Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

More damningly, a Solo Oracle has a group of three people that can't have any HP total higher than 0. !Predict is undeniably hosed just by virtue of it being a solo run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KataraniSword posted:

More damningly, a Solo Oracle has a group of three people that can't have any HP total higher than 0. !Predict is undeniably hosed just by virtue of it being a solo run.

I honestly have no idea what they were thinking with this class.

Cannoneer and Gladiator don't have this problem, they're reasonably well designed and fit in.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

I honestly have no idea what they were thinking with this class.

Cannoneer and Gladiator don't have this problem, they're reasonably well designed and fit in.

the 9999 on command and vaguely useless til their weakest skill does 3k to all enemies class are so well designed :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

By the time you get Gladiator "Roll the dice with a decent chance of 9999 damage" isn't that overpowered compared to the other stuff you can do. And Canonner is basically a slightly weaker Chemist.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
A solo Blue Mage can't possibly get a full list of Blue Magic, can they? As I understand Learning in FFV, the blue magic has to take effect on a character with the Learning ability to be learned, which means that learning Lv. 5 Death would be fatal.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

I think equipping the Undead passive ability from the Necromancer job would allow you to learn it? I haven't tried though.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Smart Car posted:

I think equipping the Undead passive ability from the Necromancer job would allow you to learn it? I haven't tried though.

Yep. A lone Blue Mage can't learn White Wind, Mighty Guard, Level 5 Death and...that's probably it. An Omni Blue Mage can learn them.

Hey Mega, have you thought of using the patch that lets you use 3 abilities no matter what your job is? It might not be legit, but I figure with a solo Berserker you need all the help you could get.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Yep. A lone Blue Mage can't learn White Wind, Mighty Guard, Level 5 Death and...that's probably it. An Omni Blue Mage can learn them.

You can learn Mighty Guard and White Wind with the Dancing Dagger, and I think the Bone Mail allows you to learn Level 5 Death. Both of these items are only available once you reach world 2, though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

A lone Blue Mage can't learn White Wind, Mighty Guard

They can equip the Dancing Dagger which has a chance to do !Dance and then Tempting Tango. That'll get those two.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hmmm...didn't think of the Dancing Dagger. I didn't know the Stingray could be confused. I always just straight up used Control.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Hey Mega, have you thought of using the patch that lets you use 3 abilities no matter what your job is? It might not be legit, but I figure with a solo Berserker you need all the help you could get.

If we're thinking of the same thing, I find that mod absolutely hilarious because it also shuffles jobs and abilities around and part of that is delaying the availability of spell blade-dual wield-rapid fire. Because, y'know, balance is such a concern when every job is a freelancer :v:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Count me as another guy who wishes he were good enough at the game to contemplate joining the :bandwagon: I know if I were doing my own Single-Player-Siesta, I'd contribute with a Monk, and show the power of punch-fists, but that would get boring after a while.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AlphaKretin posted:

If we're thinking of the same thing, I find that mod absolutely hilarious because it also shuffles jobs and abilities around and part of that is delaying the availability of spell blade-dual wield-rapid fire. Because, y'know, balance is such a concern when every job is a freelancer :v:

Even more amusing is how it isn't balanced at all. You can easily end up with 90+ in several stats while still having a ridiculous skillset. We call it badmod on irc for a reason.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I was tempted to use that or Can of Worm's mod (link on the end of the second post of the Fiesta thread) since in his hack Berserkers can auto-use certain abilities like !Jump and !Rapidfire but figured it'd be more interesting to try it legit. Passives alone give me a lot of leeway that a regular Berserker doesn't have because there are a lot of great weapons outside of axes.

Also, holy crap have the challenges taken off. Gonna go through the past two or three pages to add all the new updates, and also see to getting that thread title updated.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Holy cow. I never knew that the Oracle was actually THAT deep. :magical:

Looks like you'd need to do some clever math with !Predict to make sure the last digit of your MP always ends up at 5 so you can use Divine Judgment all the time, although Healing Wind and Blessing seems to be a good stopping points to get to 5.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sketchie fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 14, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You'll probably have fixed it by the time I type this out, but you have a /URL instead of a siren near the link for the blue Mage run.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

You'll probably have fixed it by the time I type this out, but you have a /URL instead of a siren near the link for the blue Mage run.

Thanks for catching that! Fixed.

Also, thanks to Geop for changing the thread to a better title. And I updated the OP a bit to better suit the thread.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
Next person to start a solo run: your challenge is not to use Bartz as your solo.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

MartianAgitator posted:

Next person to start a solo run: your challenge is not to use Bartz as your solo.

