Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I loved it. I'm already getting a very smart vibe from how everything was laid out. Since Elliot is a schizophrenic (at least they hinted at that with him being on pills and the men in black thing) I'm assuming that there's going to be tons of things that we're taking as "real" in fact won't be later on, or at least won't be the same things we think they are.

Also this is the first show in a looong time that even the pilot is worth multiple viewings before any other episodes are out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Can we all take a moment to acknowledge that a network which has primarily existed as a dumping ground for 5 year old action movies has this show? I mean in all honesty that surprises the poo poo out of me. Thank you AMC for showing the way.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 10, 2015

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Barbe Rouge posted:

I've watched the pilot and I hate the angsty socially retarded MC (that internal soliloquy at the therapist's office was vomit-inducing) as well as the cool hobo hacker Christian Slater. Since the show will probably revolve around them, it's safe to say I'll hate it too.

You know, I also hate internal monologue about how much everyone else around you sucks and isn't as smart as you, it's an easy way to differentiate the protagonist from the rest of the crowd but I think in this show its an important (if not an awkward) small step to show how Elliot is out of step with the rest of us. Plus it helps play out the "may be crazy" or "may not be crazy" angle. If you've got a better way to play that out in front of the screen there's a ton of writers who want to know what it is.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The sweepstakes live video feed is the cheesiest god drat thing with the fake anonymous angle.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Yeah I got the impression he was pronouncing it poorly ironically.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Considering there's a whole bunch of people who don't watch TV shows on their computers I'd say it'll be the pilot.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Jose posted:

He probably shouldn't be taking all these drugs when he's extremely mentally ill imo but it explains all the hallucinations

I don't know man, drugs are pretty rad.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rocksicles posted:

The fact you you posted any finale spoilers, potential or otherwise this early. Makes you a oval office.

:agreed:

I resisted looking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Maybe it's all real and we're the delusion? :tinfoil:

• Locked thread