Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well it's over now. Integrate into WOT and just make the tanks T11 to T20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

CitizenKain posted:

Well, I guess I've spent 60 bucks on worse games, but boy do I feel dumb putting money into this shitshow back on the first alpha. The game actually had potential too. At least in the first 5 tiers. Tier 6 on was a mess, but a fixable one.
They should just sell the whole thing to Tencent and let the Chinese take a crack at it.

Honestly, I had a decent amount of fun for the money I spent and put quite a few hours into it, and at the time at least part of that money was going to obsidian, so I'm not too mad about it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Gervasius posted:

But you are wrong there! You can buy these same progression tanks, without reskins or premium bonuses, for gold!

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/offer-seahawks-armory

What a blatant cash grab.

Dear loving god.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Q_res posted:

At this point Obsidian has to be pretty happy about being cut loose from this poo poo show.

I'm starting to wonder if obsidian got cut loose specifically because of this. Remember, obsidian was adamant that they wouldn't microtransaction the game to hell like my.com normally does to their games. And as they owned the property with my just handling the publishing, this was easy to see happen. I expect though that my.com started to bump heads on cash grab ideas obsidian was skipping out on. So obsidian slowly got booted out and sold the ip to my.com. Cover story is so obsidian can work on other things, but the reason this game was tieing them down was them butting heads on the business model for the game.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nordick posted:

This game is so incredibly loving dead lmao

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If they simply stayed at tiers 1-8 and didn't try jamming in 9-10 for no reason and spent the time fixing their many problems this could of made it but lol nope.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

If they simply stayed at tiers 1-8 and didn't try jamming in 9-10 for no reason and spent the time fixing their many problems this could of made it but lol nope.

"Hey My.com, people are noticing a problem with the grind being really steep at tier 6, also there are some serious balance issues we should work on."

"Release tier 10 tanks!"

"But those are even more imbalanced."

"Prepare tier 11."

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

"Hey My.com, people are noticing a problem with the grind being really steep at tier 6, also there are some serious balance issues we should work on."

"Release tier 10 tanks!"

"But those are even more imbalanced."

"Prepare tier 11."

QFT

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

Well it's over now. Integrate into WOT and just make the tanks T11 to T20.

Wargaming does not need to go looking for another developers title to get into the modern tanks game.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Obsidian has really bad luck with publishers, poor ropekid.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Somehow this game is coming to PS4? Have they done some major overhaul to its garbage gameplay and lack of players? Maybe it will be more fun on a console perhaps.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Somehow this game is coming to PS4? Have they done some major overhaul to its garbage gameplay and lack of players? Maybe it will be more fun on a console perhaps.

As far as I know MBTs are still immortal so it'll probably still be garbage.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

As far as I know MBTs are still immortal so it'll probably still be garbage.

Eh, in PvE not so much since bots can use ATGMs and will happily slam four TOWs straight into your turret ring while driving 80 kmh. Terminators and Ramkas will remove 3000 of your HP in 8 seconds unless you get lucky or you are in a very good hull down position. Not to mention bot Swingfires and Bradleys, those things are deadly and they are loving everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

After Reloaded bought Hawken they brought it to consoles and the game stayed dead. Of course, that was on top of Reloaded attempting to make money from the game by adding the shittiest low-effort content they possibly could.

• Locked thread