Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Above Our Own posted:

Calling the big bad mega corporation "EvilCorp" is blatant almost to the point of parody and I hope it indicates that the show has some self-awareness. I wouldn't mind seeing an inversion of the angsty hacker trope although that probably aint gonna happen.

The realistic hacking is refreshing. Nobody who doesn't work in tech will give two shits though

Well, its not actually called Evil Corp, that's just what he calls it and mentally replaces every reference to it, which is why everyone else says it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Can't wait. What time does this air?

Tomorrow night, 10/9

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, E Corp is supposed to be one big multinational conglomerate. They mention that the security firm he works for gets most of their business from them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This VP guy looks like he's wearing a human suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"I'll tweet but only if I like it"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its just a weird fit for USA in general, not just in tone but how they love to do corporate partners with their shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A fun one is how Suits has a car sponsor, even though it is set in NYC and nobody regularly drives anywhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We saw Mr. Robot interact with those guys stalking Elliot in the first episode. Of course they could always have been fake too but that's getting kind of out there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Why should it be deleted? Not everybody detests spoilers.

Personally I think maybe people should not talk about the season finale when a whole 2 episodes have aired.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cross promotion! There were posters for this movie in the background of the previous scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Does their boss live in a sex dungeon?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He is really committed to his plan!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, they're watching Hackers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, someone actually talked to Mr. Robot other than Elliott.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, uh, yeah?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure she used her cheating boyfriend's badge to get in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The preview for next week looked like it might show Mr. Robot and Elliott in different places so it could put to rest the idea that Mr. Robot isn't real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

steakmancer posted:

Did they definitively establish that Tyrell got the CTO position, since he seemed brushed aside for another candidate in the 3rd episode, but was mentioned as E's CTO in a news broadcast in the next episode? Or is this another weird point just manipulable by the unreliable narrator conceit?

He's interim CTO. He's just not getting the job permanently and will be expected to step down when the new guy gets it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's... a little harsh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This episode is super dark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was a super dark ending.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trabant posted:

Ghost Dad reboot looking good.

Despite the name, he wasn't a ghost in that.

For a point in the "Mr. Robot isn't real" camp, the conversation in the stairwell had a rather pointed line where he told Elliott to face the truth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first episode had Shayla naked, which seems like a good indicator that this might not be appropriate for preteens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of a weird use of BD Wong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well that scene at the beginning of the episode makes more sense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So there's basically two options here:
Mr. Robot is actually Elliot and he's just projecting his father's image
Mr. Robot is actually Elliot's father and he faked his own death playing on Elliot's mental issues to kind of just swoop in and as long as he didn't say anything Elliot wouldn't realize what was going on.

I'm kind of leaning toward the second as he is noticeably older than in the pictures, which would be an odd detail for a crazy person to come up with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Steve112sms posted:

He only looked a lot younger in a few of the pictures where he's by himself. He looks about the same to me in the pictures with child Elliot. Down to the same glasses and jacket. I assumed the pictures were just his dad when he was younger.

He has gray hair now and doesn't in the pictures of Elliot as a kid.

He might have faked his own death considering what we know about him dying was kind of odd, like the whole thing where Elliot wasn't supposed to tell anyone that he was sick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of hard to judge age with Christian Slater in the first place since he's looked pretty much the same since the 80s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC Angela and Elliot didn't meet each other until after the death because it was part of the whole lawsuit thing. Although I think she would know which parent died.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, remember he only told Elliot he was dying of cancer and swore him to secrecy. It only became a thing when Elliot told other people about it. So he could have been planning something else and Elliot screwed it up, forcing him to go through a charade of "dying of cancer." If he was also a good hacker we can assume he did exactly the same thing Elliot did and hacked into a hospital to fake results.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In last week's episode when Mr. Robot and Romero were talking Romero tells Mr. Robot to "tell the kids I said hi." Which could be interpreted multiple ways.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

In last week's episode when Mr. Robot and Romero were talking Romero tells Mr. Robot to "tell the kids I said hi." Which could be interpreted multiple ways.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

American Psycho.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lot of "loving" in this week's episode so far.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This really seems to be building up to Mr Robot not being real.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, there's a gun in that popcorn machine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Feenix posted:

Again, I ask... anyone know where I can see the stinger? There was a post-credits one last night... yes?

There wasn't anything. We watched until the next show started.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lumis posted:

I really hope the show isn't done with Vera yet. I want Elliot to get some revenge for Shayla. :(

If he returns it probably won't be until next season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xoidanor posted:

Uh, what?

That was a scene that caused a lot of stupid discussion in True Detective season 1. There were claims that since one of the main character's daughters did that she was being abused as part of a secret pedophile ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jose posted:

the first season hasn't finished yet so theres still time

It's already been renewed for a second season at least.

• Locked thread