Lenna misses too much of world 3 and Galuf misses the end of world 1 bosses, notably Purobolos. It'd have to be Faris because all she really misses are filler bosses Gilgamesh 1 and Antlion.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Lenna misses too much of world 3 and Galuf misses the end of world 1 bosses, notably Purobolos. It'd have to be Faris because all she really misses are filler bosses Gilgamesh 1 and Antlion.

Gameshark a sprite swap. :ssh:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Aerdan posted:

Gameshark a sprite swap. :ssh:

Solo Galuf as a mime or one of the gba jobs.

It'll be the invisible man.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Solo Galuf as a mime or one of the gba jobs.

It'll be the invisible man.
I actually treated Galuf as a "ghost" in my Cannoneer only run.

It's pretty amusing to see a ghost sport sunglasses when blinded.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Add me in as another person that wants to do a solo-character run, but doesn't have the FFV chutzpah to do it. If I did one, I'd probably do Gladiator, because even if you ignore Finisher's 9999 on command, you're still guaranteed either a crit or a miss.

...You know what, I might just set up recording equipment and give it a go. Going with MartianAgitator's suggestion, I'm probably gonna make Faris the solo character.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Someone should do a solo omnimime.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

KataraniSword posted:

:goonsay: It actual doesn't matter because the multiplier is different for each target. For example if there are two monsters and one has XXX1 HP and the other has XXX9, Divine Judgement will hit the first monster with a x6 multiplier and the second monster with a x30 multiplier. Most bosses start out with XXX0 HP so reliable doing 1 HP of damage to them would help a lot.

I started my own lone Oracle playthrough and I am having a lot of fun with it. Did the library at level 14 then got the airship at the same level with no problems. The only boss I've had trouble with up until this point was WingRaptor. I will have see if I hit an roadblock anywhere. The biggest problems with Oracle is that they have no HP and their damage doesn't seem to scale with level.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Part 4 - Sandserker

Zerky! lacks the restraint to ride a Black Chocobo.

Anyway, our next mission is to cross the desert to reach the last town we can reach to find King Tycoon.

This was an experiment more than a plan for the next boss. You see, the next boss is special. It is the bane of all berserkers, and Zerky! is no exception.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Sandworm.

code:
Sandworm (Desert, Heavy)
HP: 3000
Vulnerable to Slow.

AI Script:
{Fight,Quicksand,Quicksand}
Condition:??{
     Change Target:Self
     ??
     }
React:Magic:No-Damage Magic{
     Fight
     }
The Sandworm itself is not that bad. Quicksand does a set 60 damage and inflicts HP Sap, and its physical attack is weak. In fact, the actual Sandworm is one of the least-threatening bosses in the game. People talk about what a nightmare the Sandworm is, but it's not the scary part of the battle.

It's the holes that will kill you.

code:
Hole
MP: 10125
Vulnerable to Slow.

AI Script:
Nothing
React:Physical{
     Demi
     }
That's it. The holes don't sound scary, and they aren't scary to someone who can actually control their attacks to not hit them. Holes don't even care about magic, so spamming Summon over and over does nothing but trigger a weak counter attack from the Sandworm itself.

Of course, we're playing with a character that targets randomly. So there's a 2/3 chance Zerky! will hit a hole and trigger a Gravity counter, halving Zerky!'s HP. Except since Zerky! is attacking with two weapons it actually triggers two Gravity counters. And the chance of hitting the wrong spot is actually a 5/6 chance because gently caress you.

code:
(Blank)
Vulnerable to Slow.

Unhide Monster: Sandworm (Random Position?)
Change Target:All Enemies, Not self
No-Damage Magic
There's a pretty elaborate system in place to facilitate the Sandworm randomly changing places throughout the battle. I'm not sure of the details, but the result is that there's actually three extra targets in play, and they all counter with Demi. So the chances of actually hitting the Sandworm in the first place is 1/6.

Keep in mind you'll be triggering one or two Gravities, depending on whether you're using two weapons (fists count as two weapons) or whether any spells proc from weapons (Death Sickle with Death proc nets two Gravity counters). The Sandworm's attacks are pretty tame, but after a few Gravity spells they'll do in a Berserker.

