Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So I was hoping to try out the game, Only to be hammered with a strange bug that will auto kick me to garage no matter what.

Been a great test 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I will never advance past the M113.

Holy poo poo give me an M46 Patton or something for Tier 1.

I guess this might be mitigated if there were a few thousand people online so I could get matched against poo poo I can actually hurt though.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Well, you can always go PVE now. Also, they will introduce the M48 Patton as a Tier 2 MBT next patch IIRC.

That being said, T-62 in PVE is kinda hilarious. Just pack all the HEAT and start cooking. If you don't get 10k or more damage over three missions, you're doing something wrong.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I did a little PVE but the reward:time ratio is very poor. I had one good PVP match in my PT-76 and basically finished it in one go.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, PVE is msotly for kicking back and having a relaxing time, not for hard grinding.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The pve rewards are bugged right now too, so you're only getting like half of what you should be rewards wise.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hopterque posted:

The pve rewards are bugged right now too, so you're only getting like half of what you should be rewards wise.

lol half of 50%? ouch

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Agrajag posted:

lol half of 50%? ouch

No, it's not supposed to be 50%, it's supposed to be equal, more or less, with pvp. The problem is that you only get the payout for objectives completed and stuff and don't get the right amount of xp for damage done and kills, so the payouts are way smaller than they should be.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Man, the T-62 sure is a breath of fresh air after whatever the hell the Scorpion is supposed to be.

vvvvv loving up other light vehicles is all well and good but that doesn't work out so great when most of what I end up fighting in it either stays very far away or is a tier 3+ MBT with enough armor to ignore me completely. I just couldn't make it work.

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 6, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Scorpion is a fun little thing, though. It's tiny, it's fast, it fucks up other light vees and it can troll MBTs by breaking their modules with HESH while also marking them so they take extra damage from everyone else.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

bacon flaps posted:

I will never advance past the M113.

Holy poo poo give me an M46 Patton or something for Tier 1.

I guess this might be mitigated if there were a few thousand people online so I could get matched against poo poo I can actually hurt though.

The M113 is a good and fun tank* tho?

Armored* Vehicle
Not really

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Magni posted:

Scorpion is a fun little thing, though. It's tiny, it's fast, it fucks up other light vees and it can troll MBTs by breaking their modules with HESH while also marking them so they take extra damage from everyone else.

Once I got the bug fixed I got the Scorpion shortly after. I hate this tank and I don't know why it is loved by everyone. I was glad to finally unlock the T62 and scrap that howitzer tank forever

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Scorpion is a fun go-fast and sucker punch MBT's when they are engaged with other vehicle and cannot blow you to pieces. Also it is really good for loving up other lights that cannot keep up with it. If you learn how to be really effective shooting on the move with it you will enjoy it loads and in a platoon it can be a blast.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I guess that might be my problem since I am playing from Australia, as my shots don't land where ever I am pointing the gun at till atleast two seconds have passed to compensate for lag, would be great if they had a sever crosshair feature for that reason

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I've never played a game like this before and I'm finding it pretty fun. Just got in yesterday from the Angry Joe giveaways and enjoyed playing it last night.

One question though, how do I play vehicles like the LAV-(some number) correctly? I get that you're supposed to use your speed to scout but I'm having a hell of a time just staying alive. Is there a trick to it or?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Leinadi posted:

I've never played a game like this before and I'm finding it pretty fun. Just got in yesterday from the Angry Joe giveaways and enjoyed playing it last night.

One question though, how do I play vehicles like the LAV-(some number) correctly? I get that you're supposed to use your speed to scout but I'm having a hell of a time just staying alive. Is there a trick to it or?

You're probably talking about the LAV-150, that 4-wheeled thing with an autocannon? I scout right at the beginning of a match and then stick close to my team's MBTs and flank the enemy while they're occupied with fighting an MBT.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Yeah, that one. And that seems to be good advice. Managed to survive a few matches now while scouting like a mad man at first, then retreating and finding a good position behind more heavily armored teammates.

Game is fun!

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, T-64. It's pretty good.

First match, I ate half a dozen Swingfires and Shillelaghs to my front without giving a single gently caress. :swoon:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

YellerBill posted:

You're probably talking about the LAV-150, that 4-wheeled thing with an autocannon? I scout right at the beginning of a match and then stick close to my team's MBTs and flank the enemy while they're occupied with fighting an MBT.

Also never not use incendiary rounds firing them into unsuspecting enemy buttes..

