Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, uh...what can be deleted in the Distrib/packages/aw_mycom_beta folder? Because I've got 17.6GB sitting in there from patches dating back to the 10th of June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's the install files, so all that stuff. There's actually an option in the launcher that does it for you I think?

e: yeah if you click the dropdown arrow next to the play button there's a delete installation files option.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I have a problem with bright red zones on tanks where there should be normal textures. It usually manifests itself as bright red tracks or mantlets, or in the case of the Sheridan, the whole thing. Anyone know what causes this?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Pretty sure it's missing textures. What I don't know is how to fix it. Maybe I should reinstall.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
In world of tanks, the land would get red patches years ago. The cause was a memory leak which made the game run out of texture space so got red instead.
Is this a first launch issue or after several games? If at launch, I don't know and perhaps post it up on their forums if you haven't already.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

In world of tanks, the land would get red patches years ago. The cause was a memory leak which made the game run out of texture space so got red instead.
Is this a first launch issue or after several games? If at launch, I don't know and perhaps post it up on their forums if you haven't already.

Several games, same textures. Probably just didn't wait long enough to reinstall last time or forgot to wipe install files.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Okay, so I'm trying to log in and get "Failed to Connect to Authorization Server" - is this a 'thing' people are getting routinely?

I've tried logging out and logging back in on the launcher, and I still get the message.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see that the currently-online server is EU.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 16, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, T6 prems are unlocked now.

Seen some BMPT Terminators and holy poo poo that thing is ridiculous. The turret takes significantly less damage when hit compared to normal penetrations (like seemingly all unmanned turrets), the hull is the same as that of the T-90 two tiers higher (inluding the heavy ERA), it moves almost as fast as a light tank, the twin autocannons shred light vees like nothing and while the ATGMs take 24 seconds to load, it can then fire four of them without reloading. :stare:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Magni posted:

Welp, T6 prems are unlocked now.

Seen some BMPT Terminators and holy poo poo that thing is ridiculous. The turret takes significantly less damage when hit compared to normal penetrations (like seemingly all unmanned turrets), the hull is the same as that of the T-90 two tiers higher (inluding the heavy ERA), it moves almost as fast as a light tank, the twin autocannons shred light vees like nothing and while the ATGMs take 24 seconds to load, it can then fire four of them without reloading. :stare:

I took my t-72 out for a spin after the servers came up and just devoured overconfident nerds in their shiny new premium tanks. Had like a 5 kill, 5k damage, 2500 base XP round.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

So is it worth it to get a founder's pack or should I just wait until the game is released? I'd love to drive some modern tanks around and blow stuff up even if it's a little arcadey.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
If you wanna pay money, why not?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I threw money at it because I like to impulse buy and sometimes make bad decisions. Having played since early on would I make the same decision? Likely.

If you are one of those with high expectations and would be upset that it's not 100% ready to go them this is not for you. There's already countless numbers of shitlords bitching about the game not to their liking and demanding refunds... don't be one of those shitters.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Play the tier six premiums. I think they're fun as poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

xthetenth posted:

Play the tier six premiums. I think they're fun as poo poo.

They are really fun. The mbt-70 and terminator are both strong as gently caress and you make an insane amount of money with the double rewards this weekend, like a really good match will just give you straight up a million credits.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
MBT70 is awesome.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

The terminator is hilarious. It has some strange as gently caress armor and a funky autoloading atgm thing. You can roll around a corner, dump 4 missiles into a pubbie and drive away. Also you get the afv damage bonus.

MBT-70 is ballin, drive around at 50 kp/h everywhere.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Terminator has a T-90 hull including the heavy Explosive Reactive Armor on the front. You can lose the panels if you get hit enough, but until then you can basically ignore anything using HEAT (the ERA panels count as something like 1000mm of armor vs HEAT and laugh off any ATGM or HEAT shell currently in the game) and KE has noticeably more problems penning you. The turret is unmanned and tends to take vastly reduced damage from most tings despite having little armor. The ATGMs aren't kinda autoloading because you have four tubes. The twin autocannons are pretty dope, too. They shred other AFVs and amny TDs and light tanks and can even pen MBTs from the sides or rear sometimes. In PVP, I actually msotly use the autocannons with AP ammo and you can easily rack up beyond 20k damage over the three stages on medium difficulty.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 19, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So in other words, barring a nerf, which will probably not come for months because the BMP Terminator is a LoW-specific tank, it'll basically be a "gently caress you, I have discretionary income" premium that will enrage those who couldn't convince Mom to give up her credit card.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So in other words, barring a nerf, which will probably not come for months because the BMP Terminator is a LoW-specific tank, it'll basically be a "gently caress you, I have discretionary income" premium that will enrage those who couldn't convince Mom to give up her credit card.

