Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Warbadger posted:

Don't know what to tell you. Every game I've been in this morning has had a spread of 4-5 tiers. The game I'm currently in I'm top tier at tier 5, but there's a bunch of scorps and AMX-10's in it, too.

What server are you on, eu or na? if you're playing on NA when there's only like 200 people playing that would explain the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crash74
May 11, 2009

hopterque posted:

I'm kind of confused reading those posts because I only very, very rarely get into a match with people more than 1 tier above me. Hell, a pretty high percentage of the time I get matches that are all the same tier. This is with t4 and t5 tanks.

Which tiers have you been playing? 1-2 still have a proper matchmaker from what I can tell but everything else is getting tossed in with poopsocking 7's. The seal clubbing is ridiculous. The tier 3-5 tanks can't even pin some of the t7's from the side + they can kill you with 2-3 shots.

e: are you all using ts or mumble?

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 28, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I said right there I'm playing 4s and 5s. I might see a t7 once every five games or so in my t5s and basically never in my 4s.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

hopterque posted:

What server are you on, eu or na? if you're playing on NA when there's only like 200 people playing that would explain the difference.

NA last night had like 700 people playing so...yeah.

Additionally, it's still bad game design if you need a thousand people in queue evenly distributed through tiers just to avoid a game breaking 2 tier difference between players in a match. All because you decided to arbitrarily pump stats according to a number next to a tank's name in the tech tree.

The tradeoff? HOORAY THEY SEE BIGGER NUMBERSSSS

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 28, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Typically I see 2 tiers up tops. Ymmv though.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
:iiam: I was getting poo poo on with 3-4 t7's in my leo 1 most games last night. Its better this morning though.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

This morning is a lot better for T4-T5 just due to fewer T7's being online it seems. However, I'm seeing T3-T6 in most of the games. A 3 tier spread seems pretty normal in the current MM.

And again, perfect 1-Tier-Difference-Only matchmaking should not be required to avoid creating lovely mismatches. What benefit is there to scaling HP and Damage numbers based on tiers in the first place?

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 28, 2015

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Also gently caress encounter on rough neck (the industrial snow map) south is so hosed.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So are you guys all on the NA server because that would certainly explain the difference. EU superiority I guess.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Just finnished playing NA, I think I got maybe 1 full game rest of them were like 13v12. The tier spread was not awful though usualy only 2 tiers difference.

Also are people interested In mini write ups on some of the tanks currently avalible? Playability/firepower/if its a hunk of poo poo. That sorta crap.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
So this thread: http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?12765-How-To-Increase-FPS-Performance-in-Armored-Warfare actually helped me with my performance issues, by making me realize that the game was defaulting to integrated graphics and CPU physics. Made a couple of changes forcing it to use my actual nice graphics card and forced physics to GPU rendering, and my FPS shot up from 5-8 on average (game was wholly unplayable) to 40-ish.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Oh, and if anyone has a basic guide to controls, interface, etc. that would be awesome now that the game is actually playable for me. I can't figure out what stuff does.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So the new patch is out and new phase has started, pve seems ok but the xp/cash reward is like 50% of pvp. The armor changes and penetration nerfs have slowed the pace down a lot, since you can actually expect to bounce most shots off your frontal armor if you cover weak spots. It's pretty cool.

Battles between main battle tanks actually take time and skill now instead of just "whoever can reload their gun the fastest", peaking and poking and angling armor and stuff. Pretty much every tank in the game has a really weak lower glacis so that's the thing to aim for and try and cover up. If you're fighting an equal tier MBT and he's hull down you can probably forget penetrating him from the front.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 1, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
50% of pvp sucks imo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Agrajag posted:

50% of pvp sucks imo.

Agreed, I think they're planning on changing that number and this is just a starting point.

e: Also there's a button for purchasing premium time now, but they haven't given us any gold yet. The russian server did get gold apparently a day or two after the patch dropped for them ( a few days ago I guess) and they've said they're probably gonna give us some on the western servers too.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Calling all bads:

The warriors of the holy land needs you! Our NA Batallion, aptly named ISLAM, will be conducting exercises this evening promptly at 7P EST in the new PvE mode that can accept five holy warriors. Be there.

Psychosis 01
Nov 6, 2011
So how does this game compare to War Thunder and World of Tanks thus far? I'm thinking about dropping some cash for the $30 pack.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Eh, I'm still waiting on what they plan to do with how unfun MBT's feel right now. If they change something about MBT's to make them fun, and not like playing a heavy in WoT, then I may start spending money on this game, but not till then.

Right now it seems like Light Tanks and TD's are just plain more fun to play and perform better. While MBT's are stuck in an unflexible and absolutely unfun playstyle.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Agrajag posted:

Eh, I'm still waiting on what they plan to do with how unfun MBT's feel right now. If they change something about MBT's to make them fun, and not like playing a heavy in WoT, then I may start spending money on this game, but not till then.

Right now it seems like Light Tanks and TD's are just plain more fun to play and perform better. While MBT's are stuck in an unflexible and absolutely unfun playstyle.

So are MBT's more like WoT's TD's in the way that they need others to cover/scout for them?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Sorta, but gun handling in general for MBT's are super piss poor and accuracy is really bad. I really don't understand why they would totally omit a key feature of modern tanks.