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I love how the matches tend to be much more mobile and constantly in flux compared to WoT. Even when playing MBTs, I'm almost constantly on the move looking for opportunities to flank or better firing positions and teams showing more momentum and willingness to maneuver aggressively tend to win most matches.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Leinadi posted:

Two ways to play it.

1) Scout, get all up in things, unload autocannon until you die. You probably will die if you charge in, but you'll help spot the enemy, and your autocannon can tear them up at this tech level.
2) Hang back and snipe. try to burst fire, but even at high levels of reticule bloom you'll probably hit with at least half your shots. Empty your magazine, then pull back and reposition when you reload. This works surprisingly well, especially when you get past the stock ammo, as the PT-76 and Scorpion can still be penned, even at difference and won't ricochet much. If you do this, try to position yourself on the flank of a team fight so you'll get side shots, especially if it keeps you out of visibility and puts you in position to punish anyone who charges forward.

It's totally counter-intuitive that it should work, but with 2) on that map with the weird pipeline/city thing in the middle, I regularly get 4-5 kills and rarely take more than 25% damage.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
How do I actually get to play this game? Did you all buy a package?

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Subyng posted:

How do I actually get to play this game? Did you all buy a package?

Get a EA code or buy a package.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
or if one of us the Lord of War package types have an extra code that can be shared..

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
So are you guys on the NA server or the EU one?

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 10, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I play EU when I work from home weekdays or on weekends if I am dicking around and have nothing to do but I definitely prefer NA because the desync on EU is loving painful.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
So why's the TS server down?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No donations prior to billing cycle and what we had in the kitty ran dry. I logged in to fund it and get the "need to contact billing support" which is conveniently closed on weekends. Not surprised though. RIP TeamSpeak.

AW does have a public server they propped up for everyone to use that we can ride on till Monday.

aw.syn-games.com

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 12, 2015

Casual Epic
Jul 16, 2008
Is this worth the $15 for early access?

I washed out of WoT due to the fact that everything felt slow and I was dying very quickly into matches for reasons I didn't understand.

However, the idea of firing ridiculous guns is appealing to me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
TeamSpeak is back up. Thanks to whoever ponied up to help with the server upkeep. Allahu Ackbar..

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Casual Epic posted:

Is this worth the $15 for early access?

I would say no, not at this point. It really needs an optimization pass and a larger player base before I can really recommend it. Give it a shot if you can snag a free key, but I wouldn't spend real money on it yet.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with that opinion as well. EA3 had been plagued with random or documented desktop crashes and other issues that seem like a step back from last test. The latest annoying bug is we launch a platoon into a match, it finds one and as we are connecting it crashes for everyone and the only fix is dropping the platoon. You get your tank back but gently caress. This is on top of all the other things going on like choosing one of the new tank commander's and it will crash and the myriad of other things. EA3, not so good.

I gave one of my preorder keys to my inlaw, he played one evening and quit he thought it is so buggy right now.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

It turns out that it doesn't like 21:9 aspect ratios, which makes it just about the first, including games that are literally for gameplay reasons locked to 16:9 but stretch or display on a subsection of the screen (Door Kickers).

No game it isn't 3440x1414.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Hey it might be a good idea to have a post with usernames, because I don't know who the gently caress anybody is in that game except for me, and I am KaiserSchnitzel.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My IGN is the same. Scoots is the only other regular I see, the rest are anti social.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

demonR6 posted:

My IGN is the same. Scoots is the only other regular I see, the rest are anti social.

This is true, I have been playing boats instead due to bugs.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's getting fixed today. I got my B1 Centauro yesterday and was wrecking face with it. Also the Lord of War tanks are available now so yeah, fun times when I get home tonight.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They're giving everyone all premium tanks over the next 4 days I think, it's cool. Also a double xp weekend over the week, and a new patch.

e: I'm pretty much still waiting for the next phase, it's supposed to be another big patch/economy rebalance/adding the retrofit system.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So ever since hooking up a 3440x1440 screen, it thinks nx1440 resolutions are nx1414, even 2560x1440, which used to work fine.

What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

xthetenth posted:

So ever since hooking up a 3440x1440 screen, it thinks nx1440 resolutions are nx1414, even 2560x1440, which used to work fine.

What the hell.

I had that happen too with plain old 1080p, try switching from windowed fullscreen to just fullscreen and downrezzing, if it's anything like the problem i was having it'll just take a bit of fiddling to get it back to normal.

• Locked thread