rock the Omni-Blue Mage - Updates
Part 1 - Rock
Part 2 - Wave, Splash
Part 3a - GUTS
Part 3b - Toad
Part 4: Fire
Part 5: NOW I HAVE YOUR POWER!
Part 6: Erase
Part 7: Needle
Part 8: Yamato
Part 9: Skull, Plant
Part 10: Galaxy
Part 11: Crystal
Part 12: Wood
Part 13: Pharaoh
Part 14: Magic
Part 15: Super Fighting Blue Mage, Rock
Part 16: Fight, for Everlasting Peace

Ramc posted:

Good work at finally putting paid to your run!

Accept this drawing of Bahamut by my son as congratulations.

INCOMPLETE RUNS

quote:

Chaotic Neutral has predicted the success of Solo Oracle.

Mimir the Oracle - Updates
Century 1
Century 2
Century 3
Century IV

quote:

Nomadic Scholar fires off a Solo Cannoneer run.

1812 the Cannoneer - Updates
Hundred Years War

quote:

Trasson dashes in to show off a Solo Omni-Thief run.

Boo'tz the Omnithief - Updates
The Omnithief Chronicles, Part 1
The Omnithief Chronicles, Part 2

quote:

CeallaSo releases yet another run for us to catch up on with a Solo Beastmaster.

Ganpp the Beastmaster - Updates
Part 1 - Beast Mode
Part 2 - I CAST FIGHT

quote:

Hellioning covers the Solo Omniknight.

Purist the Omniknight - Updates
Purist 1:1. By Virtue, By Strength.

quote:

ZenMasterBullshit throws in a Solo Ninja run.

Baruto the Ninja - Updates
Episode 1: Just me and my Shadow (clone jutsu)

quote:

alcharagia swears an oath to do the Solo Omni-Necromancer.

West the Omni-Necromancer - Updates
Stage 1- Bird of Prey!
Stage 2- Beast from the Canal!
Stage 3- Noisy Girl!

quote:

Darkoni saves the day with a Solo Hero Run.

Batman the Hero - Updates
Issue #1 - Batman Begins
Issue #2 - Legends of the Dark Knight

quote:

Atomic Spud half-asses a Semi-Partial-Omni-Solo Red Mage Run.

Tom the Semi-Partial-Omni-Solo Red Mage - Updates
Part 1: Tom
Part 2: Lucky Breaks

quote:

Kyrosiris switches to a second run with the Ikaruga (Black/White) Mage.

Ginkei the Ikaruga Mage - Updates
Stage 1 - Ideal

Youtube Boss Playlist

quote:

Railing Kill tosses a bunch of stuff together with a solo low-level Living-Off-The-Land Mime.

Coyote the Mime - Updates
Coyote's Tales, Episode One: In the Beginning
Coyote and the Frog
Coyote and the Flame
Coyote and the Machine
Coyote and the Bomb

quote:

EdgeryWorthy parties with a solo fiesta run.

Joshey the Partier - Updates
Siesta 1: Intro - Karlabos

-----

Fan Art

Shaezerus makes the tedious grind for two Death Sickles worth it.

Shaezerus posted:

You can do it, buddy.

Leraika sums up everyone's feelings (heh) on Karlabos.

Leraika posted:

I am so, so sorry

Rigged Death Trap captures the latest Mime run.

Camel Pimp sums up Zerky!'s (and my) feelings post-run.

Camel Pimp posted:

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Part 1 - Birthserker

I'll be doing the GBA version because I pretty much do all my FF5 playing on the GBA version. Sorry, no Y-Burns this time. Plus I don't have to change many settings since my last LP was a GBA game. Hooray for laziness!

I'm using a hack that makes the sound and graphics significantly closer to the SNES standards. You may notice it in the boss videos.

Here's our hero in his natural habitat, in the middle of nowhere, living off the land. He's already kind of a savage.

Otherwise, I hex-edited the game to do three things, the first of which is to unlock all jobs. Of course, I'll only be using one of these the entire game, the Berserker.

The second is to unlock all abilities, which is what sets this run apart from your average Berserker run. Of course, with two exceptions the action abilities are useless (the two exceptions being White and Time Magic, and I guess Red and technically Black for Toad but screw those), though some of them transfer stats. In particular, !Summon will give our friend the magic power of a Summoner, which won't be relevant until late in the game.

The passive abilities are what will be the crux of this challenge and will help me bypass challenges more easily.

