Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This show is so loving dorky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted a gif of Nic digging in his ear with the guy behind him but I couldn't find one that wasn't edited to hell. :negative:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

ViggyNash posted:

Huh, apparently Crunchy picked up Gangsta. No episodes up yet, but the page exists at least.

They put store pages up for anything they get rights to somewhere. Hopefully they don't confusingly put said shows in the Updated list even out of region like they did with Dog Days S3

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I really wasn't expecting anything from this anime, but I am pleasantly surprised. It is really good, not amazing but eh my tastes are fairly poo poo.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
It's going at a pretty chill pace right now but it works imo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
First episode was practically a panel by panel adaption of the first chapter of the manga, second episode is mostly chapters 3 and 4 with a few things rearranged. There are a couple of things from chapter 2 that I hope aren't being left out completely because that chapter provided some early character development for Worick that's been lacking a bit in the anime so far, what with most of the focus being on Nicolas.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Badass doctors are the best loving characters and I will fight anyone who disagrees with me. :colbert:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like how they adressed the background character stuff people here discussed

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

some art by Kohske :3:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The author's twitter is great.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Compendium posted:

The author's twitter is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Punishment game reference. With added Thai-kick. Brilliant.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

krampster2 posted:

I have an issue with the first episode and everyone needs to hear it! IMO the set looked completely dead and lifeless, I don't think there was a single extra or anything filling in the streets they were just empty alleyways between houses that all looked the same. Normally in a setting like this you would expect to see street vendors selling their wares, people walking around, stray dogs and housewives leaning out of windows hanging clothes on wires that run between buildings but in Gangsta they had nothing filling in the set and it made so bland and uninteresting. I never realised until now how just a few extras walking around in the background can make a scene look much more interesting. Or not even that, maybe just a pot plant here and there or something other than just bare empty walls.

every time someone goes into an alley in this show they get shot, or the alley is full of dead people so I can see why they're empty

it's a pretty okay show

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In case you were wondering what the audience for this show is.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I honestly don't know what to day. I guess that makes sense in a way but... wow.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gonna be :f5: Kohske's twitter for her take on it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even though they're rearranging the order a little, a lot of these scenes are almost identical to the manga and it's so great to see them in motion. That whole ending sequence was awesome. Just for reference, this ep was chapters 2 and 5 rolled together.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love reading the Google translate of Kohske's twitter.

quote:

It is your job to use the holy sword of groin.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kohske is a cool, horny lady.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lots of butts and breasts this episode

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Davincie posted:

lots of butts and breasts this episode

I thought there was a lot of character development.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the three-episode-test moment of truth so I'm interested to see what people think about it at this point and if they'll keep watching or drop it.

I feel like my dumb spoilers in the OP have stifled discussion somewhat and I apologize if that's the case. When I was gathering stuff for the OP I was pretty excited about the show and all immersed in the wiki and character trivia and I forgot how long the full reveal of what Tags are actually takes. It really should have been the mystery of the first quarter of the show and I plopped it out there right off the bat and if that ruined things for anyone I feel really bad about it. I mentioned before that my reasoning was to head off feelings of bait and switch since folks seemed to expect Black Lagoon and were going to get magical junkies. After the show started airing and I re-read that part of the manga I realized that was a bigger spoiler that I realized, but it was too late to walk it back at that point.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 16, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Everything Burrito posted:

This is the three-episode-test moment of truth so I'm interested to see what people think about it at this point and if they'll keep watching or drop it.

I still think we're getting through the exposition at this point. The characers are interesting, but there's no way to tell exactly where the overall story is headed yet. I'll stick with it for awhile.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

episode 3 was probably my favorite and i wish i could expect the show to be more like that. but it inevitably being a violent crime sorta deal doesn't turn me off either, at this point i like the characters/setting/music enough to keep watching regardless.

also kohske has such cute birds, I'm loving her twitter

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Episode 3 was really, really good. I like that it was slower paced and basically all character moments. Also boobs and butts and muscles. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but definitely getting some Gungrave vibes already.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
This show has an awesome op

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I realize I'm late to this, but Gangsta got an anime!?

I remember reading it and checking out the artist's pixiv page when she was first announcing it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:yeah:

You're not even that far behind, just three episodes to catch up on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New episode is up!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hi, darling.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
They moved into the flashback stuff a little quicker than I expected. I figured the stuff with Alex would be chopped up and mixed in but that we might get a full episode of the past after the fight. This works though, I don't mind getting to baby Nic and Worick sooner.

Too bad they cut Nic breaking out of his cuffs I get a kick out of that bit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is it just me, or does the soundtrack have only four pieces on it, two of which are almost identical?

Sunsetaware
Jun 2, 2012

This show's got style in a cheap tacky mob way, and I kind of like what they're doing with the pacing, too. Not bad at all.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Is it just me, or does the soundtrack have only four pieces on it, two of which are almost identical?

this is exactly what the ANN reviewer keeps complaining about but i honestly only notice the music or lack thereof when it sounds good so :shrug:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Other than listening to the opening and endings I rarely pay much attention to the music during a show so honestly I hadn't noticed at all.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

The six gabber kicks in the next ep preview are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations to thread mother Everything Burrito on the new avatar

.jpg posted:

Burrito, the lack of anime in your av concerned me so I improved it

• Locked thread