Nah it's not even nearly that bad, it's a really great tank if you know how to play it I think but I've been shredding them left and right in pretty much everything I drive because people are incredibly overconfident. Also they really draw shells like a giant magnet, if a terminator pops up on the map suddenly everyone is firing at it and the turret is a (reduced damage) autopen for basically every tank in the game including autocannon afvs and poo poo. The mbt-70 is probably the strongest tank out of the group because it's got almost a light tank's maneuverability and profile, but very strong armor and a high alpha high pen gun, so you can do things like trade shots with a guy on one side and then in the 10 seconds it takes to reload you can get basically to the other side of a map of that's where you're needed, or just keep slugging it out with whatever you're fighting.

Also you've got to remember that these are still beta versions of these tanks, and this is the first time they've been out in the wild, so they obviously want to take a look at how they're balanced and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they both get toned down a bunch.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

The MBT-70 is weirdly mobile considering the other MBTs. Really wish the similarly mobile IRL tanks that came from the same project were also mobile like it is. Or MBTs that were IRL more mobile than the MBT-70 could be at lest that mobile (T-72 and Leopard 1 I'm looking at you).

The gun is also pretty amazing at the tier, with very high alpha.

And yeah, the Terminator is hilariously OP. Like, you can faceroll equal-tier MBTs because you have absurd armor, your autocannon actually does great DPS even against armor it can't pen while using HE ammo, and the only place that doesn't have absurd armor (parts of the turret) also happen to take 1/3rd normal damage with no critical subsystems in it (despite hosting every loving weapon on the tank you will never disable its weapons). Oh right, and a good part of the front of the turret is also heavily armored, so you can jink back and forth to protect the unarmored areas of the turret while facerolling people. It's also extremely fast, agile, and with a very high vision radius. Literally the only downside to the thing is its relatively low HP, but welp, you have the armor of an upgraded Tier 8 MBT on your ATGM-carrier-AFV in tier 6 so....

Edit: Also twice the camo as the T-90 and nearly as much camo as the LAV-150, despite having a tall, boxy turret on a T-90 hull. Because it needed that, too.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 19, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah there was word early on that the t6 premium terminator was gonna be the prototype one based on the t-72 hull which would have been totally fine (still pretty strong, I guess, but pretty manageable at t6), and the tier 8 non premium one was gonna be the full monty with the t-90 hull, but i'm not sure if they changed that or this is still placeholder stats or what.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

hopterque posted:

Yeah there was word early on that the t6 premium terminator was gonna be the prototype one based on the t-72 hull which would have been totally fine (still pretty strong, I guess, but pretty manageable at t6), and the tier 8 non premium one was gonna be the full monty with the t-90 hull, but i'm not sure if they changed that or this is still placeholder stats or what.

The hull is 248/165/80 with 1.7xAP/1.7xHE/2.8xHEAT modifiers. It actually has significantly better side armor than the T-90.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Terminator is pretty Ridiculous and fun.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Holy poo poo, the Begleitpanzer 57 is in right now for everyone and will be in the regular tech tree on release. :swoon:

Light tank class with a 57mm autocannon (that can load HEAT ammo with 115mm penetration and 230 damage in clips of 8 shots) and TOWs. Christ, they're really picking out some exotic stuff.

Edit: Trip report with it: It's a real blast. Imagine a WoT french light tank, except with smoke launchers and TOW missiles on top of the autoloader gun. It's a beast in-close. HEAT ammo for the gun will blow through the front of most non-MBT targets you meet (and the Leopard 1) with a good angle and 8 shots in the magazine are enough to outright chew a full-health MBT apart at T4 if you get some good damage rolls. Good speed and accelleration, somewhat wide turning radius, though. Front armor will sometimes bounce low-calibre autocannons. The only dawback are long relaod on the mags (~13.5 seconds without bonuses), comparatively crappy gun depression and a turret with a mediocre turning rate that seems inordinately vulnerable to getting damaged.

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 23, 2015

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Terminator is pretty Ridiculous and fun.

It honestly worries me that it ever made it into any kind of test open to the public in its current state.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
That expeditionary tank is pretty fun too, not terminator OP but still fun.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

So I got a bit of free time to play again (internet in Istanbul is actually reliable) and thought about a few of the issues that have been bugging me about AW.