We start with a sword, which Berserkers can't use. We have to use fists until we recruit Lenna and can shank her knife.

Sure I could just use Equip Swords to use it but that's not necessary right now and I'm gonna try regular Berserker for a bit.

Fortunately, our fists are sufficient for goblins.

I asked people for names in IRC, but no one responded. So I went with...

I feel I made the right choice.

No, I definitely made the right choice.

With that, we acquire the unique, one-of-a-kind Knife. It sucks but who cares.

The last hack I did was to make the other characters 0HP at all times so I didn't have to keep killing them over and over. Kinda cheating but it's a convenience thing and this is already gonna be kind of a chore.

So, the most annoying part of the Berserker is how stupid they are. The mobile versions has them attack the front-most enemy every time, which makes a ton of sense and helps battles go by quickly. The other versions, they just attack whoever, which can be frustrating.

According to Sulla's write-up (expect me to bring it up a lot this LP), a solo Berserker can't run away in the SNES version. That changed in the GBA version it seems, since I can run away just fine.

That said, I reset because I'm going to go for a no-run run, at least until I can experiment and decide whether the Brave Blade or Chicken Knife would be more valuable to me. Probably the Chicken Knife, but good to be sure.

More defense. Cool.

We get a pirate.

Before the Wind Shrine, it's helpful to go to Tule first for a few supplies.

One major quality-of-life advantage that the Omniserker has is being able to cure with White Magic outside of battle. For most dungeons I'll be running !White for random encounters since it heals so much more efficiently than regular 50HP Potions.

Also the Dagger is better than the Knife so I take it.

Free Potions are nice.

I didn't bother screencapping any random encounters so they're obviously not worth mentioning.

And so we get to our first boss. For each boss, I'll lay out notable stats and their AI script.

code:
Wing Raptor (Heavy)
HP: 250
Vulnerable to Death, Poison, Blind, Old, Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse, Berserk, Silence, Stop, Slow.

AI SCRIPT:
{Breath Wing,Fight,Breath Wing}
{Breath Wing,Fight,Breath Wing}
Unhide Monster: WingRaptor (2nd form)
The AI Script and basic stats are obtained from the Algorithms guide, which is incredibly handy for a challenge like this. Each set in brackets means it has a 1/3 chance of doing that attack. So for both the first and second rounds, the Wing Raptor has a 1/3 chance of a physical attack and a 2/3 chance of Breath Wing.

Breath Wing does Max HP/4 damage, so four of those will kill Zerky!. Kind of scary, but Zerky! deals good enough damage to weaken that 250 HP pretty quickly.

Five of those hits are enough to kill Wing Raptor. Even though he's slow, the odds suggest maybe a couple wipes but otherwise things will be fine.

Except then we get to the third line of the AI Script.

code:
Wing Raptor (Heavy)
250HP
Vulnerable to Death, Poison, Blind, Old, Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse, Berserk, Silence, Stop, Slow.

AI SCRIPT:
Nothing
Nothing
No Interrupt{
     Unhide Monster: WingRaptor (1st form)
     Breath Wing
     }
React:Fight & V00=01{
     Specialty
     }
React:Fight{
     Display Text: Attack when its wings are closed,
     Display Text: and it'll respond with its claws!!
     Set V00=01
     Specialty
     }
The second form has 20 defense and 40% evasion compared to the 0/0 values for the first form.

This slows the damage down. There's also a Reaction prompt to the Fight command (which at this stage of the game is what a regular party must do to damage this boss, and what Zerky! is stuck with doing). Normally you'd just stop issuing commands and you won't get hurt, but Zerky! won't listen to reason and attacks anyway.

It'll display text the first time, then set a variable so that future attacks don't show that text, then Wing Raptor does a special attack. In this case, it's Claw, which always hits and ignores defense. Granted, defense isn't very high at this stage of the game, but it still hurts.

After two rounds, Wing Raptor will go back to its first form and do Breath Wing.

At Level 5, Zerky! can't really handle that. For a normal solo Berserker, the only options are different equipment or more levels to boost HP, and the latter would just help against the counters and physical attacks, not Breath Wing. Plus at this stage there are no equipment options, it's Dagger or bust.

And this is why I'm doing the Omniserker challenge. I don't need levels, I've got a variety of tools to get me through many of these challenges relatively painlessly. We'll start with one of the most useful, Barehanded.

