Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I know it's already been renewed for season 2 and I thought it was fantastic, but somebody explain to me how a network like USA with hardcore sister shows like NASCAR and WWE RAW and a please-kill-yourself actor like Christian Slater aren't going to just find a way to gently caress this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Spergatory posted:

Perhaps I should've been clearer. The problem with the show's advertising at the moment is

A. It paints the show as a ridiculously one-note political screed when it's actually a character-driven psychological thriller, and

B. It necessarily comes off as weird and insincere, like when advertising companies attempt to co-opt memes in order to sell poo poo. They don't get the joke or why it's funny, they just sort of throw it at you and hope for the best. Elliot's political views work when they are a part of Elliot's subdued internal monologue, as a part of his character exemplifying his paranoia. They don't work so well when they are YELLING AT ME in ALL CAPS from a POSTER on the SUBWAY.

I'm just saying, USA is spending an awful lot of money to make their show look kind of bad.

I'm sure they're going to have their crack ads team do most of that as soon as they finish up their latest ad run for WWE Tough Enough.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Dollops of sweat bead Elliott's face, he's nervous but also shows the greedy anticipation of the well laid-out loving he's about to receive.

Elliott: Hopefully you've got more metal down there too
Mr Robot: Don't you know it baby, now shut up and take it

Mr Robot grabs the nearest filthy cloth he can find and with disdain and disgust on his face at his addict son'd wanton lust, he stuffs it in Elliot's mouth.

That was part of the finale script from a friend of mine who's an extra on the show, he didn't want to get fired. He said all of your expectations will be met.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

I thought the office scene showed that more. If that actually had happened in that environment everyone would be staring, not just a short glance from someone walking by who could easily have been looking at the injuries visible on the side of the head she approached from, or even just a curious glance wondering why he was standing there and not sitting down.

Yeah I thought office and then bar was like the last 5% confirmation of the durdening I needed

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If this is dexter then doakes better pick up the pace, that show was excruciatingly awful as soon as he ate it. Also lumberjack elliott is legit

• Locked thread