And on top of that, after it takes me several attempts to even hit the guy, the damage turns out to be pretty bad! You see, on top of all the other layers of bullshit, the Sandworm is always considered to be in the back row, essentially halving your damage (it can actually be less than half damage if the multiplier is odd since this game rounds everything down). So with this set-up it'd take four attacks to kill Sandworm. And that's with dual-wield and not factoring in Death Sickles only having 85% accuracy.

Let me put it this way. Sulla is one of the few that actually beat Sandworm with a solo Berserker. He first reached it at L35, and had to grind to Level 62 to beat it. It took him SIX HUNDRED THIRTY-SEVEN loving ATTEMPTS to win. That's 637. Of course, he didn't use abilities, so he was stuck using one Death Sickle.

It took Orange Fluffy Sheep 77 attempts with four of the guys at L37.

So, uh, the odds aren't in my favor. Dual-wield Death Sickles would require a lot of luck, including four hits at 1/6 chances, against an enemy that's always in the back row. But that's why this is an Omniserker, right? Surely Zerky! has some ability in his disposal to make this significantly more painless, right?

...Right?

After seven or so attempts, I decide to take a break and check out an area that could have some nice tools for me.

This is Jachol, which has some new weapons available. There's no forest here, but there's one not too far away from here. It's a bit of a walk, but it's not like I'm gonna get the airship anytime soon, right?

Random encounters are kinda nasty with Bombs exploding all over the place, but nothing too scary.

The Coral Sword and Trident are both thunder-elemental. Mage Mashers are also great since they have a 1/3 chance of proccing Silence. Too bad Silence doesn't work on the Holes, but I still buy two in case they come in handy later.

I also tackle Jachol Cave because why not.

The Blitz Whip is also lightning non-elemental because why not (thanks for the correction dis astranagant!). Unlike the other two lightning weapons, it can randomly proc Thunder, which does terrible damage because of Zerky!'s terrible Magic.

Death Sickle's one of the few ways to take care of Skull Eaters. Still not reliable, though.

Next is Istory. I'll need this if I ever get to Soul Cannon, and I have the cash, so might as well!

Also, the one Black Magic spell Zerky! can use.

Screw this encounter.

I end up at L33 and decide to grind up to L34 for the extra multiplier on desert enemies.

The desert enemies are non-issues.

So here we are, L34. If I can't figure out a way to beat Sandworm here, it's likely going to take a lot of grinding levels to be able to beat him, and then the rest of the game will be a cakewalk barring a few other battles. And that would just make for a boring LP, wouldn't it?

Here's a test for you guys. Can you think of any way I can use my current abilities and weaponry up to this point to kill Sandworm with only three attacks at L34?

Because I did.

One of the big issues with Sandworm is it being in the back row. Whips ignore row, including enemy rows. Also, the Blitz Whip is one of the strongest weapons in Zerky!'s arsenal, only a point below the Death Sickle and more reliable. And at L34 it deals just over 1000 damage, enough to kill the Sandworm in three hits. Three hits should be enough to brute force the RNG into a win.

Of course, there's the slight problem of a lightning proc triggering another Gravity attack, but it's worth it. Other variants have to rely on Death Sickles that have death procs anyway.

This still requires hitting on three 1/6 chances. I have a few rounds leeway to do it, but it's not gonna happen quickly. That said, once I figured this strategy out, it became a matter of "when," not "if." And that's pretty huge.

The lesson is that next time someone tells you whips suck, shove this video in their face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hX6e-cMs4

FINAL LEVEL: 34
ATTEMPTS: 43

Yeah, I feel pretty drat good in beating this at such a low level and in so few attempts. Of course, there was still lots of luck involved in that run, including dodging two Gravity counters, but hey, I'll take it.

This took over two and a half hours to do without fast-forward. For reference, here's a 10x speed video starting from my first attempt at Sandworm until I finally beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST1BybqFrSE

Now, this still isn't the hardest boss for a Berserker even in World 1, let alone the rest of the game. But doing it at this low level is pretty drat significant, and lets me know that maybe my crazy idea of this challenge may not be so crazy after all. We'll certainly see about that, though.

After saving, the rest of this part isn't that big a deal.

Hey, I'd be excited too if I did what Zerky! just accomplished.

Another spell Zerky! can and probably will never use in the menu.

code:
Cray Claw (Creature, Heavy)
HP: 2000
Weak to Lightning.
Absorbs Water.
Vulnerable to Death, Stone, Poison, Blind, Old, Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse, Berserk, Silence, Stop, Slow

AI Script:
{Tailscrew,Tailscrew,Fight}
{Tailscrew,Tailscrew,Fight}
{Tailscrew,Mucus,Fight}
Cray Claw can be a pain in the wrong situations. Mucus inflicts Slow, which is bad, and Tailscrew can be pretty terrible to deal with. On the other hand, it's weak to lightning and is vulnerable to a ton of status effects.