Barehanded gives you a Monk's strength, which is the highest in the game. Granted, since Berserker has the third-highest strength in the game it isn't a major improvement. It also significantly boosts the damage of your fists though, and they're heavily influenced by level. This is very useful in a solo game where you'll have a lot more levels than usual.

Fists are great for a couple reasons. First, you attack twice, which is already a significant damage boost compared to a single dagger swipe. But besides that, you also have a chance to score a critical hit, as Zerky! did here with his first fist. Few weapons can actually deliver critical hits, but fists are one and they can hurt.

Two attacks/four punches was all it took. Wing Raptor didn't even reach its second form before I won. Behold the power of the Omniserker!

For each boss battle, I'll include a video showing the winning run. Not so important for this boss, but maybe it'll be useful for some people at future bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsto7gDlr2w

FINAL LEVEL: 5
DEATHS: 2

Anyway, normally I'd be excited about new jobs but I've already got all the jobs.

That's not going to work out too well.

Next time, I hit my first major roadblock: Karl Boss.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jun 9, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oh boy, getting in on the ground floor of this, Mega.

Can't wait to see Sandworm and Sol Cannon reduce you to tears even with all the preparation in the world. :getin:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Why do you hate yourself, Mega? Why? :ohdear:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

KataraniSword posted:

Oh boy, getting in on the ground floor of this, Mega.

Can't wait to see Sandworm and Sol Cannon reduce you to tears even with all the preparation in the world. :getin:

Agreed, those are gonna be great.

Also Neo Ex-Death. He should be doable with the extra skill(s) available with the patch, but it still probably won't be simple.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ground floor as gently caress.

Also I like how every minor noteworthy contribution I've made on the forums revolves around FFV. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
This oughta be interesting. Here's hoping none of the updates devolve to "And then I grinded for six hours until the boss's strategy no longer mattered because I had All The Hitpoints".

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

This oughta be interesting. Here's hoping none of the updates devolve to "And then I grinded for six hours until the boss's strategy no longer mattered because I had All The Hitpoints".

Most things in FFV that are truly scary have percentile-based attacks and thus give very few shits about your "all the hitpoints".

If he's going to have to grind for anything it's going to be damage to burst down bosses with said percentile-based attacks before they murder poor Zerky!.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The real question, then, is this: when will he break?

(yes, after the run is over is still "when")

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

Most things in FFV that are truly scary have percentile-based attacks and thus give very few shits about your "all the hitpoints".

If he's going to have to grind for anything it's going to be damage to burst down bosses with said percentile-based attacks before they murder poor Zerky!.

Ah right, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Ah right, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.

No problem. You'll see what I'm getting at as we progress in the LP. There's a few notable roadblocks coming up soon-ish that'll be great. :allears:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I approve of this, even if that means we can't ruin Soccer like FIFA or kill Y Burns all day.

The fact that we don't need to worry about Dingleberry's helps ease that pain.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yesss.

Though technically it's only two so far since I included my successful attempt. Think I'll change that to Deaths to make it clearer.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mega64 posted:

Yesss.

Though technically it's only two so far since I included my successful attempt. Think I'll change that to Deaths to make it clearer.

oh

well

It says three so I guess Zerky! got an aneurysm around a steel bat and died.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I've had an idea for a somewhat similar challenge run where you can change classes all you like but everybody must always have berserk as their ability. The party would ultimately end up as bares with berserk and 2handed plus lots of useful innates from mastered classes. This idea came from the fact that in the original, an all-berserker team couldn't use either the Brave Blade or Chicken Knife (they can equip the latter, but its random flee after hit would essentially cause a game freeze). While it's not quite the same, I expect this LP will show why I never actually went through with that. :v:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

One hell of a challenge. Are you concerned at all that the hex editing you did to unlock the necessary things is going to end up bugging out?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

oh

well

It says three so I guess Zerky! got an aneurysm around a steel bat and died.

Just count the reset :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

oldskool posted:

One hell of a challenge. Are you concerned at all that the hex editing you did to unlock the necessary things is going to end up bugging out?

I doubt it. Said hex-editing almost certainly involves just writing FF to a few bytes of memory, and I'm sure FF5's memory layout has been thoroughly documented, just like as for every other remotely famous NES/SNES JRPG.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Godspeed you mad berserker.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Wait, what? Another one of those solo Berserker things in FFV?

