Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

Are they planning to add the M60A2E1 Starship and the MBT-70 or does this ignore crazy experimental tanks? I remember those two were a lot of fun when used properly in Wargame. :getin:

Starship and MBT-70 were both in the alpha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
IIRC PVE missions are still with several humans on your team vs bots. OTOH that also means you can platoon up for them.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Well, you can always go PVE now. Also, they will introduce the M48 Patton as a Tier 2 MBT next patch IIRC.

That being said, T-62 in PVE is kinda hilarious. Just pack all the HEAT and start cooking. If you don't get 10k or more damage over three missions, you're doing something wrong.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, PVE is msotly for kicking back and having a relaxing time, not for hard grinding.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Scorpion is a fun little thing, though. It's tiny, it's fast, it fucks up other light vees and it can troll MBTs by breaking their modules with HESH while also marking them so they take extra damage from everyone else.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, T-64. It's pretty good.

First match, I ate half a dozen Swingfires and Shillelaghs to my front without giving a single gently caress. :swoon:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I love how the matches tend to be much more mobile and constantly in flux compared to WoT. Even when playing MBTs, I'm almost constantly on the move looking for opportunities to flank or better firing positions and teams showing more momentum and willingness to maneuver aggressively tend to win most matches.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Welp, T6 prems are unlocked now.

Seen some BMPT Terminators and holy poo poo that thing is ridiculous. The turret takes significantly less damage when hit compared to normal penetrations (like seemingly all unmanned turrets), the hull is the same as that of the T-90 two tiers higher (inluding the heavy ERA), it moves almost as fast as a light tank, the twin autocannons shred light vees like nothing and while the ATGMs take 24 seconds to load, it can then fire four of them without reloading. :stare:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Terminator has a T-90 hull including the heavy Explosive Reactive Armor on the front. You can lose the panels if you get hit enough, but until then you can basically ignore anything using HEAT (the ERA panels count as something like 1000mm of armor vs HEAT and laugh off any ATGM or HEAT shell currently in the game) and KE has noticeably more problems penning you. The turret is unmanned and tends to take vastly reduced damage from most tings despite having little armor. The ATGMs aren't kinda autoloading because you have four tubes. The twin autocannons are pretty dope, too. They shred other AFVs and amny TDs and light tanks and can even pen MBTs from the sides or rear sometimes. In PVP, I actually msotly use the autocannons with AP ammo and you can easily rack up beyond 20k damage over the three stages on medium difficulty.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 19, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Holy poo poo, the Begleitpanzer 57 is in right now for everyone and will be in the regular tech tree on release. :swoon:

Light tank class with a 57mm autocannon (that can load HEAT ammo with 115mm penetration and 230 damage in clips of 8 shots) and TOWs. Christ, they're really picking out some exotic stuff.

Edit: Trip report with it: It's a real blast. Imagine a WoT french light tank, except with smoke launchers and TOW missiles on top of the autoloader gun. It's a beast in-close. HEAT ammo for the gun will blow through the front of most non-MBT targets you meet (and the Leopard 1) with a good angle and 8 shots in the magazine are enough to outright chew a full-health MBT apart at T4 if you get some good damage rolls. Good speed and accelleration, somewhat wide turning radius, though. Front armor will sometimes bounce low-calibre autocannons. The only dawback are long relaod on the mags (~13.5 seconds without bonuses), comparatively crappy gun depression and a turret with a mediocre turning rate that seems inordinately vulnerable to getting damaged.

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 23, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Fast, nice accuracy on the move, horrifying DPM (the gun has like 6 second reloads), unmanned turret that takes reduced damage. Somewhat awkward turning radius, dogshit gun elevation/depression and functionally no armor whatsoever.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Well, you an invite me to CHAI or ISLAM or whatever. IGN is Magni56. What TS server are we on?

On another note: When spending your free xp past-reset, unlock each equipment part on a tank seperately instead of skipping the whole thing via the bar - investing xp into the bar gets you to the next tank but won't open any of the modules while investing in the modules also counts towards the entire bar equally. :ughh:

Magni fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 16, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

cheese posted:

How does one redeem their founders pack?

Automatically. It doesn't apply to this Early Access phase, though. Except for the tank commander, that one you get already.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
EA 5 is on. No reset. Go to your older tanks and use your unspent xp to unlock extra credit bonuses and poo poo. Also, PVE rewards got boosted, a good medium-difficulty round in a Tier 5 can now get you easily 1k+ xp.