I do Blitz Whip my first few attempts, especially since a combination of Thunder and Paralyze procs would be handy. Thunder does crap damage though and since Cray Claw is Heavy paralysis would wear off quick anyway. Blitz Whip actually is non-elemental and doesn't proc paralyze. Regardless, these attempts don't work well.

Despite being Heavy, Cray Claw is still vulnerable to Instant Death. So it was as simple as dual-wielding sickles to double the chances of Death proc and slicing the guy open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5cxiaG-egs

DEATHS: 4

Please, Cid, he had a family.

So we go to a town to go back to Cid to go to a meteor to get a thing to take to Cid to go to a castle.

Oh and there's a turtle.

code:
Adamantoise
HP: 2000
Weak to Ice.
Vulnerable to Death, Poison, Blind, Old, Berserk, Silence, Slow.

AI Script:
No Interrupt{
     Fight
     Fight
     }
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
No Interrupt{
     Specialty
     Specialty
     }
{Fight,Fight,Specialty}
Adamantoise does nothing but physical attacks. However, he has high defense and Protect/Shell on top of that.

He also hits like a truck.

Death Sickles reduces defense to a quarter though, so I was able to quickly kill this guy without even needing any death procs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8OTQPq5MwQ

DEATHS: 0 :black101:

Next time, we face off against a foe even scarier than a worm that lives in the sand... Soul Cannon. I may have a wee bit tougher time against it...

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 14, 2015

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ahahaha I cannot believe you beat Sandworm so handily that you didn't even have to give it its own update. :black101:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

A funny thing: the Blitz Whip itself is not lightning elemental.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's beautiful

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Sandworm shenanigans

:golfclap: I just got through reading Sulla's Berserker run, and I gotta say, I wish I could see what his reaction would be to this. Well done.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Hundred Years War
Today begins the chronicle of one so set forth on blasting things down with cannon fire, he can't be without one. This is the Solo cannoneer run and here we love the bombshell. Once the party comes together, they'll stay down together. While I can't promise that I'll stay close to Walter and Zerky's adventures, this ball is finally rolling along. All ai script and algorithms come from the FF5 algorithms FAQ and FF5A algorithms FAQ

As our little friend here sets up camp, he will don the clothing of his ancestors. The powerful and mighty Cannoneer.

Now while he has the clothes, he has yet to find the prized cannon. His journey won't truly begin til he has one to call his own.

Cannoneer is a strange little blighter, being a physical class that has both magic and physical options. The !Open Fire command does a physical attack with a chance of a status effect that has the ability to slam for full power from the back row. Their damage output isn't exactly easy to increase, but for most of the game it's a stable amount. One guide says that the confuse shell can bypass Confuse immunity, but I'll need to test that to be sure later.
code:
Open Fire
                                Att-Def
104/256  Black shot   Darkness  115
62 /256  Purple shot  Poison    115
60 /256  Red shot     Confuse   175
30 /256  X shot       Death     215 (can kill undead)

Our trusty sword makes quick work of the scurvy gobs, keeping them away from the fainted lass.
speaking of her, she's wondering what our name is now that we've saved her from being goblin stew.

Yeah any idea where we might find ourselves a cannon? That old man isn't helping much.

Time to sneak right in, and nab myself a cannon from those pirates!

Alright old man, you need to stop the sass right now or I'm leaving you here after stealing your idea.

We're promptly captured when trying to find out how to steer this ship, luckily the captain freaked out when he saw the princess whip out some pendant. Turns out these guys are all heading to the wind shrine, might as well tag along for the ride. At least 1812 can't crash this ship.

Guess we gotta go check on the king as well. Time to climb the shrine!

Unlike our friends Zerky and Walter, 1812 needs not to shop for pharmaceuticals before this venture. These free ones should hold juust fine.
Now what I hadn't prepared for, was Aero. As our Oracle Mimir has shown, Aero can be deadly during a jaunt through the Wind Shrine. While not directly killing me, White Serpents cast Entangle, which usually gives the accompanying Moldwynd to blast our poor hero with Aero, resulting in a trip to the healing jar before trekking anew.
Aero and Entangle related injuries:4

At the start of each boss, I'll be showing off their code, stats and
Now, the wing raptor has a few tricks up his sleeve.
code:
Wing Raptor (Heavy)
HP: 250
Vulnerable to Death, Poison, Blind, Old, Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse, Berserk, Silence, Stop, Slow.