You must hate yourself. I'm just looking forward to the Sand Worm and Sol Cannon fights. I'd like to see if there are even any strategies you can use other than "Level up about 50 times and kill it before it kills you". :allears:

I even tried a 4 Berserker party once because I hated myself at one point. Guess which boss I got stuck on before I gave up.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I... this... wait... but... you... :stonk:
WHAT!?

I mean, holy gently caress, people do this? I saw OFS's ritualistic breaking the game over its own knee (seriously, it's awesome; check it out if you haven't seen it), but this is loving ridiculous!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Oh god when you mentioned the idea in the fiesta chat I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING :staredog:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Can't wait for Sandworm and Soul Cannon :love:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Awww yissss... Ground floor. :getin:

... Also, Berserker is 3rd highest Strength; Knight is 2nd.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This can only end in awesome.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
This is going to hurt. You, much more than us. But no one will leave this thread unscarred.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
This... is certainly one way to advertise for the Fiesta :stonklol:

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Archenteron posted:

This... is certainly one way to advertise for the Fiesta :stonklol:
If I remember right, someone actually got 3 Berserkers through Berserker Risk once in a Fiesta. I was stunned. The RNG really hated him. Icing on the cake is that his only non-Berserker job was... Knight.

Amusingly enough, he actually finished the game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Theoretically (we don't officially know how it works yet, but we can guess), one could get four Berserkers by combining BERSERKERRISK with the new #RegChaos option. :getin:

Theoretically, of course, the odds are pretty low.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Theoretically (we don't officially know how it works yet, but we can guess), one could get four Berserkers by combining BERSERKERRISK with the new #RegChaos option. :getin:

Theoretically, of course, the odds are pretty low.
I... uh... what? So if someone hated you, they could assign you 4 Berserkers and... oh my. :psypop:

I feel sorry for the popular Fiesta players that decides to try #RegChaos.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Holy crap Mega, you are insane. Possibly as insane as Zerky!. I wish you well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sketchie posted:

If I remember right, someone actually got 3 Berserkers through Berserker Risk once in a Fiesta. I was stunned. The RNG really hated him. Icing on the cake is that his only non-Berserker job was... Knight.

He actually beat one of the super bosses with that setup as well.

Also, you are insane Mega64. Good luck.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Sketchie posted:

He didn't just finish the game, he also killed Shinryu.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Sordas Volantyr posted:

He didn't just finish the game, he also killed Shinryu.
Wait... how... HOW?!

In my Fiesta run I was able to kill Shinryu by having the Knight use !Cover and everyone else with low health after whacking him with a Power Staff to berserk him (I had a Time Mage that time).

But 3 Berserkers and a Knight?! How? HOW?!

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Sketchie posted:

Wait... how... HOW?!

In my Fiesta run I was able to kill Shinryu by having the Knight use !Cover and everyone else with low health after whacking him with a Power Staff to berserk him (I had a Time Mage that time).

But 3 Berserkers and a Knight?! How? HOW?!

For Shinryu? Levels, luck, and planning. For Neo Exdeath? Luck and planning. For the rest of the game? Death Sickles.

I'll simplify your decision, Mega64. Since you can't switch weapons, you want a weapon that you can use all the time and will be useful. You want the Defender. Don't kill yourself for the Brave Blade. 40 more attack isn't worth giving up the Weapon Block perk.

This seems like a really interesting challenge, but I have no idea how you're going to actually win. The fundamental problem with Berserkers is the inability to heal. There aren't any passives that really help with that. Still, it'll prove to be an interesting ride. For us, at least. For you, you're going to want to kill yourself.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trasson posted:

I'll simplify your decision, Mega64. Since you can't switch weapons, you want a weapon that you can use all the time and will be useful. You want the Defender. Don't kill yourself for the Brave Blade. 40 more attack isn't worth giving up the Weapon Block perk.

The Defender is in Fork Tower. I'm not sure how he's going to take a solo 'zerk up against Omniscient.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

The Defender is in Fork Tower. I'm not sure how he's going to take a solo 'zerk up against Omniscient.

No such nonsense necessary. It's stealable from Sea Devils and Landcrawlers, and Berserkers can equip the Thief Knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Awww yissss... Ground floor. :getin:

... Also, Berserker is 3rd highest Strength; Knight is 2nd.

Fixed, thanks.

And here I was hoping I'd be done with all these mistakes, haha.

• Locked thread