Tree's got rejiggered a bit again and some new vehicles are in to fill gaps, like the BMP-1P now sitting between BMP-1 and BMP-2 or the Leopard 1A5 sitting between OF-40 and Leopard 2AV. Also, T9 and T10 MBTs (Leo 2A6, Leo 2A7+, T-90MS and T-14 Armata) are visible in the tree, but not yet unlockable even if you had poopsocked that hard/are running a press account.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
T-72A trip report: This thing is amazing. Even without the engine upgrade and mobility refit unlocked, you're moving better than T-72 Ural. The ERA is competent against AP threats as long as you hide the lower front plate. It's loving hilarious against people trying to sling ATGMs at you - had a Bradley dunk at least four TOWs into my front in a match without doing poo poo. The upgraded gun and ammo is pretty great, too. Long aim time and merely decent accurracy (but nice on-the-move with the stabiliser upgrade), but holy poo poo does it hit like a truck. HEAT shells or Svir ATGMs can do up to ~730 damage in one go.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I'd be up this weekend, gonna be hanging out in the 2PAC Teamspeak server.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

xthetenth posted:

Medium's only difficulty is in the amx 10p 90 being a ridiculous aimbot in ai hands, but hard is way past that in difficulty.

You're gonna love the higher-tiers, where it's instead lots of BMP3/BMP-3M/BMD-4 spamming 100mm HE shells at you with the odd Abrams or Leo 2 and some Expeditionary Tanks and VFM-5s thrown in for good measure. Oh, and bloody Wiesels spotting you for the other bots.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
The problem is all the BMP/BMDs spamming enough HE to wear you down eventually, with the odd high-pen threat kicking you for big numbers mixed in.

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 13, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So for the finish, we now get a x10 boost on credits and xp per match. Means you can try out some of the T8s at full upgrades.

Also, T-90, Ramka and the Stryker MGS are all loving murdermobiles even stock.

Magni fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 20, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
T-90 in its current form is pretty freakin' ridiculous. People bitching about MBTs being slow should try it out. Even stock, the mobility is pretty good and the turret rotation is freakishly quick. The gun has kinda eh accurracy and aim time but hits like a goddamn truck, too. And you get bloody Shtora and heavy ERA as stock modules.

Magni fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 20, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
0.9 patch test server notes: http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/update-09-coming-pts

Wow, they're actually trying to knock out what I at least regarded as some of the biggest issues in PVE right now. Plus more missions and a whole lot of other cool stuff. Pen buff for smaller cannons is also pretty good imo.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 22, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Public stress test this Thursday-Friday.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Pre-load for open beta is now avaiable.

Also, the second PVE enemy groups is freakin' Redneck militiamen with tanks. :haw:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

organburner posted:

Okay, if anyone wants to get into Chinese Heroes and Inf on the yurp server lemme know here I guess.

I told you I hosed up with the battalion name :(

Count me in. Magni56 on EU server.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

PenguinScotty posted:

And yeah, i've seen a LOT of Chieftains, but no Leos or XM1s, even another T-72, i have yet to spot. Wonder why people are going for Chieftains? Guess Armor is the big draw.

It's easier to unlock than other T5s if you abuse PVE bot behaviour with one of the soviet MBTs - you can just corner a bot and let it continously bounce shots off your front for an extended time to grind up the bounced damage.

Magni fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 4, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Great, so for some reason my computer refuses to save any screenshots I make of this. :(

Just had a great/rage-inducing game with the BMP-1 of all things. Over 4200 damage, 6 kills, 12 spots. Almost 2200xp and over 120k credits. Ace Tanker, Master Gunner, Recon and... Iron Star. Because of course the pubbie brigade had to gently caress it all up and lose anyway. I earned more xp than anyone on the winning team, too.

Edit: And then the next match with the BMP-1, I score 5 kills and almost 3600 damage, for 2kxp, 115k credits and another Ace Tanker, Master gunner and a Gold Star. And it unlocked the BMP-1P, too. :haw:

Magni fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 4, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
It's currently pretty OP, but that's becuase you're pretty much guaranteed to be top-tier with the matches bein dominated by T4s and T5s, none of which have any realistic chance of penetrating the front of the MBT-70. Hell, most of them have a hard time getting through the turret sides. Once you get more higher-tier competition, it's probably going to become quite a bit less spectaular, what with the kinda anemic gun handling and vey long reloads.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, skycancer is actually not 100% unbearable to play in this. I am very happy about this, given it means I won't have to sacrifie a ton of free xp to get the commanders you cna unlock grinding the Gvosdika and M109.

In other news, the LAV-300 is hilarious once you learn o drive wheeled vehicles well. Doing 100+ km/h drive-bys at MBTs around a corner is funny as hell and the pubbies normally don't know what the gently caress is even happening as they take a HEAT shell to the side or rear.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Haha, welp. Turns out the wheels on wheeled TDs can act as spaced armor. Just had a pubbie in a Sheridan bitch at me for half a match after he managed to land a zero damage 152mm HEAT shell into my wheels and then got torn up before he could reload. :allears:

The wheeled TDs are seriously growing on me. The Dragoon 300-90 and LAV-300 at least are just that kind of hilarious rear end in a top hat-mobile that combines a hella accurate and fast-aiming gun with a ridiculously fast plattform.