AI SCRIPT:
{Breath Wing,Fight,Breath Wing}
{Breath Wing,Fight,Breath Wing}
Unhide Monster: WingRaptor (2nd form)

Breath Wing has a nasty habit of hitting for max hp/4 every time it runs through the party. Even though some solo runs have a little issue with this attack, I for one just need to open fire and all my problems melt away in the beginning of this venture. :cawg:

Well once the raptor heads into his wings, you better watch out, for he'll counter any attacks that actually land on him with Claw, which does quite a bit of damage for this stage of the game. Boasting 20 defense and 40% evade, it's somewhat tough to hit him during this phase. Those are quite a step up from his regular 0/0 values.
code:
Wing Raptor (Heavy)
250HP
Vulnerable to Death, Poison, Blind, Old, Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse, Berserk, Silence, Stop, Slow.

AI SCRIPT:
Nothing
Nothing
No Interrupt{
     Unhide Monster: WingRaptor (1st form)
     Breath Wing
     }
React:Fight & V00=01{
     Specialty
     }
React:Fight{
     Display Text: Attack when its wings are closed,
     Display Text: and it'll respond with its claws!!
     Set V00=01
     Specialty
     }
(I apologize for how loud this is, but you really will want to turn your volume down before watching. Future videos won't be as loud.)
https://youtu.be/IBv-yHpMl1A

Guess we should hunt down those other crystals like Tycoon asked, and see if they've shattered. It's quite ominous indeed.

Levels: 6
Deaths: 1
Magical Mishaps: 4

Next update we try and find a way out of this continent, warn Karnak, and fight Karl Marx.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 14, 2015

Mega64
May 23, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

A funny thing: the Blitz Whip itself is not lightning elemental.

Thanks! Apparently it doesn't proc paralyze either. Fixed.

Also looks like I'll be adding another character to the OP image.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ultrafilter posted:

Someone should do a solo omnimime.

Staple on !Dualcast, swap out !Black and !White for !Time and !Summon when your MP threshold gets high enough. :geno: It'd be a pretty bland run.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
You're playing Advance, right? You could've just used Long Reach instead of Equip Whips for Sandworm, especially since Whips partially rely on Agility. Equip Whips does raise it, but...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Wondering how a Solo Beastmaster run would go, showing off the various opportunities to control monsters and catch/release stuff.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Einander posted:

You're playing Advance, right? You could've just used Long Reach instead of Equip Whips for Sandworm, especially since Whips partially rely on Agility. Equip Whips does raise it, but...

Then I'd be stuck with knives and axes. I don't think the Main Gauche would hit 1k damage without more levels, and the Death Sickle's 85% accuracy and large range is more randomness in a fight where I want to remove as much randomness as possible.

I considered it, but I think the Blitz Whip was the best option I had, though maybe something else would've worked better.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Hundred Years War
Today begins the chronicle of one so set forth on blasting things down with cannon fire, he can't be without one. This is the Solo cannoneer run and here we love the bombshell. Once the party comes together, they'll stay down together. While I can't promise that I'll stay close to Walter and Zerky's adventures, this ball is finally rolling along. All ai script and algorithms come from the FF5 algorithms FAQ and FF5A algorithms FAQ

Unfortunately your pictures are way too small to read! Maybe scale the window up a little when you're taking them?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Prism posted:

Unfortunately your pictures are way too small to read! Maybe scale the window up a little when you're taking them?

Easiest thing to do is throw them into Irfanview's batch conversion (under File), keep them as PNG files, click Advanced Options, resize to 200%, and make sure "Use Resample Function" is unchecked.This will double the size of all the images at once without making the images blurry.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Then I'd be stuck with knives and axes. I don't think the Main Gauche would hit 1k damage without more levels, and the Death Sickle's 85% accuracy and large range is more randomness in a fight where I want to remove as much randomness as possible.

I considered it, but I think the Blitz Whip was the best option I had, though maybe something else would've worked better.

Blitz Whip isn't much more accurate (90%). But it also really isn't agility based in any significant way so I don't know what he's going on about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Color Printer posted:

Wondering how a Solo Beastmaster run would go, showing off the various opportunities to control monsters and catch/release stuff.

At the very least, the Wing Raptor battle would be interesting.

• Locked thread