I've also been hearing a lot about map sizes being the reason they made MBT's handle and play really poorly.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
MBTs as of this patch are giant scary armored monsters, actually. Like, when groups of mbts fight it's a slugfest that can last a good few minutes because armor actually works now and it's really cool. Now when you lumber around a corner into an lav-300 or whatever he'll actually go "oh poo poo, gently caress" and try and disengage or bounce shots off your front or whatever instead of unloading right through your front and killing you in like 10 seconds. Also they greatly improved MBT handling this patch, so while they're still slower than lights and TDs they're no longer crawling slowly up to 20kph and slowing to 5 in the corners. Even in the big, fat chieftain and m60a3 you're able to actually shift to different positions without it taking like two minutes, and those are the two slowest non arty tanks in the game. The t-72 feels downright quick.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Psychosis 01 posted:

So how does this game compare to War Thunder and World of Tanks thus far? I'm thinking about dropping some cash for the $30 pack.

its close to WOT but there are a few differences and they are changing things constantly, the first two tiers are plain awful to play as they struggle to do anything to tier 3 up. from what ive heard the latest patch has made MBT's scary strong going from might bounce a poorly aimed shell/unlucky to probs wont pen. honestly i would still hold off unless you want the content.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The first two tiers are awesome and can still gently caress up higher tier tanks with HE shells (especially the autocannon guys), though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hopterque posted:

The first two tiers are awesome and can still gently caress up higher tier tanks with HE shells (especially the autocannon guys), though.

The higher tier tanks have way too much HP for that, though. I remember the BMP-1 firing HE doing 50 damage a pop which is basically a pittance when he turns around and does 400.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Panzeh posted:

The higher tier tanks have way too much HP for that, though. I remember the BMP-1 firing HE doing 50 damage a pop which is basically a pittance when he turns around and does 400.

Yeah but on the flip side you've got the lav-150 and to a lesser degree the m113 which can still dump hundreds of damage right through the front of enemy tanks regardless of armor, even after like 2 nerfs to its ability to do that.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Panzeh posted:

That's more because the BMP-1 is the worst tank in the game though. The t1-2s are perfectly capable of holding their own, especially since they can all function as scouts.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

It's a good patch and MBTs are definitely in a better spot than before. They aren't amazing, but they're workable.

The thing that still bothers me is that there is still a very large power gap between tiers, so you're still going to be at a ~50% HP/DPS disadvantage for every tier somebody has over you. Which wouldn't be so bad if every tier up didn't also come with a pile of other, less arbitrary advantages.

I'd hold off for now but it has potential.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 2, 2015

Crash74
May 11, 2009
So I guess they are giving two invt codes to anyone who bought in,

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/special-bonus-lord-war-owners

Shoot me a pm if you wanna code.

E: All Gone!

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 4, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sweet, I have two access codes then.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Crash74 posted:

So I guess they are giving two invt codes to anyone who bought in,

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/special-bonus-lord-war-owners

Shoot me a pm if you wanna code.

Not 'anyone,' just people who sprung for the highest-tier pre-order package.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
How do I play in platoons with goons? I guess that's ISLAM? I don't understand this ultra-cluttered Russian interface. I only seem to have the option to create one, not join.

Leif. fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 3, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Send me a friend invite.

Also some shitter team killed me 45 seconds into the match because I did not spot for him. Recorded it and submitted it to AW. Let's see.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

i no longer have codes.

EA 3 has made MBt's kinda scary.

Snakes in a can fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jul 3, 2015

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So I'm in the EA, every thing is installed properly. But every time I click Play to launch the game, it loads for a second, then nothing. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill the process in task manager (doesn't even show up in applications) What the gently caress.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When you launch from the My Com launcher you will get two mycom.game executables and one ArmoredWarfare.exe.

So in taskmon you should see at least the two mycom.game exes.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

demonR6 posted:

When you launch from the My Com launcher you will get two mycom.game executables and one ArmoredWarfare.exe.

So in taskmon you should see at least the two mycom.game exes.

Issue is the game doesn't load at all. Nothing. I can leave it for however long and it will never go into the game. It just sits on desktop and the process goes on endlessly. I've completely wiped all install files and everything, reinstalled, and it still does it.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

For those looking for some codes, Angry Joe Show is giving away 5000 for 4th of July on his website

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Thronde posted:

Issue is the game doesn't load at all. Nothing. I can leave it for however long and it will never go into the game. It just sits on desktop and the process goes on endlessly. I've completely wiped all install files and everything, reinstalled, and it still does it.

So do you get either the mycom.game or AW executable running in the background? I would check the forum to see if anyone else had bug reported that or maybe if someone has a suggestion to remedy it. I'm out right now else I would check the forum as well.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Stevefin posted:

For those looking for some codes, Angry Joe Show is giving away 5000 for 4th of July on his website

Thanks. They aren't going very quick it looks like and I snagged one with 4000 left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I'm honestly considering the Lord of War pack but I'd like to try before I buy. I play War Thunder yet WoT turned me off. If this is somewhat in the middle I think I'd like it. If someone tosses a code my way and I bite the bullet I'll definitely pay it forward.

• Locked thread