Magni fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 6, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

PenguinScotty posted:

I've actually been playing with the idea of running Ioannis Sanna in Arty and seeing how much module/fire/crew havoc one can lay down.

Same idea here. And as chance wills it, I just unlocked the gentleman and will be playing the Gvosdika a lot tomorrow. Just to further stack the odds, I also picked the loader skill that increases module damage.

So, experience report on that in a day or two.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, I just had a 13:0 loss in which I had the highest damage and second-highest xp on my team. As arty. :shepicide:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

demonR6 posted:

A. did you make credits and
2. did you earn a lot of XP regardless of the loss

Somewhat. XP and credit earnings for arty seem to be kinda poo poo compared to everything else. I also rakc up way less damage with it simply becuase it's so rare to score full-on hits against anyone not completely braindead.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, so far the Ioannis Sanna+arty experiment isn't going well. Got the Gvosdika up to proven status now without setting a single fire in 26 matches - the problem is his skill only works for engine fires and you need penetrating hits for that. Arty doesn't get those much. However, combinng his anti-materiel explosives skill and the loader skill for extra moduel damage seems to work pretty well - I'm blowing off tracks and optics and damaging guns a lot.

Also, here's nothing funnier than shotgunning a wheeled TD that's screaming down the road at over 100 km/h at you. The sheer pubbie rage it created the two times I pulled it of so far was something to behold.

ndub posted:

well this 500 damage heat poo poo sure is a war crime
Which one? T-72, Starship or Sheridan?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

BadLlama posted:

One thing I am not liking in this game though is that you can apparently crit people for a poo poo ton of damage?

Crits are only from ammo rack destruction (which causes a shitload of damage instead of auto-killing you - I've landed a ~750 damage hit on a Leopard 1 with the Dragoon 300-90 that way) or shooting someone through the engine grill (some mild bonus damage).

protastic posted:

Also Lord of War would be totally worth it if you got nothing but the BMPT. I could play nothing but that forever and be happy. :perfect:

Playing the BMPT right now with all the complete newbies basically turns you average match into a reenactment of this. It's glorious. :allears:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

Wait. Why do I have 6 million credits.

Also wow, those guys at Obsidian make it really hard to hate them. Even if you do not collect your 100 supply every day, they get stored up. So you don't need to log in every single day.

IIRC it stores up to 1k raw materials before you lose it to overflow.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

ndub posted:

why even play this game if you aren't going 80kph at all times

So you can do sick snipes on people going 80+ kph. Seriously, the most magical moment in 50 games with arty was when I was driving the Gvosdika and managed to shotgun a Dragoon-300 that was screaming in at max speed to get himself that arty booty, only for him to get atomised by a hip-fired 122mm dustbin. :haw:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
What voicechat is EU CAHI using, anyway? The one in the OP seems mostly NA goons.

spectralent posted:

Going for the M60A2 now; it's cool as balls but how does it stack up in-game?

You have a derpgun that can't fire AP, a gigantic tumor on top of your turret, you're slow and your rear end is one gigantic weakspot that hands out criticals.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Also, do bushes add like 0 cover in this?

Bushes only give you extra concealment if they completely obscure your vehicle. If your turret points over it, no bonus. If your rear end is too wide, no bonus.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, I just did my daily in a PVP match and walked out with ~3000 damage done, 7 kills, Ace Tanker and the gold medal... with the M109.:stare: And an enemy Gvosdika somehow scored ~3200 damage, too. Highest damage on both teams done by arty? :wtf:

Made me ~3700xp and slightly over 100k credits. Oh, and caused a T-64 pubbie to yell "loving ARTY!" in chat. :haw:

Now I'm kinda bummed out that my screenshot function still refuses to actually save any screenshots.

Keeshhound posted:

Is it true that damaging someone while hidden lights you up even if you wouldn't have been revealed?

Yes and no. It does make your vehicle model visible to the victim for a couple seconds, but not the overhead marker and the shooter does not get a notification that he's spotted. So the only realistic way he's gonna be shooting back without fully spotting you is if he was alread looking at your position when you were shooting.

Magni fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

spectralent posted:

Apparently you can just take arty into PvE missions and salvo the cap sites the NPCs go after whenever they get to 40% cap and win the game solo from the spawn point.

Also what's the difference between the Scorpion's petrol and diesel engines? Difference in game I mean; doesn't seem to change top speed or acceleration.

IIRC pretty much all engine upgrades improve hull traverse and module HP.

• Locked thread