Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I'm honestly considering the Lord of War pack but I'd like to try before I buy. I play War Thunder yet WoT turned me off. If this is somewhat in the middle I think I'd like it. If someone tosses a code my way and I bite the bullet I'll definitely pay it forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I will never advance past the M113.

Holy poo poo give me an M46 Patton or something for Tier 1.

I guess this might be mitigated if there were a few thousand people online so I could get matched against poo poo I can actually hurt though.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
I did a little PVE but the reward:time ratio is very poor. I had one good PVP match in my PT-76 and basically finished it in one go.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
The conefire does not lie and your shot will dunk into the ground at the worst time every once in a while

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
It's a god damned shame that all MBTs aren't like the Leopard 1

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

hopterque posted:

What, like a light tank?

Those are a thing and they're great.

Well it doesn't have the insane/retarded perfect moving accuracy but it just doesn't feel as loving, I dunno, gamey as the other ones I've played. I understand they want to have "classes" within the game but I don't think MBTs should read out like this

quote:

3) Main Battle Tanks. Example is the M1 Abrams. MBTs are WoT heavy tanks.
-Best armor. (By far)

-Medium penetration on primary gun

-Worst view range
-Worst camo rating
-Worst mobility
-Worst speed
-Worst turret turn speed
-Worst ATGM options
-Worst potential Damage-Per-Minute
-Worst accuracy on the move. (by far)

I don't want to get into this whole historical hoopla about how basically none of the other classes are honestly worth a poo poo IRL because 70 ton M1A2s can go 70km/h but I do think they've gone a bit overboard with making their distinctions.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Raged posted:

What is the reload time on a MBT in the game? Most reload in under 5 second and the turret can do a 360 stupidly quick. Quick like, kill you if you get clipped by it quick.

Most are around 8-10 seconds before any adjustment I believe. Dunno for turret traverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
It's a testament to Obsidian's prowess at storytelling that such a rich world has been built around this conefire tank game

• Locked thread