1) It plays very, very similarly to WoT. That's not a good thing if they want to pull people out of WoT where they already have established social circles, clans, unlocked tanks, etc.

2) It's actually a bit more arcade-y than WoT with some pretty arbitrary mechanics thrown in for the sake of dividing things into different classes that feel a bit contrived. Tier and class determine what your tank does while the attributes of the actual tank (aside from appearance) don't seem to matter. For example:
-The "light tanks" can fire accurately on the move, even the old ones with lovely or no gun stabilizers. Main battle tanks, however, have to stop a few seconds to shoot with any kind of accuracy, even the ultra-modern ones with computerized fire-control systems and fully stabilized guns.
-Every MBT is also drat near blind, with super short view ranges compared to every other vehicle class regardless of the real life optics/sensor suites/whatever. Similarly the camo values seem more based upon vehicle class than anything to do with the dimensions of the vehicle. The big, boxy AFV with a 10 foot tall turret on an MBT hull is twice as hard to spot as short, compact MBT with the exact same hull but a much smaller turret.

3) There's a massive difference in power between the tiers. One tier is about a 20-25% statistical advantage in both HP and damage. So without even factoring in poo poo like higher tier vehicles having better armor/mobility/gadgets a dude one tier over you is sporting a 50% statistical advantage. That's huge. Two tiers over you? Enjoy trying to find a place on his tank to tickle him to death before he 2 shots you! This is the one that really bothers me, personally.

4) Artillery is still pretty annoying and more or less functions like WoT artillery (accurate/fast reload/high DPS rather than inaccurate/slow reload/high alpha damage). The cycle of nerfs is already in full swing and camping behind tall things ala WoT has become a thing in this game whenever you get a few arty around. I don't know why they'd have shoved artillery into this game with a WoT-ish implementation given the balance problems and community vitriol it produced in WoT.

Obviously you also have the usual balance issues and such, but that's not really a core issue. Unless they keep letting things like the Terminator out into the wild, of course.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 26, 2015

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

demonR6 posted:

That expeditionary tank is pretty fun too, not terminator OP but still fun.

How does it perform? It looks like it ought to be fast but I haven't been on yet to check.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Fast, nice accuracy on the move, horrifying DPM (the gun has like 6 second reloads), unmanned turret that takes reduced damage. Somewhat awkward turning radius, dogshit gun elevation/depression and functionally no armor whatsoever.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
^ but play on PVE where you can sit back on the second line and murder other tanks and kill steal at every opportunity and you rake in XP and loot. Granted if your pub team is full of cowards that won't budge then you are hosed.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

I was noticing that Battalions seem to be in with Early Access Event 4, unless they were already in with EA3 and I didn't notice. Do we have a goon battalion up yet?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No they were not, and yes we do.. it's called..

ISLAM

For serious, I created a batallion named Islam. Send me a request and I'll add you or give me your IGN and I can send you the invite.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

demonR6 posted:

No they were not, and yes we do.. it's called..

ISLAM

For serious, I created a batallion named Islam.

Nice. What do I have to do to get in-- is there an APPLY TO JOIN button somewhere on the website or in the game?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No idea, other than allowing me to create or and add dudes from in the game they made no intimation of how to use it or what it would do in the future. Find me in the TS and I can figure out how to add you. Is EA4 a thing yet?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

demonR6 posted:

No idea, other than allowing me to create or and add dudes from in the game they made no intimation of how to use it or what it would do in the future. Find me in the TS and I can figure out how to add you. Is EA4 a thing yet?

It is a thing, started yesterday.

There was a reset but they credited all the xp and money you've earned as free xp so you can go buy whatever.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who wants in to ISLAM post up and I will add you, be sure to leave your IGN.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

hopterque posted:

It is a thing, started yesterday.

There was a reset but they credited all the xp and money you've earned as free xp so you can go buy whatever.

I was disappointed by the reset at first but then I realized that I could just skip straight back up to tier 3 in a different vehicle line this time. I've been going up the line that starts with the Leopard I instead of the T-62 this time around and man, Scorpions just utterly wreck the Leo. The mobility + gun are nice though.

e: You can go on and invite me to ISLAM, ign is YellerBill (i'm so original)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My IGN is hopterque, add me whenever.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hey good news since they unified the servers and we are stuck playing EU then we get to use the clan I created there.. its....

CHAI

hahahahahahahaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
Sooo, i haven't played sense beta 1, anything major to know?

• Locked thread